Gozer

Free agent targets...

So what is everybody's dream headline when you wake up tomorrow? You get up, stumble to the computer, go to Freep online, MLive or POD or whatever...

"Lions Move Quickly, Sign Free Agent(s) ___________ ."

What name or names do you want to see most there?

If he is given the lowest tender, which is supposedly the case, then I'd like to see the Lions sign Oshiomogho Atogwe to an offer sheet. I still hope the Lions make a move for Cromartie too, but if the Chargers are still asking too much, back off.

So what is everybody's dream headline when you wake up tomorrow? You get up, stumble to the computer, go to Freep online, MLive or POD or whatever...

"Lions Move Quickly, Sign Free Agent(s) ___________ ."

What name or names do you want to see most there?

I admittedly know very little about NFL free agency but I do watch quite a few games during the season and I would love for them to sign Thomas Jones and Aaron Kampman. Kampman has said that he would very much prefer to play in a 4-3 defense so maybe its a possibility.

Now obviously these are pipe-dreams and I'm not sure what the Lions would have to do to sign either...but I think adding one or both would greatly improve the team.

We need DLine, OLine, and Secondary! Also need depth at wr, rb, te. I'm hoping the Lions sign:

DE: kampman if his knee checks out or KVB or Ray Edwards if we don't have to give a high draft pick

OL: Kevin Mawae if he can play G. or someone else that can play G

DB: Dunta would be great, but expensive. MJackson, if we don't have to give a high draft pick. Ken Lucas, but he blocked a trade couple years ago, so he probably won't sign.

rb/wr: TJones or Willie Parker or CTaylor, Antonio Bryant

I am VERY against Boldin or Marshall. Spending a large sum of money on a #1 receiver is not the smart way to go right now. We need to allocate our assets to multiple positions and while receiver is on the list of needs, it is lower on the list.

Speaking of receivers, I was thinking today how nice it is having Calvin Johnson as our #1 guy. Think about all the great receivers in the NFL who are just headcases and me-first players. Johnson is as talented as any of them and a lot less headaches as well.

Question: is there no cap at all anymore? Are teams pretty much free to spend how much they want, like it is in baseball?

I admittedly know very little about NFL free agency but I do watch quite a few games during the season and I would love for them to sign Thomas Jones and Aaron Kampman. Kampman has said that he would very much prefer to play in a 4-3 defense so maybe its a possibility.

Now obviously these are pipe-dreams and I'm not sure what the Lions would have to do to sign either...but I think adding one or both would greatly improve the team.

I would be ecstatic with Kampman. I have also been reading a lot of good things about Bobbie Williams there the Lions always need better players for the offensive line.

Just a short list of players I would be happy with in the upcoming offseason/draft

Chester Taylor or Thomas Jones

Kyle VandenBosch

One good Veteren Cornerback

Suh or McCoy in the first round

Mardy Gilliard in the second round

Trevard Lindley (CB Kentucky) in the Third round

Myron Rolle in the Fifth round

Just a short list of players I would be happy with in the upcoming offseason/draft

Chester Taylor or Thomas Jones

Kyle VandenBosch

One good Veteren Cornerback

Suh or McCoy in the first round

Mardy Gilliard in the second round

Trevard Lindley (CB Kentucky) in the Third round

Myron Rolle in the Fifth round

No thanks on Gilliard/Lindley that high. I'm hoping for the Best.

I am confused how 32-year old RB Thomas Jones is a good fit for the Lions.

I wouldn't mind him on a one year deal with the 2nd round pick spent on Best.

I wouldn't mind him on a one year deal with the 2nd round pick spent on Best.

I doubt if both would make the team, they really only need one guy. I'd go with the young guy with upside. Although I wouldn't mind if they moved A.Brown to WR full time.

I doubt if both would make the team, they really only need one guy. I'd go with the young guy with upside. Although I wouldn't mind if they moved A.Brown to WR full time.

Yeah, in my dream scenario Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris are long gone.

why we sign jones and draft best if we already have smith, morris, brown, and dorsey. I'm not saying brown and dorsey are great, but morris can handle the job til smith gets back.

why we sign jones and draft best if we already have smith, morris, brown, and dorsey. I'm not saying brown and dorsey are great, but morris can handle the job til smith gets back.

Because I personally think Kevin Smith is terrible.

That would solve the slot receiver issue.

Because Morris is old, Brown is a situational back, Dorsey has no real chance at making the final roster and Smith is not that good and a huge question mark due to his injury. Running back is a huge need, and while I'd prefer a DB in the 2nd round, if Best or Matthews were the Lions pick at 34, I'd be happy.

I think I like Darren Sproles the best out of these free agent backs. At the very worst he's elevates the kick off return game which was absimal last season.

Per Adam Schefter Twitter, Marlin Jackson and Lito Shepard are both free agents are free to sign with anyone. With us releasing Buchanon, I hope we sign one of these 2 or Dunta

Adam Schefter (Adam_Schefter) on Twitter

Both these guys are garbage. The Eagles have been trying to trade Lito for three years now and Jackson hasn't played in more than 10 games in a season since his days at Michigan.

Go figure the best cornerback on the free agent market is none other than Leigh Boden.

I think I like Darren Sproles the best out of these free agent backs. At the very worst he's elevates the kick off return game which was absimal last season.

Sproles was tendered at the highest level today.

Both these guys are garbage. The Eagles have been trying to trade Lito for three years now and Jackson hasn't played in more than 10 games in a season since his days at Michigan.

Go figure the best cornerback on the free agent market is none other than Leigh Boden.

Lito Sheppard was traded to the Jets last year.

yeah, but bodden isn't coming back and we need what we can at cb. hopefully we draft one at 34

This is what I am hoping for as well. We could actually use a cornerback in the second and third round.