Deleterious

2010 NBA Draft

Yeah, Cousins is definitely playing himself up the draft right now. If the Pistons do get him, just bring back Amir to mentor him on how not to foul.

Unless you have the full court package, its hard to find a game with Whiteside. The 2 I saw were online and very poor quality. I don't check that often but if I see another one I will PM you the link.

Thanks..maybe maybe ESPN 2 will carry one or we will have to wait for the conference tournaments and the dance..

In order of who I'd like the most

1. John Wall

2. Evan Turner

3. Al-Farouq Aminu

4. Derrick Favors

5. DeMarcus Cousins

As of Today 1/30/2009

Wall

Cousins

Turner

Favors

Collins

Whiteside

Ok, obviously John Wall is 1.

But, Wes Freakin' Johnson is a beast!!!!!!

Gotta take him if he's there.

Turner can play point, but he's sg..

Wes Johnson would be a better SG and he can play SF, and he'll develop a post game, he's already got the hops and the range.

STUD

Ok, obviously John Wall is 1.

But, Wes Freakin' Johnson is a beast!!!!!!

Gotta take him if he's there.

Turner can play point, but he's sg..

Wes Johnson would be a better SG and he can play SF, and he'll develop a post game, he's already got the hops and the range.

STUD

Good player, not really to sure he's better. Johnson weighs 200, has no NBA post game , weak defensive instincts and isn't a very strong ballhandler, which means he can't really create his own shot off the dribble...there was an excellent write up on ESPN comparing the two by Fran Friscilla.

He is a good college player on a good college team..

Edited by sportz4life

Yeah, it's insider. Otherwise, probably an interesting read.

Can't argue about the handles, definitely needs to improve there.

Defensively, I think he's athletic enough to make up for some lack in instinct. He may never be premier in that area.

I really like his efficiency and decision making, doesn't take a lot of shots and never seems to force it.

Edited by mtk1210

I'm trying to workout a dream scenerio where we end up with Wall & Cousins. First we'd have to lucksack the #1 pick. Then buy mid 1st rd pick...package that & and an expiring contract or two and move up to the 7-10 range? Dream big or don't dream at all :)

I'm trying to workout a dream scenerio where we end up with Wall & Cousins. First we'd have to lucksack the #1 pick. Then buy mid 1st rd pick...package that & and an expiring contract or two and move up to the 7-10 range? Dream big or don't dream at all :)

What are your plans for free agency? Sign LeBron with our MLE? :wink:

Yeah it seems like they take Aminu 9/10 times when i simulate it. I doubt we end up taking him though, as we are gonna continue to improve our chances of picking better than 6-8.

Wall and Cousins are gong 1/2 so you better get some pretty creative trade ideas gong to pull that off.

The twisted side of me hopes Minnesota gets #1. They need another PG.

Would be VV interesting if they get the #1 pick...I mean, how the **** do you not take Wall? But seriously....3 straight top draft picks on elite level PGs in 2 years? Maybe them getting the #1 could allow us to trade up for our 3-5 and Austin Daye?

Would be VV interesting if they get the #1 pick...I mean, how the **** do you not take Wall? But seriously....3 straight top draft picks on elite level PGs in 2 years? Maybe them getting the #1 could allow us to trade up for our 3-5 and Austin Daye?

Nobody will give up a shot at Wall.

I have been wondering if Utah or New Orleans would give up the #1 pick. Utah might have two picks in the lottery. NO will probably slip into the lottery with Paul out for a month or two.

Maybe NO takes Wall and moves Paul? Saves them about $10 million a year for the next 3-4 years. Who knows.

If I'm the NBA, I'm drafting the big guy as in DeMarcus Cousins | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

If I'm the NBA, I'm drafting the big guy as in DeMarcus Cousins

LEXINGTON, Ky. — I'm not trying to say anything to contribute to John Wall's current state of happiness or frustration, but with the first pick of the 2010 NBA draft, I'm taking DeMarcus Cousins.

