Deleterious

Pistons Sale

Where is the proof that Oakland County has the most Red Wing season ticket holders?

Besides, even if more people in Oakland County have season tickets, I don't think it matters. I live in Oakland county and it's shorter for me to go to Detroit than Auburn Hills. I prefer going to a game downtown vs. Aburn Hills. More to do before and after a game.

Edited by Cecil

Where is the proof that Oakland County has the most Red Wing season ticket holders?

In the Red Wing offices..

It's been written about.

in fact close to 60% of their season ticket holders are in Oakland county..maybe, just maybe it's where the money is..

In the Red Wing offices..

It's been written about.

in fact close to 60% of their season ticket holders are in Oakland county..maybe, just maybe it's where the money is..

So you work for the Red Wings front office or something? :confused:

Comerica was mostly privately financed, most of the public money went to infrastructure. Mike has a ton of assets downtown and grew up in the city, Denise his daughter is very connected to the city. I think they have every intention in keeping the Red Wings downtown if possible. It makes a lot of financial sense to buy the Red Wings and move everything north but Mike is an old man and IHC is doing things lately that have pretty pro-Detroit like refurbishing the United Artist Building, he might see a new downtown stadium as his legacy. And just because the Palace is in Oakland county doesn't make it easier for everyone in Oakland county to get to games. A 7p start is far easier for many in southern Oakland county to get downtown than it is to fight Palace pre-game traffic.

It's not just traffic wise, but Joe Louis is almost 10 miles closer than the Palace and I live in Oakland county.

It's not just traffic wise, but Joe Louis is almost 10 miles closer than the Palace and I live in Oakland county.

You live 2 miles from the Wayne County line..and so the eff what..this means what..

We are discussing fiscal reality..what's rrlevant about you living in HW..like you never drive to the Palace..whats your point ..

The suite revenue alone would significantly raise their profitablitly. How many suites at the Joe..they're are closer to the sun than they are to the ice.

Sterling Heights and Troy are hockey hotbeds..are they closer to the Palace or JLA..what does the premise have to do with anything..

Edited by sportz4life

You live 2 miles from the Wayne County line..and so the eff what..this means what..

We are discussing fiscal reality..what's rrlevant about you living in HW..like you never drive to the Palace..whats your point ..

The suite revenue alone would significantly raise their profitablitly. How many suites at the Joe..they're are closer to the sun than they are to the ice.

So what's your point then about most Red Wing season ticket holders living in Oakland county? :confused: If promiximity to the stadium is irrelevant, then why would it matter than if the Red Wings played downtown vs. Auburn Hills?

No one is going to say Joe Louis is a better building than the Palace so I'm not sure why you went there. When I talked about a new stadium downtown, you said the Red Wings had a majority of season ticket holders in Oakland county meaning they'll stay out in Oakland county.

So what's your point then about most Red Wing season ticket holders living in Oakland county? :confused: If promiximity to the stadium is irrelevant, then why would it matter than if the Red Wings played downtown vs. Auburn Hills?

No one is going to say Joe Louis is a better building than the Palace so I'm not sure why you went there. When I talked about a new stadium downtown, you said the Red Wings had a majority of season ticket holders in Oakland county meaning they'll stay out in Oakland county.

It's easy..you go where the money is ..this business premise is pretty simple to comprehend, either you have decided to argue with me because you like too..and your getting owned, because you have yet to offer an intelligent business oriented response..or your just not real bright..which one.

Maybe we can finish on this note..

You know, I think what you posted is incorrect, and so I disagree with it, but that's ok because we're all Tigers fans and that's all that matters.

It's easy..you go where the money is ..this business premise is pretty simple to comprehend, either you have decided to argue with me because you like too..and your getting owned, because you have yet to offer an intelligent business oriented response..or your just not real bright..which one.

Maybe we can finsih on this note..

You know, I think what you posted is incorrect, and so I disagree with it, but that's ok because we're all Tigers fans and that's all that matters.

LOL and there we have it, your classic response. Blah Blah Blah I'm right because I said so blah blah blah.

First, you say the Red Wings have more season ticket holders in Oakland county. You have nothing to validate this. Trying to act macho isn't going to work. You remind me of my 4 year old. She thinks if she just keeps talking louder she'll be right.

