DaYooperASBDT

The 2010 Adopt-A-Tiger Draft Extravaganza!

Sorry Bub, I am up 115 spots from last year.

I didn't participate last year, but I'm picking #52. Where's that rank me in terms of moving up? :grin:

I agree.....but Toledo? Maybe Erie, if everything falls into place, but I don't see any situation that puts him in Toledo to start 2010.

EDIT: Oh, he is also still available on your master list.

You're right of course, Dirk. I meant Erie but apparently I typed Toledo. First mistake this year, and in January no less. Going to be a bad year.

Is that an actual card, or a Photoshop creation? I like the faint barn image in the background.

It is a photoshop creation. I am just starting to learn the program, but the pic is an original that I took during Instructional League.

Hey Yooper? Another stupid question. Since I was lucky enough to get pick #51, does that mean that #52 and #53 could actually pick before me, since we're on the clock at the same time? I sure hope my pick doesn't come up at 3:00 A.M. if this is the case. I may actually pick 53rd. And does this board shut down at certain times, early in the A.M.? Sometimes I have insomnia and have tried to log on at 3:30 A.M. only to have the page not load. It's probably happened 5 or 6 times.

Hey Yooper? Another stupid question. Since I was lucky enough to get pick #51, does that mean that #52 and #53 could actually pick before me, since we're on the clock at the same time? I sure hope my pick doesn't come up at 3:00 A.M. if this is the case. I may actually pick 53rd. And does this board shut down at certain times, early in the A.M.? Sometimes I have insomnia and have tried to log on at 3:30 A.M. only to have the page not load. It's probably happened 5 or 6 times.

I think they can pick before you, so just be ready when your turn comes up and you should be okay. Hopefully it'll come up at a decent hour.

I've noticed as well that this site goes down at 3 A.M. every night. Not sure why, but I remember finishing game threads late at night this past season and scrambling to get them put up before the downtime.

MTS only shuts down if the server crashes or Scott announces maintenance. I usually experience a slowdown between 1 and 2 AM EST. I think what I wrote is correct.

I say if Sports Freak asks another question...we just give me his pick

I have a moderator in my pocket ;-)

I say if Sports Freak asks another question...we just give me his pick

I have a moderator in my pocket ;-)

I second that motion. I just have to think up a stupid enough question.

That shouldn't be too hard for me. :classic:

OK, I see the way it works now. People are going to hate when I pick because I don't know how to do all the fancy stuff like stats and pics. :classic:
PM one of us ahead of time for some advice. Pics are available online or several of us here have large collections:

Flickr: hueytaxi's Photostream

whitecapwendy's photosets on Flickr

Chuckles and Potthole also might be able to help.

PM one of us ahead of time for some advice. Pics are available online or several of us here have large collections:

Yoop gets a lot of thanks for doing this... but thanks to you too Huey, you help out a lot and the pictures you and Whitecapwendy take almost make you two agreeable Well I guess it is (picture taking) better than work

Yoop gets a lot of thanks for doing this... but thanks to you too Huey, you help out a lot and the pictures you and Whitecapwendy take almost make you two agreeable Well I guess it is (picture taking) better than work

Wendy still EARNS her living, while I live on government handouts (and Team Mom's paycheck).

Edited by hueytaxi

Hopefully Dusty checks in soon...I know if I checked in at the end of the month and found I'd missed a chance to have such a high pick I'd kick myself.

I'm practically nocturnal, so I'm always up late night/early morning. MTS "crashes" every night at 3am, no exceptions. It happens exactly at 3am ET every single night. Once it goes down, it's out for at least a good hour, sometimes longer. Usually it's down from about 3am-4 or 4:30am or so. I've always wondered about this.

I'm practically nocturnal, so I'm always up late night/early morning. MTS "crashes" every night at 3am, no exceptions. It happens exactly at 3am ET every single night. Once it goes down, it's out for at least a good hour, sometimes longer. Usually it's down from about 3am-4 or 4:30am or so. I've always wondered about this.

yes.

Maybe the server(s) have reboot? I wonder if anyone has ever asked MWG about this?

Thanks for the tip huey. I'm going to pick as fast as I can, just a name and then go back and try and post pics and stats. I don't want to take a chance on losing 2 spots since I have to share my time limit. But, another stupid question. If a few posters lose their spot, does my 51st pick move up? That would be cool if I had time to research a player before I picked him. I mean, I'll have a list of 2 or 3 players before my pick, but it would be cool if I could move up and not have to worry about hurrying.