Deleterious

2010 NBA Draft

This is the first I have heard about Monroe having absolutely no range on his jumper. True, shooting 3's was not his game, but he did make 9 of them at a 30% clip. His form is better than a lot of guys his size and it looks natural. I think he will be alright.

Ford says "Can score from anywhere, good jumper". Draft express "he is incosistent" but only says "he lacks great range". I think he'll be fine to start at 15-20 and can develop a 3 point shot if we want him to. That's just an assumption based on his form, which looks pretty good compared to some of his other peers in this class.

DraftExpressProfile: Greg Monroe, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

Monroe took the third most jump shots of any player in our sample (1.5 Shots/G), but made just less than 25% of them.

Greg Monroe | NBADraft.net

Jump shot consistency is a concern ... Has an extremely high arch on his shot ... Incorporation of a mid-range jumper would be beneficial to his growth ...

This is from DBB. Click the link to see his positives:

The Hope for Greg Monroe - Detroit Bad Boys

Always the pessimist, I find it important to get the negatives out of the way first. This is what Greg Monroe will likely never be: a respected defender, a shot blocker, an offensive rebounder, a solid ball-handler or a sure-thing shooter. Save for the shooting, these are all terribly important needs in a center, and while Monroe may have the size to body up on many NBA centers, his questionable post and man-to-man defense could present a problem for the Pistons on the defensive end. There's no reason he can't improve on that side of the court, but the body of work he has established suggests that we will see a step back in how our team defends not only centers, but driving guards and slashing forwards.

The things I highlighted are pretty much the first things I look for in a big man. I guess maybe that is why I am cooling on him a bit.

My PF and C should defend, rebound, and control the paint. I just don't see Monroe being that type of player. The passing is cute, but not when you figure in the massive amounts of turnovers. Toss in the claims of no passion or intensity and I start fearing we have another CV on our hands.

I am more interested in his form than his stats at this point. He shoots comfortably enough. The high arch is a much bigger concern than hitting 25% of 1.5 shots per game in college. The college game is compressed, it will be intersting to see how he shoots next year in a pro offense. Now if we can just get Keu to develop a pro offense......

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big Ten get 7 or 8 drafted next year. I hear Robbie Hummell already has a gurantee from Larry Bird.

I could see these guys:

Sullinger

Lucas

Summers

Hummell

JaJaun

McCamey

Lighty

E-twaun

Leur

Battle

(the white dude from NW not named Coble)

have a shot at being drafted. Other than Sullinger and Lucas, they are probably all 2nd rd garbage, but then again, this years 2nd rd is all garbage too.

Freshmen dominate 2011 NBA mock draft - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

Fox Sports has an early (WAY EARLY) mock up and has 8 going

Sullinger 3rd overall, Summers 9th overall, Buford 33rd, Johnson 43rd, Lucas 45th, Hummel 47th, McCamey 50th and Leuer 55th.

Funny how a guy who just transfered from JuCo to play at FSU who hasnt played a d1 game yet and has a sketchy past is projected to go between a pair of first team all big ten players in Hummel and Lucas.

This is from DBB. Click the link to see his positives:

The Hope for Greg Monroe - Detroit Bad Boys

The things I highlighted are pretty much the first things I look for in a big man. I guess maybe that is why I am cooling on him a bit.

My PF and C should defend, rebound, and control the paint. I just don't see Monroe being that type of player. The passing is cute, but not when you figure in the massive amounts of turnovers. Toss in the claims of no passion or intensity and I start fearing we have another CV on our hands.

If the Pistons had drafted aminu and the clippers drafted monroe, you and sportz would be telling us how Dumars was an idiot for passing up the best available talent. instead, we draft Monroe and all we hear about is how much he sucks.

I mean really. Is it POSSIBLE for you to like ANYONE on the team? You don't have to kiss Dumars' *** as some genius or completely overrate every player on the roster, but damn!

If the Pistons had drafted aminu and the clippers drafted monroe, you and sportz would be telling us how Dumars was an idiot for passing up the best available talent. instead, we draft Monroe and all we hear about is how much he sucks.

I mean really. Is it POSSIBLE for you to like ANYONE on the team? You don't have to kiss Dumars' *** as some genius or completely overrate every player on the roster, but damn!

Reading comprehension is vital. I said from the start Monroe is the guy I would have picked.