You have failed to explain why the Red Wings playing in Auburn Hills has anything to do with a majority of season ticket holders being in Oakland county. Yes I know about the suites and what the Palace offers vs. Joe Louis. No one is going to debate that, yet that is what you keep going to. Maybe I need to treat you like my 4 year old when she has a tantrum. Just let her cry it out and she'll be fine.

You brought up the fact that the Red Wings have a majority of season tickets holders in Oakland county. Explain why that would have any bearing on the team staying in Auburn Hills?

Speaking of being owned, why don't you read the Pistons draft thread. I saw some good ownage there.

LOL and there we have it, your classic response. Blah Blah Blah I'm right because I said so blah blah blah.

First, you say the Red Wings have more season ticket holders in Oakland county. You have nothing to validate this. Trying to act macho isn't going to work. You remind me of my 4 year old. She thinks if she just keeps talking louder she'll be right.

You have failed to explain why the Red Wings playing in Auburn Hills has anything to do with a majority of season ticket holders being in Oakland county. Yes I know about the suites and what the Palace offers vs. Joe Louis. No one is going to debate that, yet that is what you keep going to. Maybe I need to treat you like my 4 year old when she has a tantrum. Just let her cry it out and she'll be fine.

You brought up the fact that the Red Wings have a majority of season tickets holders in Oakland county. Explain why that would have any bearing on the team staying in Auburn Hills?

Speaking of being owned, why don't you read the Pistons draft thread. I saw some good ownage there.

CAPUTO: No logical buyer for Pistons - The Oakland Press (theoaklandpress.com)

yeah..lets talk some ownage..you were saying..strawman again comes up empty..

try and bring some value, facts and useful knowledge to the board once in a while..I can tell you have it in there somewhere, try starting a thread, doing some research, even a meager amount..

What do they say..all hat..no cattle

CAPUTO: No logical buyer for Pistons - The Oakland Press (theoaklandpress.com)

yeah..lets talk some ownage..you were saying..strawman again comes up empty..

try and bring some value, facts and useful knowledge to the board once in a while..I can tell you have it in there somewhere, try starting a thread, doing some research, even a meager amount..

What do they say..all hat..no cattle

All i asked was for you to validate the claim about the majority coming from Oakland county. Would it really have been that hard for you to post the article from the begining?

It still doesn't state how having season ticket holders in Oakland county makes the Palace a better option than a new arena in Detroit. The main point I was going at was getting a new stadium in Detroit vs. them playing at the Palace. Yet you insist on making this a Joe Louis vs. The Palace argument.

You know what, saying your so smart and insulting anyone else who disagrees does not make you better. If it helps stroke your over inflated ego then have at it. You were most likely the underachieving kid in school who got bullied now you have to over compensate on a message forum.

Yes the Red Wings can make more at The Palace. I have never denied that. In your egotistical battle, you have to make it into an argument so you can insult someone else and declare yourself a winner.

You still have yet to provide anything of value as to what bearing having a majority of Oakland county season ticket holders has. They have been going to Detroit for years to watch the Red Wings. Are you saying the Palace would receive a bigger draw than a new downtown stadium?

Just saying what you post is valuable doesn't make it so. You are not as smart as you think. Anyone who has to resort to insults to prove their point is not intelligent. if you were, you would've said xyz is the reason having season ticket holders in Oakland county is better for the Red Wings. Even when you are proved wrong, you still denied *cough* Manny Harris *cough*

Either you are not smart or your ego is too big. You pick.

I think they are looking to do a stadium downtown, but then again I am looking to marry Mila Kunis..neither is happening in the near future.

Detroit and Wayne county are far too broke to finance a stadium in this climate.

Ownership of the Palace would provide the Illitch orgaization with a ready made arena with beautiful suites and the ability to fill them a combinedr 82 nights a season..plus playoffs. In 5-10 years when things change, they can then consider moving both teams downtown.

Please more of the wonderful insight that Detroit is broke, and Illitch will have 82 games a year. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Your intelligence and perspective is amazing. Please tell me more. Who's the next Jamal Crawford?

Still waiting on some knowledge, a thread some facts..anything..you offered nothing..refuted nothng..you just bable and say nothing..you have a little personal agenda, which you have failed miserably to profer..whats the mystery..

It's all a waste if time, no exchange of ideas..knowledge..nothing..just the same strawman arguments repeated endlessly, which digress into flame wars when you cant back anything up..game threads, player evaluations, trade reasoning..doesn't matter, no numbers, facts, interesting insights or data..

