Sign in to follow this  
hueytaxi

Oh, this looks so wrong.

Or maybe the New London County Tigers. That's a mouthful, but it has more a small-time feel that seems appropriate for the NY-Penn League.

Well, aside from Fairfield County, I don't think anyone even knows anything about counties in Connecticut, so I wouldn't think they'd go with that one. I think the state name is fine, especially considering that being in the NY Penn League, the conflict of having a team with the Connecticut name while New Britain played within Connecticut in the same league is gone.

Should have called them the Norwich Tigers rather than enveloping the entire state a la Marlins.Reminds me of Twain's book,"A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court".

No, it looks so right!

How did I not hear about this until just now?! This is wonderful! I'll have a Tigers affiliate just about a half hour away from UConn. It's time to expand the Tigers fan base in the Nutmeg State so that sbcaptain and I won't be the only ones.

I see quite a few olde English D's around New Haven. Not sure how many of them will make the pilgrammage to Norwich to see the new crop of draft-picks in June, but I will!