Deleterious

Pistons Sale

Please...for the love of God...change your tampons and take a break on this one, kids...

Please...for the love of God...change your tampons and take a break on this one, kids...

I hate to keep playing internet cop but the tampon joke is not appropriate.

Relevant? I've been asking you to elaborate on something YOU posted for several posts now and you simply refuse to do so. Here's sportz4life next post

<something trying to be witty> multiple periods go here <you're not as smart as I, post something smart> more unneccesary periods here. <finish with something random>

Cecil, in all honesty you're better off just dropping it. Sportz will continue to evade and dodge any and all questions or points you make simply because he doesn't have an answer. Don't let it get to you, the pseudo-intellectual facade Sportz portrays has (seemingly, or at the very least in my opinion) been well documented and accepted. According to Sportz nothing you bring to the forum is worthwhile or provides any value, and whenever you have a dissenting opinion it's wrong, period. Good luck regardless.

Edit: Just wait until he starts calling you "son" or "kid" in an attempt to feign some sort of superiority over you, that's when things really get fun. :grin:

Edited by EchO

I'm just seeing this stuff for the first time. Cecil and Sportz, why don't you just ignore each other? The path you two could take here can't lead to anything positive. It can only lead to negative actions.

NBA team ‘under contract’ if Las Vegas builds an arena - Wednesday, July 14, 2010 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

NBA team ‘under contract’ if Las Vegas builds an arena

An investment group seeking to build an arena on the Las Vegas Strip claims it is on the cusp of purchasing an NBA team to play in the facility.

For the deal to go through, said Chris Milam, CEO of International Development Management LLC, the group must strike a deal with the county to fund construction of the arena — dubbed the Silver State Arena — slated for the old Wet ’n Wild water park site.

“We have an NBA team under contract,” Milam said, declining to name the franchise. But the deal will take effect only if “other pieces of the puzzle fall into place: One of those pieces will be that a building (arena) is approved,” he said.

Highly doubt its the Pistons. But until they are sold, you never know.

I hate to keep playing internet cop but the tampon joke is not appropriate.

Yeah..probably not..sorry.

I'm straining to understand the logic behind the % of ticketholders in Oakland county driving the geography of a new arena. Illitch holdings has a ton of interests active in downtown Detroit. If it's already shown that people don't mind traveling from Oakland County into Detroit to watch hockey...why would the Wings to move the team away from the rest of Illitch's current entertainment holdings? It would gut the area of a HUGE draw...

Highly doubt its the Pistons. But until they are sold, you never know.

It's a pretty short list of teams that it could be and the Pistons are definitely on it. Honestly, how many other teams are for sale?

I don't see Stern signing off on any deal that moves the Pistons out of Detroit.

Fans in Seattle felt the same way.

Not only will Stern absolutely sign off if no local options emerge, he may even try to help the process along.

The more time passes the more I feel the Piston era as I knew it is over, and the future of the franchise is in peril as it relates to staying in Detroit. I think there is a good chance the Pistons will move out of this area, as the grass seems to be greener on several other pastures.

Now I think about it, has Stern ever stepped in to keep a franchise from moving?

He's actually been a driving force in removing teams from Charlotte, Vancouver, and Seattle.

A few days ago:

David Stern: NBA hopes Pistons don't move | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

“We like to stay where we are, but if you judge us by our past we haven’t been entirely successful,” Stern said. “But our first choice is always to have the team sold to somebody that will keep it in the market.”

more than enough wiggle room....

I sure wish we had somebody on the board who knew everything about everybody and was never wrong and could give the expert insight on what's going on behind the scenes at the very highest levels of Detroit sports.

It's a pretty short list of teams that it could be and the Pistons are definitely on it. Honestly, how many other teams are for sale?

Fans in Seattle felt the same way.

Not only will Stern absolutely sign off if no local options emerge, he may even try to help the process along.

