CapitalTigers

Damon Wants to be a Detroit Tiger

Vermont is awesome in the summer and fall.

Snowshoeing and crosscountry skiing in the winter, flyfishing all spring and summer, and birdhunting in the fall, with a very low population density? Sounds like a little slice of heaven in the hell that is the East Coast.

Snowshoeing and crosscountry skiing in the winter, flyfishing all spring and summer, and birdhunting in the fall, with a very low population density? Sounds like a little slice of heaven in the hell that is the East Coast.

I have been in VT in spring --- the blackflies were unbelievable --- and the are bad in the Adirondacks

There are actually a lot of nice places on the east coast. Most of New England is nice except for a few pockets of high population high traffic areas. I'm not much of a city person but as far as cities go, Boston is a nice one. The only really bad part about living up here is that winter lasts too long.

New Hampshire can't be beat.

I would love to see them sign Damon. Five competent players for four positions is a good thing. There will be injuries and slumps. I'm not worried about finding everyone a place to play.

On Fox 2 tonight that Armanti? guy said several national news outlets are reporting late tonight that the Tigers and Damon are close. I've done some research and can't find squat - any word?

I would love to see them sign Damon. Five competent players for four positions is a good thing. There will be injuries and slumps. I'm not worried about finding everyone a place to play.

Between LF/CF/RF/DH there will be 135 games available for either 5 or 6 players to divide..

I am assuming that

Jackson 132 games (30)

Ordonez 127 games (35)

Raburn 127 games (35)

Guillen 127 games (35)

Either Damon or Thomas or a combination of both will divide these AB's.

Agreed..

If Mr. I wants Damon he will get him. Sometimes the gut overrules the head and this is the kind of thing where Mr. I's guts could tell him to do this regardless of what Dave's head says to do.

I agree with those who say there will be plenty of at bats to go around if Damon comes to the Tigers. Thinking that they don't need another outfielder/DH is like thinking they don't need another starting pitcher because he'll take innings away from Bonderman and Robertson. I just have a feeling they are more concerned about the health of Sizemore/ Inge than they are letting on and will add another infielder for insurance.

I agree they need another outfielder. My problem is that Jim Leyland is the Tigers manager. Ryan Raburn will sit on the bench so Johnny Damon, Austin Jackson, and Carlos Guillen can all play every day.

That is not a good move.

I agree with those who say there will be plenty of at bats to go around if Damon comes to the Tigers. Thinking that they don't need another outfielder/DH is like thinking they don't need another starting pitcher because he'll take innings away from Bonderman and Robertson. I just have a feeling they are more concerned about the health of Sizemore/ Inge than they are letting on and will add another infielder for insurance.

Maybe a Casey Blake kind of guy

If they structure Damon's contract correctly they can easliy do both, Kennedy will not cost much. I agree he is every bit as important as Damon especially early in the year, Inge and Sizemore are defintie injury concerns.

Edited by sportz4life

If they structure Damon's contract correctly they can easliy do both, Kennedy will not cost much. I agree he is every bit as important as Damon especially early in the year, Inge and Sizemore are defintie injury concerns.

I'd rather have Felipe Lopez than Kennedy. Switch hitting lead off man who can play 2b/ss/3b.

Imo...yes the guy isn't getting any older, but hey he has to world series rings within the last decade...that outta say something.

I say let's try him...if nothing else, at least we went to get one of the "big dogs"

It doesn't say anything. That's one of the dumbest things I've read on this board, and I've read a lot of things.

I don't know Vermont, but I would pay big money to live in Maine, loved it there.

If signing Damon takes away at-bats from Ordonez (which it won't), man that would save the Tigers some serious dough!

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Off-Topic...

Shelton, shouldn't your "Location" be "Null & Void"? Or "Nullification"?

Or are you simply happy with null?

Too dull.

Liven up buddy!!! (I better put a wink in here so my intent is not misread... :wink:)

Oh... PS: I agree with what you said above with 5 players for 4 positions... just let it work itself out.

Edited by 84 Lives!!!

I'd rather have Felipe Lopez than Kennedy. Switch hitting lead off man who can play 2b/ss/3b.

Is Lopez a FA, or do we have to trade for him?

If Mr. I wants Damon he will get him. Sometimes the gut overrules the head and this is the kind of thing where Mr. I's guts could tell him to do this regardless of what Dave's head says to do.

Hence the Boras statement. He's not aiming the comments at Dombrowski, he's aiming them at Illitch. And knowing Illitch, it has a good chance of working.

I think Boras was misquoted...he actually said Damon would make the Tigers a weiner if they signed him.

I live in Burlington. It's fantastic here! Really check out Stowe and Waterbury for some great skiing. The people here remind me a lot of the midwest.

Is Lopez a FA, or do we have to trade for him?

FA.

He'd cost less than Damon and fill an area of need with a better glove.

The problem with Lopez is that he doesn't really address their need for a left-handed hitter. He's a switch hitter but both Damon and Kennedy have better stats versus RHP over their careers.