Reading comprehension is vital. I said from the start Monroe is the guy I would have picked.

I comprehend everything you write, don't flatter yourself.

I also understand that you wanted him, then proceeded to spend the last week ripping him.

I comprehend everything you write, don't flatter yourself.

I also understand that you wanted him, then proceeded to spend the last week ripping him.

Expressing concerns is ripping him?

Expressing concerns is ripping him?

IMO, that's a rip.

Call it what you want. if you want to play semantics, so be it.

IMO, that's a rip.

Call it what you want. if you want to play semantics, so be it.

OK, its a rip. So?

Well at least my reading comprehension has been validated.

It just gets old with you. I found it much easier to just let things go.

It just gets old with you. I found it much easier to just let things go.

congratulations on your discovery of self-actualization!

If you've found it so easy to let things go, then why are you nothing but critical and negative about the Pistons? why can't you just let it go, Mr. Dalai Lama?:cheeky:

If you've found it so easy to let things go, then why are you nothing but critical and negative about the Pistons? why can't you just let it go, Mr. Dalai Lama?:cheeky:

From now on I will only be positive about the Pistons.

From now on I will only be positive about the Pistons.

every time del is positive about the pistons, an angel gets it wings.

Why do you hate angels, del? Why?

why do you feel the need to be the arbiter of what perspective people have..especially people with backround, research skills and perspective superior to yours..

We're not cheerleaders..don't like it..ignore it..or refute it..

The question isn't why Del can't let it go..it's why you can't.

why do you feel the need to be the arbiter of what perspective people have..especially people with backround, research skills and perspective superior to yours..

I would like to hear more of your superior perspective. Who do you think will be the next Jamal Crawford?

Warriors top pick Ekpe Udoh out with wrist injury - ProBasketballTalk - Basketball - NBC Sports

Warriors top pick Ekpe Udoh out with wrist injury

Ekpe Udoh -- who the Warriors selected sixth overall in the recent NBA draft -- will miss Summer League and maybe more after injuring his wrist in a supervised workout.

The Warriors can't catch a break. So to speak.

Udoh was working out with at the Warriors practice facility in the Bay Area with Stephen Curry when the injury occurred, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

The severity of the injury is not yet known, although he will miss Summer League play, the team announced. He will undergo further evaluation later this week to see what the next step will be.

How long he will be out is unknown, although beat writer Marcus Thompson tweeted he heard it could be the Raja Bell injury, which required surgery and kept him out for four months. In Udoh's case, that could have him back during training camp.

Udoh signed his contract with the Warriors earlier in the day. Just bad luck. The athletic, shot-blocking, strong rebounding forward could bring some needed interior defense to Golden State.

:cheeky:

Right, it's me that can't let things go. That's rich.

Pistons coach Kuester impressed by Greg Monroe in Las Vegas

When free-agent big man Ben Wallace re-signs with the Detroit Pistons, which he is expected to do, he’ll likely take on the role of teacher for rookie Greg Monroe.

“There’s no question in my mind Ben will help him," coach John Kuester said today from Las Vegas, where the franchise's summer-league team is practicing. “This kid is advanced in a lot of ways for a young sophomore in college who was going into his junior year. He’s going to be a good player for us.

"Ben is going to be able to explain how the league is in the post and help him out in regards to his ability to guard certain players. Greg has a very good basketball IQ. That’s where he’ll be able to listen and absorb everything Ben has to say."

Monroe won’t find a better teacher on the roster than Wallace, a former defensive player of the year and the team’s best defender a year ago -- despite being the oldest big man on the roster. He averaged 8.7 rebounds and 5.5 points per game, with 84 blocked shots.

Wallace turns 36 on Sept. 10. He still hits the weights like a beast, has little body fat and, more important for Monroe, is astute enough to teach the former Georgetown forward the nuances of the NBA game. Monroe also would be wise to follow Wallace into the weight room, as Jonas Jerebko did during his rookie season.

Already a skilled passer, Joe Dumars, the team’s president of basketball operations, said he thought Monroe was one of two big men in the draft who could help a team offensively as a rookie, with the other presumably being DeMarcus Cousins.

“We’ve had two practices down here, and I’ve been very impressed with Greg," Kuester said. “He’s going to be a great addition. He understands how to play the game. He has a great attitude. He’s a good passer and, surprisingly, he understands defense a lot better than I expected."