I'm taking a guy who is blasting through the Southeastern Conference as if he's Wilt Chamberlain and everybody else belongs in a 5-foot-and-under league.

I'm taking a guy who weighs 260 pounds but clears room around the basket as if he's 360 — and runs like he's 160. Some guys are powerful. Others are agile. Not many merge those two qualities quite like Cousins.

I'm taking a guy who has grown so comfortable with the concept of providing double-figure points and rebounds that he's a threat to deliver his double-double by halftime.

I'm taking a guy who is 6feet11 and plays like he's 6-11 instead of like somebody auditioning for a second career at point guard.

I'm taking Cousins first — and I'm not doing it to diminish Wall. He's a marvelous point guard, certain to be playing that position in the NBA for seven figures next season.

I'm taking Cousins because Tuesday night in Rupp Arena, with 20 or so NBA scouts watching as the University of Kentucky defeated Mississippi 85-75, he punished the Rebels the same way he had punished eight of the 10 previous teams on UK's schedule.

Credit Cousins with 18 points, 13 rebounds, four blocks and zero knucklehead moments. It was his fifth consecutive double-double. Jim Andrews set the school record with six straight 37 years ago. Your record is in big trouble, Jim.

Credit Cousins with being a thunderous riddle the Rebels never solved. You can swarm Wall with a wall of perimeter defenders. Zone defenses are aligned to make him prove he can hit the deep shot.

SEC coaches are still trying to create a way to confuse Cousins. Good luck with that.

Somebody asked UK coach John Calipari if he has ever coached a guy as talented as Cousins.

“Not a big man,” he said.

A jumbo smile spread across Calipari's face.

Cousins flashed his remarkable skills midway through the second half. Mississippi is a solid team that I believe can win several games in the NCAA Tournament. The Rebels have speed, toughness and veterans. Slipping behind UK by 18 points in the first half did nothing to discourage them.

In fact, they rallied until they had sliced UK's lead to 60-57. It wasn't a flashback of the South Carolina game, but it was close enough.

Enter Cousins. He rebounded a missed shot by Eric Bledsoe and scored so cleanly you wondered if the move was part of Calipari's offense.

Many freshmen can score. They believe offense is 99percent of the reason for their scholarships. Cousins plays with vigor on both ends.

This is what he did on Mississippi's next three possessions: blocked a shot, cut off a drive to force a turnover and drew a charge.

Get this: After Cousins swatted away a layup by Ole Miss guard Chris Warren, he walked across the baseline, fetched the ball for the officials and smiled. His rebound basket and defensive dominance inspired a 20-6 Kentucky run.

Cousins said he did it all without having any idea that Rupp Arena was overrun with curious visitors from the NBA. “I had no idea,” he said. “Really.”

The NBA has great ideas about who DeMarcus Cousins is and what he can do. Really.

Reach Rick Bozich at (502) 582-4650 or rbozich@courier-journal.com. Comment on this column, and read his blog and previous columns, at courier-journal.com | Louisville Rick Bozich | The Courier-Journal.

Yup. Dude is an absolute beast. He looked like a superhero on the floor against Mississippi. There was one play where he caught the ball at the top of the key, just inside the 3-point line. His defender was on him quick but he shotfake -> crossover and just blew around the defender and was at the rim in like one step. He is the quickest 6'11" guy I've ever seen.

We need a serious lucky charm for the Pistons this year.

What can win us a Top 2 lottery pick? It won't be our finish, our standings... it'll need to be the luckiest charm in existence.

Anyone we can bribe?

W But seriously....3 straight top draft picks on elite level PGs in 2 years?

All you have to do is watch these classic college games on ESPN, and you'll see why there's such a deficit of talented big men...

There hasn't been a big man coming out of college that has slapped the league upside it's head, in quite a while. In my book, you gotta go back to Tim Duncan.

....Since then, we've seen a ton of 1s, 2s and 3s drafted.