Deleterious

2010 NBA Draft

You're right that they need 5 guys at PG/SG. You are wrong thinking the 5th guy will get 10 minutes a night. That 5th guy should be a veteran like Atkins who doesn't need to play to stay ready. A young kid like White needs time on the court to develop.

You have 96 minutes between the two positions. Rip, Stuckey, and Gordon all need at least 30 minutes per game. That leaves 6 minutes between Bynum and White.

If they don't keep Bynum, the pick looks a little better. But then you don't have anyone to back up Stuckey at the PG spot. The better move would have been to not keep Bynum and draft a more traditional PG prospect.

Maybe Joe knows he can move Rip this summer? Who knows. Like I said, its the second round so who cares. Its just another in a long line of odd picks for Joe.

The primary goal of the offseason from this point on should be to sign Shaun Livingston and trade Rip Hamilton. That would give us our traditional point guard, allow Gordon to match up with the smaller backcourt player, and allow Stuckey to come off the bench as a third guard where he would thrive.

The primary goal of the offseason should be to find a way to get Chris Paul from the Hornets.

The primary goal of the offseason should be to find a way to get Chris Paul from the Hornets.

We might as well say the goal of the offseason is to trade for Dwight Howard. Chris Paul is not going anywhere. However, before I said the goal should be to sign Livingston, I was going to say the goal should be to trade for Collison but I don't even say that being a realistic option.

I don't think they can or should bring back Bynum with this pick. Get a cheap vet, let Will B go. Livingston would be a good pickup at the right price, low risk potential high reward. Dumars really needs to get Hamilton out of town somehow, someway.

I don't think they can or should bring back Bynum with this pick. Get a cheap vet, let Will B go. Livingston would be a good pickup at the right price, low risk potential high reward. Dumars really needs to get Hamilton out of town somehow, someway.

If we sign Livingston I would seriously rather keep Bynum than Stuckey.

*slightly better shooter

*better finisher

*slightly better PG skills

*cheaper

If we sign Livingston I would seriously rather keep Bynum than Stuckey.

*slightly better shooter

*better finisher

*slightly better PG skills

*cheaper

I would rather keep Stuckey. He has much more upside than Bynum, is still young that he is going to get better and I am not even sure that Bynum has better PG skills or is a better finisher. Stuckey takes a lot of crap on this board because he was drafted to be a point guard, was expected to become the star that bridged the gap from the old core to the new generation Pistons, and was hyped by both fans and the organization to be a great player and hasn't lived up to any of those expectations. But that doesn't mean the Pistons should just forget about him in their plans and move on without him. He still is one of our more talented players and perhaps the only guy on this team who can create his own shot pretty much at will.

I think the Pistons plans going forward should be to find a true point guard and slot Stuckey in off the bench as a backup to both the one and two positions. If he proves to me more than that, awesome. But if not, at least we are still getting solid production out of our third guard position...even more than most teams I would say.

I don't agree with moving to Stuckey to off-guard. His problems have been consistency with his jumper and finishing when he gets to the hoop, not poor play as a point guard per se. Chauncey Billups was not a true point but could run a few plays very well and that was enough, so too with a guard like Stuckey. The weaknesses in his game are just exacerbated if he plays off the ball as a 2.

I don't agree with moving to Stuckey to off-guard. His problems have been consistency with his jumper and finishing when he gets to the hoop, not poor play as a point guard per se. Chauncey Billups was not a true point but could run a few plays very well and that was enough, so too with a guard like Stuckey. The weaknesses in his game are just exacerbated if he plays off the ball as a 2.

I agree with you that Billups was not a true point guard. The one thing he did well though was make the simple, easy, pass to get a shot for teammates. Stuckey does not even do that.

