mbrieve

Tigers Game Used Thread

Take this with a grain of salt, but this is what one member on GUU posted about the cost of MLB helmets:

"The Old Helmets cost teams approx $150ea (even with custom paint schemes). The new helmet - PLAIN - starts at $500ea. It is estimated that with paint and decals they cost the teams around $600-$650 ea."

I posted these on GUU, but as always, they will be much more appreciated over here. These are matching 1988 Set 1 gray BP jerseys of Trammell, Whitaker and Sparky. The lot I was looking at had about another 10 from the 1988 set, including Mike Heath, Jim Morrison, Willie Hernandez, Gary Pettis, Billy Beane, Matt Nokes, Chet Lemon, Walt Terrell, Ted Power and Alex Grammas.

stw1.jpg

stw2.jpg

stw3.jpg

^I saw your posting on GUU, as well as, some listings on eBay, correct? You made some sort of bulk purchase from Jim Schmakel and the Tigers??? How did that come together?

^I saw your posting on GUU, as well as, some listings on eBay, correct? You made some sort of bulk purchase from Jim Schmakel and the Tigers??? How did that come together?

I visited World B. in Boone, NC (Pro-Am Sports aka Gamewornuniforms dot com) and went through the 300 Tigers jerseys that he had. He is the one that made the purchase from Jim in 1995, not myself personally. After the road uniforms changed in 1994, they were all boxed up and then sold the following year. I have been selling off a few of them as these are the 3 that I really wanted. He has been picked through pretty good over the last 18 years, but still has some good ones in there.

I haven't contributed in a while since I slowed down my game used collecting. I've been on the lookout for a Placido Polanco Marucci "Polanco Cut" bat for some time, finally found one at the right price. I just always liked the look of the large knob. This bat is from April 21, 2007.

Took a photo with the other half of the former Tigers double play combo partner, Carlos Guillen (Sam 06, Rawlings 06, Nokona 08). I previously shared these bats, but the link is now broken due to Photobucket changing their hosting policy.

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

• Like 1