4. Denard Robinson : QB

5. Darryl Stonum : KR/WR

THE OFFENSE .. POSSIBLE STARTERS IN BOLD

Quarterback: Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson

Running Back: Vincent Smith, Michael Shaw and Fitzgerald Toussaint

Wide Receiver: Junior Hemingway, Darryl Stonum, Je‘Ron Stokes, Ricardo Miller

Slot Receiver: Roy Roundtree, Martavious Odoms, Terrance Robinson

Tight End: Kevin Koger and Brandon Moore

Offensive Line: Steven Schilling, David Molk, Mark Huyge, Perry Dorrestein, Patrick Omameh, Ricky Barnum, Taylor Lewan, Quinton Washington, Elliot Mealer, and Michael Schofield

Special Teams: KR - Stonum, PR - Dorsey

THE DEFENSE .. POSSIBLE STARTERS IN BOLD

Defensive Line: Mike Martin, Ryan Van Bergen, Craig Roh, Renaldo Sagesse, Adam Patterson, and TRUE SOPHOMORE Will Campbell

Linebackers: Jonus Mouton, J.B. Fitzgerald, Kenny Demens, Obi Ezeh, and Josh Furman

Secondary: Troy Woolfolk, Vladimir Emilien, Demar Dorsey, Marvin Robinson, Carvin Johnson, Cullen Christian, Jordan Kovacs, and Thomas Gordon

Kickers/Punters: K Brendan Gibbons and P Will Hagerup

Edited by JonBenke

OK, riddle me this on Obi.....and I don't pretend to be an expert just posing the question. He finished his first season as an honorable mention All-Big Ten Conference selection. And he got on the midseason Butkus Award watchlist. Then he got thrown on the bench. What's up with all that????

Obi Ezeh is a great tackler, which is a stat .. too bad he lets you have 6/10 yards before he brings you down. That's my problem with him.

I still think Hopson was a bad LB coach. The entire LB unit regressed and/or underperformed in my opinion. I guess Robinson is taking over the LB coaching duties and RR will hire a DB coach. Robinson coached DB's last year.

If next season is anything like this thread, we're looking at another losing record.

Will Campbell is not a redshift freshman and mouton sucks.

Yeah, I just checked that .. my bad on Campbell, and I don't think Mouton is all that bad, hopefully a better coach can get a decent season out of him.

EDIT: I didn't know it was that big of a deal to **** something up, my bad.

Edited by JonBenke

Come on, benke... Put your post back up... Aside from the glaring factual error, it was very nice...

::silky::

Come on, benke... Put your post back up... Aside from the glaring factual error, it was very nice.

I am taking a bunch out, fixing a few mistakes...

Don't forget Jerald Robinson!

Rich Rodriguez said they might move him to defense, which makes sense, given the depth at WR, and their obvious need on defense.

Did he say that in the presser? I listened to that but missed it if he did

Very interesting. I heard someone, maybe Sam Webb, speculating that J Rob was the best WR in this class

That first game is going to be tough. UConn will be a serious contender for the Big East title next season. I was a Michigan fan before I went to UConn. I don't consider myself a U of M fan anymore, but I still root for them. I hope they have a good season...but I'm also hoping they suffer a loss in week one :)

Did he say that in the presser? I listened to that but missed it if he did.

I'll watch it over again, only watched it the one time, not counting the Dorsey stuff, though I will recheck that, though I am pretty sure he said something of the effects of, we're going to try him over on defense, cause we could really use him. I know he was a decent safety prosect, he just committed so early, most people have only heard of him as a WR. I will check it out though... It makes sense to move him though, like I said, given the depth at WR and the need on defense.

Edited by JonBenke

Does anyone expect Vlad Emilien to contribute this season? I know he was injured his senior season of HS but he was still solid pickup I thought, but now I never even hear his name mentioned.. anyone know what the deal is?

I still think Hopson was a bad LB coach. The entire LB unit regressed and/or underperformed in my opinion. I guess Robinson is taking over the LB coaching duties and RR will hire a DB coach. Robinson coached DB's last year.

I think this can be the only reasonable explanation for the poor LB play.

Mouton and Ezeh are the same guy, decent athletic tacklers who are absolutely hopeless at reading plays or covering anyone in the passing game

With Gardner registering early, it's going to be very interesting for me to watch the QB battle this year. Will Forcier step up & be the guy, or will Robinson pass him up? Who's the odd man out? Will RRod at least consider moving Denard to a different position?