davidsb

Meijer Blaster Boxes

I was at Meijer today and they have all trading cards at 20% off. Not sure how long it's running for. I'm jonesing for some UH packs, but it's always depressing to see how they've been rifled through.

The real value is where they have their older cards (2006-2008) over in the toy section. The 2007 blasters have 20 packs and the Series 1 (Jeter/Mantle/Bush) are seriously marked down, plus the 20% off. Sometimes they have old HTA boxes at big discounts but I didn't see any today. The last thing I need are more '06-'08 cards...

Trading cards 20% off again this week!! Wanted some Heritage but they were all sold out. Will check back in a few days.

Why don't they sell the regular hobby boxes at Meijer? I've pulled better cards just buying single packs over those "Blaster" boxes. All you get extra is those patch cards.

Meijer = retail, so they have the retail product. However, it's interesting that the Meijer by my house almost always has older (2-3 years old) hobby and/or jumbo boxes for sale at good discounts. I'm not sure how they are able to get around the hobby store requirement to sell those.

For what it's worth, if someone's looking for retail hits (and un-searched packs), try the "blister" product. Those are the $7.99 4-pack packages that include a diamond redemption card. I haven't bought any from '11, but from '10 UH (the million redmption blisters), I pulled jersey cards at a surprisingly high rate. Target sells them - I'm not sure about the other stores.

Personally I avoid blasters now. I'm not a fan of manufactured patches, the card volume is low and hits are almost non-existent. Aside from the blisters, the best retail option to me is rack packs, but only if you can get to them before the pack searchers do.