Deleterious

Pistons Sale

I wouldn't dismiss the idea that PS&E is worth more as separate entities that as one. We're in unique times.

My scenario is Ilitch buys the PS&E, minus the Pistons, a buyer purchases the Pistons, builds an arena in Detroit, and Ilitch then leases it for his hockey team.

I also wouldn't rule out someone else buying all of PS&E and Ilitch builds his hockey arena and we still have two teams in two arenas. That's more wishful thinking, hoping he builds Olympia II. His dream's been to have a downtown empire. I'm not sure he's willing to risk dying with his Wings playing in Oakland County.

Detroit has supported the Pistons pretty well too. they always do very well in attendance regardless of how well the team is doing.

Ehh.... I'm not sure on that. From 1999-2001 they had 11 sellouts. 11. In 95/96 they had 25 sellouts.

I wouldn't dismiss the idea that PS&E is worth more as separate entities that as one. We're in unique times.

My scenario is Ilitch buys the PS&E, minus the Pistons, a buyer purchases the Pistons, builds an arena in Detroit, and Ilitch then leases it for his hockey team.

I also wouldn't rule out someone else buying all of PS&E and Ilitch builds his hockey arena and we still have two teams in two arenas. That's more wishful thinking, hoping he builds Olympia II. His dream's been to have a downtown empire. I'm not sure he's willing to risk dying with his Wings playing in Oakland County.

I would dismiss it..I think anyone with a command of finances would dismiss it.

How about a command of grammar and typing? You don't need two periods between sentences.

How about a command of grammar and typing? You don't need two periods between sentences.

yeah.......the grammar police, when you have no real facts to add, go to the grammar police. It's similar to complaining to the umpire about the strike zone after you get rung up on a called third as you partially check your swing.

Enjoy the day Brandon.

...So any of you think there's a legitimate chance the Pistons are moved to Vegas?? (Please don't reply if you consider this an opportunity for an insult...)

yeah.......the grammar police, when you have no real facts to add, go to the grammar police. It's similar to complaining to the umpire about the strike zone after you get rung up on a called third as you partially check your swing.

Enjoy the day Brandon.

(YAAAAWWWWWNNNN!)

Old Bit Siren.

Your facts are as reliable as Carlos Guillen staying in the lineup.

...So any of you think there's a legitimate chance the Pistons are moved to Vegas?? (Please don't reply if you consider this an opportunity for an insult...)

I think anything and everything is possible and negotiable in today's environment.

Billy Hunter tells the players to prepare for a lockout. Stern claims the league lost over $300 million. Players call B.S. The league could be facing a lockout. Doesn't matter what Forbes said 3 years ago about the value of the team.

While we all pretend to have a clue, none of us really do. We won't until a buy is named and then we can speculate with a little more authority. Obviously a new owner living out of the state increases the chances a great deal.

I would say there is a chance. It's a damn shame too. I don't think any of this is what Bill Davidson had in mind for either the Pistons or the area.

(YAAAAWWWWWNNNN!)

Old Bit Siren.

Your facts are as reliable as Carlos Guillen staying in the lineup.

Which is still greater than zero facts.

When LeBron James left Cleveland it really did strike me. It's over for teams in Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Minneapolis.

Face it, the greatest players in the NBA want to play in either warm weather places or glamour places and the upper midwest (excluding Chicago) doesn't foot the bill anymore.

I'd rather not have a team than have a perpetual Pittsburgh Pirates of the NBA. Saw a guy with a Pirates hat on in downtown Ann Arbor the other night and I asked him how he could still be a fan and he said he clings to the late 70's and early 90's teams, but has no hope for them ever being a contender again. That's where I see the Pistons being in 20 years.

Anderson said on WXYT that he's heard a rumor out of Vegas that it is the Pistons. that's all he said about it, for what it's worth.

Anna Nicole Davidson

When LeBron James left Cleveland it really did strike me. It's over for teams in Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Minneapolis.

Face it, the greatest players in the NBA want to play in either warm weather places or glamour places and the upper midwest (excluding Chicago) doesn't foot the bill anymore.

I'd rather not have a team than have a perpetual Pittsburgh Pirates of the NBA. Saw a guy with a Pirates hat on in downtown Ann Arbor the other night and I asked him how he could still be a fan and he said he clings to the late 70's and early 90's teams, but has no hope for them ever being a contender again. That's where I see the Pistons being in 20 years.

I don't agree with this at all. Yes those teams will have issues attracting big time free agents, but thats about the extent of their problems. They can still build via trades and the draft.

Also, money isn't a factor in keeping their own big time free agents. James could make a max of $17 million next year no matter where he went. Thats to the biggest market team like the Knicks, or the smallest market teams like the Kings or Thunder. You cant have a team like the Yankees outbidding everyone for players in the NBA. Plus the NBA has incentives to stay with your current team. You can get an extra year on your contract and bigger raises per year.

Anderson said on WXYT that he's heard a rumor out of Vegas that it is the Pistons. that's all he said about it, for what it's worth.

Anna Nicole Davidson

Is her last name even Davidson anymore, or did she sell that too?

She didn't even let the body get cold before she started auctioning off assets.

Is her last name even Davidson anymore, or did she sell that too?

She didn't even let the body get cold before she started auctioning off assets.

Wouldn't shock me if she wanted to sell to anyone, however, based upon the way Mr. D set up the trustee aspect of her inheritance and the legal entanglements, both with the estate and the NBA..the chances of the team moving are pretty small.

In the end, the league isn't going to be an easy roadblock to overcome. Don't people understand that the Maloofs would have moved Sacremento to Vegas, years ago if they could have..their lease was expiing and Sacramento is a cow town, with a terrible TV market..

Sacramento Kings say no, they are not the mystery team - Sacramento Sports - Kings, 49ers, Raiders, High School Sports | Sacramento Bee

"The Maloofs have absolutely nothing to do with that proposal," spokeswoman Donna Lucas said. "They didn't even know about it. They are not selling the team. They are not moving the team."

Read more: Sacramento Kings say no, they are not the mystery team - Sacramento Sports - Kings, 49ers, Raiders, High School Sports | Sacramento Bee

Seriously..does anyone think the Maloofs would sell the Kings and allow some other entitiy to move them to Vegas...

apparantly. But obviously those people are utter morons and should be sterilized.

Well, it wont be Golden State. They were just sold for $450 million to Joe Jacob and Peter Guber.

By Don..it's time to get a sober, coherent coach..

NBA denies team is 'under contract' for possible Vegas move | detnews.com | The Detroit News

NBA denies team is 'under contract' for possible Vegas move

Vincent Goodwill / The Detroit News

The NBA refutes a report that suggests one of the league's teams is "under contract" to move to Las Vegas if an arena is built on the city's famous Strip.

NBA senior vice president of basketball communications Tim Frank told The Detroit News that the league categorically denies that there is a team under contract.

Chris Milam, CEO of International Development Management LLC, told the Las Vegas Sun his group has a team "under contract" to relocate if "other pieces of the puzzle fall into place. One of those pieces will be that a building (arena) is approved."

Last month, Pistons owner Karen Davidson said she would find a buyer before the beginning of the 2010-11 season, but that her preference was to sell to local ownership.

Although a number of NBA teams are for sale, the Pistons were the only one mentioned in the Las Vegas Sun story.

In recent years, the NBA has seemed less averse to a partnership with Las Vegas, even with the league's concerns about gambling. The 2007 NBA All-Star Game was in Las Vegas, and commissioner David Stern was pleased with the results.

Wouldn't shock me if the investment group floated the story to put pressure on Vegas to build the arena.