Your new and it's already old.

Still waiting on some knowledge, a thread some facts..anything..you offered nothing..refuted nothng..you just bable and say nothing..you have a little personal agenda, which you have failed miserably to profer..whats the mystery..

It's all a waste if time, no exchange of ideas..knowledge..nothing..just the same strawman arguments repeated endlessly, which digress into flame wars when you cant back anything up..game threads, player evaluations, trade reasoning..doesn't matter, no numbers, facts, interesting insights or data..

Your new and it's already old.

The thing is, I agree with you on all your points about the Palace. I just want you to explain why having season ticket holders in Oakland county would benefit Auburn Hills vs Detroit.

How can I exchange anything with you? You just insult anything I say. I can i echange an idea with you when you take my idea, insult it, and don't provide your own?

If I knew your reasoning behind the ticket holder issue, I can exchange ideas with you, but all you do is insult. How am I suppose to respond?

Please more of the wonderful insight that Detroit is broke, and Illitch will have 82 games a year. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Your intelligence and perspective is amazing. Please tell me more. Who's the next Jamal Crawford?

That all you have..nothing new, original..insighful..it's been a 3 months..go out on a llimb..start a thread..tell us who is a buyer of the team..why can't they move downtown..offer us something of an opinion..

Like I keep repeating bring something of value to the board..you can do it..you seem so intent on proving me wrong..and all you have s a Manny Harris thread..

You can't even spar on topic..

That all you have..nothing new, original..insighful..it's been a 3 months..go out on a llimb..start a thread..tell us who is a buyer of the team..why can't they move downtown..offer us something of an opinion..

Like I keep repeating bring something of value to the board..you can do it..you seem so intent on proving me wrong..and all you have s a Manny Harris thread..

You can't even spar on topic..

Why can't you answer my question? Why? Seriously why? If I go out on a limb, you'll just insult my post.

I went and said that I feel having a majority of season ticket holders in Oakland county would have little impact on the Red Wings. You responded insulting my intelligence. How can I converse with you when you'll just respond with an insult? I agreed with you on all the other points. I don't know what you want from me. I agree with you that The Palace would make more money than Joe Louis. What do you want?

Quote from Caputo's link, above: "The Pistons already share half their season-ticket holders with the Red Wings. Of the fans attending games at The Palace, 70 percent are from Oakland County, according to sources. Attendance at the Red Wings’ games is at least 50 percent from Oakland County, according to those same sources.

Oh, wow. That's solid research. :paranoid:

Why can't you answer my question? Why? Seriously why? If I go out on a limb, you'll just insult my post.

I went and said that I feel having a majority of season ticket holders in Oakland county would have little impact on the Red Wings. You responded insulting my intelligence. How can I converse with you when you'll just respond with an insult? I agreed with you on all the other points. I don't know what you want from me. I agree with you that The Palace would make more money than Joe Louis. What do you want?

For you to lose your internet conection..either that..or post anything relevant.

Quote from Caputo's link, above: "The Pistons already share half their season-ticket holders with the Red Wings. Of the fans attending games at The Palace, 70 percent are from Oakland County, according to sources. Attendance at the Red Wings’ games is at least 50 percent from Oakland County, according to those same sources.

Oh, wow. That's solid research. :paranoid:

If it's not public information, Caputo would not likely quote figures without some genaralized corroboration from team sources..if it was inaccurate, don't you think they would have refuted it.

For you to lose your internet conection..either that..or post anything relevant.

That's not necessary. Posters don't have to pass a "does this meet sports4life's relevancy test".

That's not necessary. Posters don't have to pass a "does this meet sports4life's relevancy test".

I would have never passed my own test

Relevant? I've been asking you to elaborate on something YOU posted for several posts now and you simply refuse to do so. Here's sportz4life next post

<something trying to be witty> multiple periods go here <you're not as smart as I, post something smart> more unneccesary periods here. <finish with something random>

Relevant? I've been asking you to elaborate on something YOU posted for several posts now and you simply refuse to do so. Here's sportz4life next post

<something trying to be witty> multiple periods go here <you're not as smart as I, post something smart> more unneccesary periods here. <finish with something random>

you seem upset, not insightful, no new information on the topic.

You know what they say about imitation..