I do agree with your points about Stuckey not succeeding at shooting guard if he can't finish or shoot. At times though, I see Stuckey as a scorer and I believe he can be an efficient one. His rookie season, he shot 40% from the field. His second season, 44%. I expected him around 45% last year but he dropped back down to 40%. That is just not going to cut out. If he can get it up to 45% plus, that is efficient enough for me, no matter how ugly or pretty it is.

I would rather keep Stuckey. He has much more upside than Bynum, is still young that he is going to get better and I am not even sure that Bynum has better PG skills or is a better finisher. Stuckey takes a lot of crap on this board because he was drafted to be a point guard, was expected to become the star that bridged the gap from the old core to the new generation Pistons, and was hyped by both fans and the organization to be a great player and hasn't lived up to any of those expectations. But that doesn't mean the Pistons should just forget about him in their plans and move on without him. He still is one of our more talented players and perhaps the only guy on this team who can create his own shot pretty much at will.

I think the Pistons plans going forward should be to find a true point guard and slot Stuckey in off the bench as a backup to both the one and two positions. If he proves to me more than that, awesome. But if not, at least we are still getting solid production out of our third guard position...even more than most teams I would say.

26% usage with 40% shooting. He can get a little better, but not much. He can create lots of oppurtunities (for himself ) but can't make enough shots. Even you think he's a bench player.

If we sign Livinsgton, we have little need to overpay Stuckey. Gordon could probably play with Livingston. Plus, it would be awkward for Stuck to go from team center piece to 1st man off the bench.

Stuckey is strong and quick, he will find his niche in this league, but I don't think it's with us. With that said, I do think we keep Stuckey and has his best year this upcoming season. But I don't like him being a main cog in our future.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

Raymar Morgan signed with the Wizards.

So Sims & Morgan have found teams before Manny Harris.

All those comparisons from sportz about Manny to Jamal Crawford are getting worse a day later. And I still have almost no idea what he was saying last night, but comparing a guy who went 8th overall to a guy who went undrafted & still can't find a team, yeah....I dunno.

26% usage with 40% shooting. He can get a little better, but not much. He can create lots of oppurtunities (for himself ) but can't make enough shots. Even you think he's a bench player.

If we sign Livinsgton, we have little need to overpay Stuckey. Gordon could probably play with Livingston. Plus, it would be awkward for Stuck to go from team center piece to 1st man off the bench.

Stuckey is strong and quick, he will find his niche in this league, but I don't think it's with us. With that said, I do think we keep Stuckey and has his best year this upcoming season. But I don't like him being a main cog in our future.

I don't get why you would say this. He certainly is not going to be held back by his physical ability. He needs to improve his shot big time but there is no reason he can't become a respectable shooter, even if it is just from the mid range. The one thing I would like to see Stuckey get is a shooting coach...maybe he has one and I don't know it. His shot is flat and he doesn't use his legs enough. If he is going to make big strides in this area, he needs to practice it the right way. But I think it is a mistake to say he can't get much better.

I believe we have a team option for Stuckey after this upcoming season. So we have two years of control of him yet at a very reasonable price. Unless somebody offers us as a legit starter, my choice would be to keep him those two years as our third guard and see where he is at.

I don't get why you would say this. He certainly is not going to be held back by his physical ability. He needs to improve his shot big time but there is no reason he can't become a respectable shooter, even if it is just from the mid range. The one thing I would like to see Stuckey get is a shooting coach...maybe he has one and I don't know it. His shot is flat and he doesn't use his legs enough. If he is going to make big strides in this area, he needs to practice it the right way. But I think it is a mistake to say he can't get much better.

I believe we have a team option for Stuckey after this upcoming season. So we have two years of control of him yet at a very reasonable price. Unless somebody offers us as a legit starter, my choice would be to keep him those two years as our third guard and see where he is at.

Special circumstances..idiot GM has a man crush on player..an irrational belief he will be a solid NBA starter.

Overides all ratiional talent evaluation.

I like the Monroe pick mostly because it isn't Cousins. Every analysis of Cousins I saw said he was immature. Handing someone like that the keys to your franchise is not wise.