Never say never. But unlike Seattle, the Pistons have a great arena deal and make a ton of money. The Pistons might get sold, but there isnt an issue about building a new arena or signing a new lease like there was in Seattle.

yes, the region is in precipitous decline, but this year's tigers team demonstrates that the people will still support a team no matter how dire things seem.

I sure wish we had somebody on the board who knew everything about everybody and was never wrong and could give the expert insight on what's going on behind the scenes at the very highest levels of Detroit sports.

Love this post

I would expand that list to include any small market team and any team in financial trouble.

I just don't think the Pistons will be sold without the Palace. Anyone wanting to move the team wouldn't want to buy the Palace, so they seem like a bad target to me.

I just don't think the Pistons will be sold without the Palace. Anyone wanting to move the team wouldn't want to buy the Palace, so they seem like a bad target to me.

Everybody agrees this is the preferred option. What we don't know is what happens in the realistic scenario that nobody comes along with market offer for both the team and arena?

Does she take the team off the market and run it for the next few years even though she doesn't want to or does she entertain the option of breaking the deal up and selling the team and arena/concert venues separate? I know what the broker she hired to make the deal will be advising. These guys are in it for commissions, not retainers.

I don't think were close to determining if they are staying or going but until some real suitors emerge all options remain viable possibilities.

Everybody agrees this is the preferred option. What we don't know is what happens in the realistic scenario that nobody comes along with market offer for both the team and arena?

Does she take the team off the market and run it for the next few years even though she doesn't want to or does she entertain the option of breaking the deal up and selling the team and arena/concert venues separate? I know what the broker she hired to make the deal will be advising. These guys are in it for commissions, not retainers.

I don't think were close to determining if they are staying or going but until some real suitors emerge all options remain viable possibilities.

I don't recall saying it wasn't viable. I just said it wasn't likely.

Any possibility that the team is sold by itself, Ilitch buys Palace Sports and Entertainment, and the Red Wings move to the Palace?

Any possibility that the team is sold by itself, Ilitch buys Palace Sports and Entertainment, and the Red Wings move to the Palace?

Jesus, I hope not. That building sucks for hockey.

Jesus, I hope not. That building sucks for hockey.

Unfortunately I've never seen a hockey game at the Palace so I cannot comment with a proper frame of reference.

Do you speak from experience from the Detroit Viper days?

The Palace itself is a nice building but the location and surrounding area sucks. I live a few miles from the Detroit border and it takes me 90 minutes to get there. A 7 o clock Piston game means I have to leave around 5:30, drive through traffic, hope there's no accidents or anything, then deal with the worst parking lot in a developed country, hope I end up exiting at the right location or else I"m driving around farm land hoping Malachi doesn't jump out at me.... get home around 11:30.... all for a game that lasted 2 hours.

Unfortunately I've never seen a hockey game at the Palace so I cannot comment with a proper frame of reference.

Do you speak from experience from the Detroit Viper days?

Saw a dozen Viper games there as well as some collegiate hockey. Just not a fan of the sightlines. At all.

I think it's a real possibility. The NBA has made no secret about wanting an NBA franchise in Las Vegas. They would much rather want an established franchise with a successful past rather than an expansion franchise. Also, there are a lot of Michigan transplants in the southwest so the Pistons already would have a small fan base down there.

The Palace itself is a nice building but the location and surrounding area sucks. I live a few miles from the Detroit border and it takes me 90 minutes to get there. A 7 o clock Piston game means I have to leave around 5:30, drive through traffic, hope there's no accidents or anything, then deal with the worst parking lot in a developed country, hope I end up exiting at the right location or else I"m driving around farm land hoping Malachi doesn't jump out at me.... get home around 11:30.... all for a game that lasted 2 hours.

Not only that, half the time they block the Lapeer RD connector to 75 after games, so you have to go up to Joslyn Rd and back south, or go down Lapeer Rd. Most times, I have to go by the Silverdome and take Woodward home.

Local sports talk radio here in Vegas is speculating the teams are one of Detroit Pistons, New Orleans Hornets, Sacramento Kings, Memphis Grizzlies and the Indiana Pacers.