Deleterious

2010 NBA Draft

Kind of surprised ESPN has Solomon Alabi as a lottery pick, he needs another year of college IMO and any team that drafts him is going to have to look long term. That said, I do think he can turn into a real good NBA center, especially on defense.

Our goals should be to lose lose lose as much as possible down the stretch. If we bink a top 5 pick that will be amazingly huge for us. If we get the #1 and get Wall that'd be amazing.

If we get the 2-4 pick it's going to be kind of weird considering Evan Turner is widely regarded as the 2nd best prospect in the draft...but he also plays a position that is already clogged on this team.

Should be really fun sweating the rest of the season hopeing for as many losses as possible.

Don't overlook the possibility of Joe D using a high draft pick to help broker a trade for a current NBA player.

I have a feeling that's going to happen this year. Maybe it's just me, but...

...Should be really fun sweating the rest of the season hoping for as many losses as possible.

I'm not going to hope for as many losses as possible. I think the Pistons will be able to accomplish that on their own.

Further, to make the playoffs, they're going to have to make a phenomenal run in the last 38 games (something like 23-15 or better) and hope at least one of Chicago or Charlotte or Miami goes 16-22 or worse. I don't see that as very likely, at least not this year.

I don't think anyone will need to do any sweating, in other words.

Don't overlook the possibility of Joe D using a high draft pick to help broker a trade for a current NBA player.

I have a feeling that's going to happen this year. Maybe it's just me, but...

If there's a mistake to be made, he'll figure out how to do it..assume the worst, then pray..

Kind of surprised ESPN has Solomon Alabi as a lottery pick, he needs another year of college IMO and any team that drafts him is going to have to look long term. That said, I do think he can turn into a real good NBA center, especially on defense.

Would you buy an extra draft pick for $3 million to take him somewhere between 15-20? Assuming he was available.

Would you buy an extra draft pick for $3 million to take him somewhere between 15-20? Assuming he was available.

Yes.

I've been screaming for Joe D to do this the past several years... Maybe he didn't think the time was right?

But... it's about that time to do something like that. We ARE in a transition, aren't we?

Although... I thought the teams that were basically selling their draft picks were more in the 20-30 range?

yes, he would not be ready his rookie year, but I think he could turn into a dominate NBA defender with a developing offensive game. He needs to bulk up a lot. He also shoots free throws very well for a big man, I think he is over 80% this year. He'd be a project but I would take it on with the picks u mentioned. I still think he needs another year of college

If there's a mistake to be made, he'll figure out how to do it..assume the worst, then pray..

I see it more as a 50/50 proposition. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

I'd rather look at it as: "Go ahead and surprise me Joe D".

Sort of like a comedic horror movie. You don't know if you'll get a good laugh, a great feeling by the end of the movie, or one of those ****-your-pants moments.

Always a surprise.

Yes.

I've been screaming for Joe D to do this the past several years... Maybe he didn't think the time was right?

But... it's about that time to do something like that. We ARE in a transition, aren't we?

Although... I thought the teams that were basically selling their draft picks were more in the 20-30 range?

They were usually up against the luxury tax. Most people feel Joe was under strict orders from Davidson not to go over it. Probably the biggest reason they didn't buy one in the past.

You are probably right about the 20-30 range. But with the cap expected to drop this year and teams struggling financially, you could see some higher picks being sold maybe.

They were usually up against the luxury tax. Most people feel Joe was under strict orders from Davidson not to go over it. Probably the biggest reason they didn't buy one in the past.

You are probably right about the 20-30 range. But with the cap expected to drop this year and teams struggling financially, you could see some higher picks being sold maybe.

It should absolutely be a consideretion this year.

Joe needs to get the memo.

What exactly is the Pistons cap situation? I would expect we will be right up against the cap again next year, barring any trades, and we have an unsettled ownership situation. While I would like to see us "buy" those extra draft picks, the situation may not permit it happening. But strictly from a basketball standpoint, that is something this team needs to do.