Greg Monroe won't be the superstar one can build a team around, but if he ends up being the third best player on this team in 4 years we'll be in some sort of decent shape. But, obviously, a lot can go wrong before those 4 years get here.

He's a wrist shooter, it's grissly. It's been 3 years and his jumper has not shown improvement. So unless he, out of thin air, develops good instincts off the dribble, I don't see him getting that much better than he was this year. Can he average 18 pts and 5 assts if giving enough rope? Yes, no doubt, he is quick enough and strong enough to score some points. But it will be inefficient if he is given 35 minutes and the PG role.

You need one or the other (shooting or playmaking instincts)to start at G in this league. Chauncey had both but lacked Stuckey's quickness, Stuckey has neither while having good quickness and a decent firststep. He's a rotation G at this point. He hasn't earned the chances he is getting.

Think about the guys you play with. There is always someone with great athleticsm in every bunch that noone else wants to play with because he dominates the ball and can't get you the rock where you personaly can score.

That player in the Pistons bunch is Stuckey.

Think about the guys you play with. There is always someone with great athleticsm in every bunch that noone else wants to play with because he dominates the ball and can't get you the rock where you personaly can score.

Your best analysis ever..truer words were never spoken..it speaks to Dumars atrocious scouting skills..he bet his reputation on this kid..he is a borderline starter at best..with health problems and no, one outstanding skill.

Whats tragic, he makes nobody who he plays with better.

He's a wrist shooter, it's grissly. It's been 3 years and his jumper has not shown improvement. So unless he, out of thin air, develops good instincts off the dribble, I don't see him getting that much better than he was this year. Can he average 18 pts and 5 assts if giving enough rope? Yes, no doubt, he is quick enough and strong enough to score some points. But it will be inefficient if he is given 35 minutes and the PG role.

You need one or the other (shooting or playmaking instincts)to start at G in this league. Chauncey had both but lacked Stuckey's quickness, Stuckey has neither while having good quickness and a decent firststep. He's a rotation G at this point. He hasn't earned the chances he is getting.

Now go compare Chauncey's stats to Stuckey through the same # of years in the league/age.

Stuckey is at least equal to Chauncey re. playmaking at the same point in their careers

Now go compare Chauncey's stats to Stuckey through the same # of years in the league/age.

Stuckey is at least equal to Chauncey re. playmaking at the same point in their careers

Really..Billups was on terrible teams and about 5 of them by this point..plus he could shoot the three..franly it's a terrible vomparison..one that the emperor makes every day as part of his affirmation.

However..If Stuckey got hit with a piece of steel that fell from the palace rafters..he wouldn't have Billups court sense or leadership skills..

Really..Billups was on terrible teams and about 5 of them by this point..plus he could shoot the three..franly it's a terrible vomparison..one that the emperor makes every day as part of his affirmation.

However..If Stuckey got hit with a piece of steel that fell from the palace rafters..he wouldn't have Billups court sense or leadership skills..

2002-2003 Pistons, 52-30. Billups (age 26) 31.4 mpg 3.9 apg.

Not a bad team. Worse playmaking than what Stuckey produced on legitimately bad teams at ages 22 and 23.

Not a bad team. Worse playmaking than what Stuckey produced on legitimately bad teams at ages 22 and 23.

This would qualify under the caption "so the ef what"..

Two diferent players, different styles, different skills..there are thousands of guards you could also quote stats for, that meet this criteria.

Stuckey is a poor shooter, who will always be a poor shooter, he doesn't finish at the cup..he makes zero teamates better with his floor generalship..add the persistent fainiting and soon to be increasing financial costs..you have a player who is declining in value not increasing..

Edited by sportz4life

Stuckey is a good player, he's improved year over year, in some of the worst circumstances imaginable for development of a young PG. You just can't say that on this particular board because there are posters here who feel they must tear him down in order to move their "Dumars sucks" narrative forward.