cruzer1

Early 3 round mock draft...

Except Warner still had a quick release, and threw a good deep ball. Tebow has a slow release and cannot throw the deep ball well.

I disagree. I think he throws a nice deep ball.

I read a piece on the National Football Post wrote by a agent about the dangers of the mock draft...it was a good read.

I still love that Crabtree was holding out due to where mocks placed him.

I don't think Graham will be there either. Just shocked I've seen a couple where they have him there still. I figure he's a lock for the middle of the first round.

I don't have injury concerns about Best. I was just pointing out that is a knock he has on him and how, like you said too, it can change when they're a pro. I'd rather have Best over McCluster.

Yeah. The problem is that Best has had injuries and now a major concussion. I don't think Peterson had a concussion issue in college. I really like Best and think he could be a good pick at #34 depending on who's there. Based on Cruzer's mock and where everyone went, I'd agree that Best should be the pick. Concussions just really scare me for a running back....

AD had/has injury problems b/c of the way he runs. He is a violent runner. Best is a scat/speed guy with injury problems. I don't know how McCluster isn't rated higher than Best. He had a few games of 30 carries in the SEC. Not saying that is the type of runner he would be in the NFL but durability is not a question mark and defintiely no concussion problems. I think you get the big play, more versatile player with less problems. If not RB in the 2nd then go O-line or why not Price from UCLA?

AD had/has injury problems b/c of the way he runs. He is a violent runner. Best is a scat/speed guy with injury problems. I don't know how McCluster isn't rated higher than Best. He had a few games of 30 carries in the SEC. Not saying that is the type of runner he would be in the NFL but durability is not a question mark and defintiely no concussion problems. I think you get the big play, more versatile player with less problems. If not RB in the 2nd then go O-line or why not Price from UCLA?

McCluster isn't a RB.

I don't know how McCluster isn't rated higher than Best. He had a few games of 30 carries in the SEC.

or why not Price from UCLA?

1. McCluster isnt rated higher then Best, because he doesnt have the size for tailback and cant block enough to be a third down back. He is a tweener between wide out and tail back but still will have value on a roster just not as a every down back. Best and McCluster each have value, depending on what you want. If you want a starter caliber back then Best is the best choice, in almost all opinions.

2. Price would be on my list for the 2nd round but only if we dont take Suh in the first. This is a deep enough draft where you should be able to get a first round talent early in the second. Defensive tackle is so deep in this draft with Suh, McCoy, Price, Odrick, Dan Williams and rising up Terrance Cody.

You should be able to get a first round talent at defensive tackle at the start of the second. But does that make you feel better about drafting Okung over Suh, since there is alot less depth this year at tackle? Its something to consider but I would still stick to whichever player is higher rated.

The argument I am hearing here on McCluster is that he is not much of a blocker and a

3rd down type back that can/will play the slot. Sounds a lot like Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush type. If that is the argument then I say take him. He is a matchup problem with big play talent. I just like what he brings to the table. Either way I still like Gerhart more. Where is he projected? A 230 pound white kid bull dozer from stanford that runs mid 4.5 can't come around that often.

The argument I am hearing here on McCluster is that he is not much of a blocker and a

3rd down type back that can/will play the slot. Sounds a lot like Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush type. If that is the argument then I say take him. He is a matchup problem with big play talent. I just like what he brings to the table. Either way I still like Gerhart more. Where is he projected? A 230 pound white kid bull dozer from stanford that runs mid 4.5 can't come around that often.

Except Percy Harvin is a WR, he doesnt pretend to be a rb.

Price isn't falling to the 2nd round. The reason Best is ahead of McCluster is because Best is much faster. Didnt McCluster run a horrible 40 at the combine?

Except Percy Harvin is a WR, he doesnt pretend to be a rb.

McCluster had 44 catches for 520 yards this past season. Harvin his last year at Florida had 40 catches for 660. Not bad for a guy pretending. I'm just saying it can be done. The guy is a bonafide playmaker. It would be nice to have more than one on this team.

Price isn't falling to the 2nd round. The reason Best is ahead of McCluster is because Best is much faster. Didnt McCluster run a horrible 40 at the combine?

ran 4.58. Not good but to not draft a guy that when on film in the SEC borderline dominated on an average team is Matt Millen logic. I'll take 4.58 guy that is a football player over at 4.38 injury prone guy that looked great at times and VERY average at times.

McCluster had 44 catches for 520 yards this past season. Harvin his last year at Florida had 40 catches for 660. Not bad for a guy pretending. I'm just saying it can be done. The guy is a bonafide playmaker. It would be nice to have more than one on this team.

I was talking about you putting Harvin and Bush in the same sentence.

ran 4.58. Not good but to not draft a guy that when on film in the SEC borderline dominated on an average team is Matt Millen logic. I'll take 4.58 guy that is a football player over at 4.38 injury prone guy that looked great at times and VERY average at times.