It's be ideal to take Favors/Davis/Cousins with the first pick then get back into the 8-12 range and take Xaxier Henry. (Assuming we don't lucksack the #1)

I wouldnt mind trying to get back into the mid first round buy trading away one of our SG if we could. Then take a good scoring Forward with our original lottery pick and taking Alabi with our mid round pick (if he leaves). Maybe ditch rip for a mid round pick, maybe money I dont know, just brainstorming. I think someone like Patterson and Alabi combined would be an awesome draft.

I just wanna get Rip/Prince out of here. Get them out for expiring contracts and well be looking at a high lottery pick the next 2 years. If were gonna do this please do it right.

Edited by GREEAR10

What exactly is the Pistons cap situation? I would expect we will be right up against the cap again next year, barring any trades, and we have an unsettled ownership situation. While I would like to see us "buy" those extra draft picks, the situation may not permit it happening. But strictly from a basketball standpoint, that is something this team needs to do.

11 guys signed for a total of $55.6 million, if Wilcox doesn't opt out. No way he opt's out, since no team is going to pay him more than the $3 million he is set to make next year.

So they are up against the cap but not the luxury tax. Last year the #15, #20, and #25 drafted player made $1.6, $1.3, and $1 million each. A lot depends on what the salary cap will be and where the luxury tax will be, what the rookie salary scale will be, etc. But they should easily be able to do it if they want.

I'm pulling for one of Favors/Cousins/Monroe. For whatever reason, I don't much care for Ed Davis or Cole Aldrich and I'd be willing to bet they bust in the NBA.

If they are able to trade one of Stuckey/Rip/Gordon, then I would be happy with Wes Johnson or Evan Turner. If not I think they have to take a shot on a big man.

Although I am a huge endorser of the "take the best player available" school of thought. If Turner or Johnson is the next great SG, they have to take one. I don't care if they already have 2498874389 SG, both Stuckey and Gordon are certainly tradeable. The positional need vs. talent debate already screwed the Pistons out of Carmelo, it better not happen again.

It's be ideal to take Favors/Davis/Cousins with the first pick then get back into the 8-12 range and take Xaxier Henry. (Assuming we don't lucksack the #1)

Davis has regressed and Henry has disappeared. Henry should actually stay in school..once Collins leaves he could flourish..he doesn't get enough shots.

Cousins is a man..but has questionsable charachter and work ethic..that being said..he is a beast..at this point he would be my choice..buit it's a long way until the end of June..

I still say Wall goes to Brooklyn with Lebron and a sidekick..plus Lopez and Yi..

Just a quick glance at teams with multiple picks in the first round. The following teams have 2 unless otherwise noted. These are teams I would target for picking up a second pick.

Miami

New Jersey

Memphis (3)

Minnesota

Utah

Oklahoma

Very possible that I missed a team or two.

Whiteside seems to have creeped into the discussion with Cousins and Favors.

Whiteside makes Favors look like a finished product. Still, if he comes out I would almost guarantee he goes #2. It will be completely based on potential though and not actual skill.

Whiteside makes Favors look like a finished product. Still, if he comes out I would almost guarantee he goes #2. It will be completely based on potential though and not actual skill.

Favors looked like he need shock paddles the night I watched him...OTOH Cousins seems to be playing pretty hard as the season wears on..hopefully he can learn not to pick up 3 fouls in 7 minutes..he's a beast with quick feet when he stays on the floor.

As for Whiteside...I'll try to catch him.

Favors looked like he need shock paddles the night I watched him...OTOH Cousins seems to be playing pretty hard as the season wears on..hopefully he can learn not to pick up 3 fouls in 7 minutes..he's a beast with quick feet when he stays on the floor.

As for Whiteside...I'll try to catch him.

Yeah, Cousins is definitely playing himself up the draft right now. If the Pistons do get him, just bring back Amir to mentor him on how not to foul.

Unless you have the full court package, its hard to find a game with Whiteside. The 2 I saw were online and very poor quality. I don't check that often but if I see another one I will PM you the link.