SpartanValor

2010 Michigan State Football

Sad to see him go, but he obviously thought he was behind former Elite 11 and 4* QB Andrew Maxwell (Maxwell was a RS FR this year, and I believe Boisture was getting a RS this season), so it isn't surprising to me that someone would want to transfer. I actually just happened to wonder about this possibility the other day, maybe I should bust out those tarot cards....

I know everyone bashed Boisture for his horrible senior season at Saline (after transferring from Goodrich I believe), but its always nice to have good competition.

Edited by SpartanValor

Quite a contrast from another local QB who is leaving his college football program...(from spartanmag):

"It is in my best interest that I have decided to leave the Michigan State football program. I love the university, my teammates, the medical staff and most of all Coach Dantonio. Coach D truly cares about me and all of his players off the field as well as on the field. I have the utmost respect for him as a coach and person and wish him and the Spartans nothing but success."

MSU again finished in the top 20 of both total and average attendance (#17 and #19), despite having a smaller stadium, and playing only 7 home games.

MSU again finished in the top 20 of both total and average attendance (#17 and #19), despite having a smaller stadium, and playing only 7 home games.

After wondering just how many teams played only 7 home games (still more than half the schedule) I found its roughly split half and half amongst the big ten according to Big Ten Online. Very curious to see this at a national level.

After wondering just how many teams played only 7 home games (still more than half the schedule) I found its roughly split half and half amongst the big ten according to Big Ten Online. Very curious to see this at a national level.

I can't speak for nationally, but at UC 7 is the big number and we typically bounce between 6 and 7 home games. I can't remember ever having 8 home games in a season.

Yeah, not sure how many schools nationally play 8 games at home, but I knew that Ohio State did this past season. Looks like about 4 teams in the SEC did this year.

Yeah, not sure how many schools nationally play 8 games at home, but I knew that Ohio State did this past season. Looks like about 4 teams in the SEC did this year.

Michigan did a year ago - and I think may again this coming season.

Angelique(sp) tweeting that G Jones projected(Kiper) as 4th rounder, is that a surprise or accurate projection?

Jones is a big name right now, but he'll fall after tests. He's a 3rd/4th rounder type. He doesn't have the size or athleticism that wows you. Not saying he won't be good, but I've seen where guys like him get drafted. He's like a poor man's Pat Angerer IMO

ESPN doesnt have him graded too high on their site (3rd rd grade), wouldnt be shocked if he is a 3rd or later rounder

Jones is a big name right now, but he'll fall after tests. He's a 3rd/4th rounder type. He doesn't have the size or athleticism that wows you. Not saying he won't be good, but I've seen where guys like him get drafted. He's like a poor man's Pat Angerer IMO

Wrong on most counts...

ESPN doesnt have him graded too high on their site (3rd rd grade), wouldnt be shocked if he is a 3rd or later rounder

I think that's the conventional wisdom. Unless he goes out and throws down a 4.5ish 40, He'll settle into the middle of the draft somewhere.

Like I said, I have yet to read a mock without him in the 2nd round.

I actually haven't looked at many (if any) mocks for 2011 so you've got me there. Jones is a very good college football player, and will probably have a solid, but most likely unspectacular, professional career.

The NFL Combine will be broadcast on the NFL Network from February 24th to March 1st. Charlie Gantt will be there from the 23rd-26th, Dell will be there from the 24th-27th, Jones is scheduled to appear from the 25th-28th, and Rucker will appear from the 26th to the 1st.

theonlycolors.com

This has probably been discussed 1000 times, and I will default to you guys on draft prospects, but Greg Jones strikes me as a player who doesn't wow you in workouts, tests, combines, what have you. But maybe I am way off base. Rather he just makes plays on the field. It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented for him to fall into the 3rd or 4th rounds, and then end up being a steal of a pick.