I believe Glen Coffee was the first running back selected out of the southeast conf last year and he had a very poor season. Don't let conferences sway your decision that much.

And the year before that, Darren Mcfadden. I still think Mcfadden can be good, but not great.

Edited by goldenbeast

Bored at work....

1) Suh, DT

2) Saffold, OT/OG

3) Ghee, CB

4) Hardesty, RB

5) Warren, CB

7) Brown, WR

Bored at work....

1) Suh, DT

2) Saffold, OT/OG

3) Ghee, CB

4) Hardesty, RB

5) Warren, CB

7) Brown, WR

No Saffold, please. He was a 3rd-4th round pick before the off-season, which tells me the tape isn't good. There's more to being a good NFL prospect than a good East-West Shrine Game and impressive Combine performance.

Bored at work....

1) Suh, DT

2) Saffold, OT/OG

3) Ghee, CB

4) Hardesty, RB

5) Warren, CB

7) Brown, WR

Warren isn't draftable due to his speed/lack thereof. I like Brown quite a bit, and think he'll go in the 4th or so. The Lions are interested in Blair White of MSU and FB John Conner (Terminator) from Kentucky, so I think they'll pop one or both of them. They also had TE Ed Dickson in for a visit, and he's a good player, maybe a fourth rounder. I think the RB's will be taken earlier, so the fourth is a little low for Hardesty. He's really good. I also really like Saffold there, I think he would start immediately as a LG.

No Saffold, please. He was a 3rd-4th round pick before the off-season, which tells me the tape isn't good. There's more to being a good NFL prospect than a good East-West Shrine Game and impressive Combine performance.

His tape wasn't bad at all. He handled Brandon Graham quite nicely, actually. Indiana moved the ball on UM at will, especially on the ground, and against UM's right side.

His tape wasn't bad at all. He handled Brandon Graham quite nicely, actually. Indiana moved the ball on UM at will, especially on the ground, and against UM's right side.

They rushed for about 750 yards that game didn't they cruzer..

They rushed for about 750 yards that game didn't they cruzer..

They're still running.

Warren isn't draftable due to his speed/lack thereof. I like Brown quite a bit, and think he'll go in the 4th or so. The Lions are interested in Blair White of MSU and FB John Conner (Terminator) from Kentucky, so I think they'll pop one or both of them. They also had TE Ed Dickson in for a visit, and he's a good player, maybe a fourth rounder. I think the RB's will be taken earlier, so the fourth is a little low for Hardesty. He's really good. I also really like Saffold there, I think he would start immediately as a LG.

I would take a chance on Warren late in the draft. I think a lot of the concern about his speed is because he ran when he was hurt.

It's funny how far his stock has fallen. He's gone from a borderline 1st/2nd round pick to the bottom of the draft. I would take a 5* kid who had a good career at a big school (not great, but good) in the 5th round. Hell, if Derek Williams can go in the 3rd, then Warren can go in the 5th.

I thought about Gerhart in the 3rd or Best in the 2nd, but I thought the Lions really need to take someone at CB and all the best ones will likely be gone by the top of the second round.

I would take a chance on Warren late in the draft. I think a lot of the concern about his speed is because he ran when he was hurt.

It's funny how far his stock has fallen. He's gone from a borderline 1st/2nd round pick to the bottom of the draft. I would take a 5* kid who had a good career at a big school (not great, but good) in the 5th round. Hell, if Derek Williams can go in the 3rd, then Warren can go in the 5th.

I thought about Gerhart in the 3rd or Best in the 2nd, but I thought the Lions really need to take someone at CB and all the best ones will likely be gone by the top of the second round.

Warren doesn't fit what the Lions want to do. The Lions want to play press, man coverage. He's more of a zone guy. Ghee is a better fit, although Kyle Wilson is nails-dead perfect.

I think Williams was a 5* and ranked number 1 in the nation coming out of high school :D. I have a feeling Gerhart won't last till the 3rd. That's also what I've been hearing. The Eagles or somebody later in the 2nd would probably jump at that chance. I have no problems drafting a slower CB as long as he's quick and diagnoses fast. The best CB in the NFL, Revis,(edit) isn't really fast. But if you do have slower CBs its nice to have fast safties :D. I think the Lions have a 75% chance of trading the 2nd and moving down to acquire more picks. Just my thoughts.

Edited by goldenbeast

Revis ran at least a 4.4, if not better.

At his pro day. What player hasn't run faster at his pro day then he did at the combine? There was a reason he didn't run at the combine.

At his pro day. What player hasn't run faster at his pro day then he did at the combine? There was a reason he didn't run at the combine.

Ironically, Donovan Warren.