detroittigerfan

NON-TIGER AUTOGRAPHS

Received today, sent out in January. This is Pilot autograph #61 on my custom made Pilot cards.

95478.jpg

Of all the living Pilots, how many do you still have to get? How many are deceased?

Of all the living Pilots, how many do you still have to get? How many are deceased?
There ae 15 players that are deceased that I do not have, including Ray Oyler. There still is about 20 more yet to get. I do not have Tommy Davis and Tommy Harper and are terribly hard to get. And I doubt I will ever get Mike Marshall unless I want to shell out the $250 to get him. I have a few favorites:

24780.jpg24273.jpg24268.jpg

Notice that Bouton's picture was taken in Tiger Stadium. Tom Kelly wrote me a nasty letter because I spelt his name wrong the first time I submitted to him. Jim O'Toole would only sign after I sent him enough copies for all his grandkids. HA! I could not find Wayne Twitchell in a Pilot uniform so I Photoshopped him in one (as I did for a couple dozen players). He wrote back and told me the date and a story about where the original photo was taken.

Ray Peters, a former Pilot farmhand tracked me down, called me and we exchanged several e-mails. Recently he asked me if I would do a series of custom cards for him, wanting cards of himself and other 1968 Sporting News All Americans. This is what I created for him:

95487.jpg

It has been a very enjoyable project.

There ae 15 players that are deceased that I do not have, including Ray Oyler. There still is about 20 more yet to get. I do not have Tommy Davis and Tommy Harper and are terribly hard to get. And I doubt I will ever get Mike Marshall unless I want to shell out the $250 to get him. I have a few favorites:

24780.jpg24273.jpg24268.jpg

Notice that Bouton's picture was taken in Tiger Stadium. Tom Kelly wrote me a nasty letter because I spelt his name wrong the first time I submitted to him. Jim O'Toole would only sign after I sent him enough copies for all his grandkids. HA! I could not find Wayne Twitchell in a Pilot uniform so I Photoshopped him in one (as I did for a couple dozen players). He wrote back and told me the date and a story about where the original photo was taken.

Ray Peters, a former Pilot farmhand tracked me down, called me and we exchanged several e-mails. Recently he asked me if I would do a series of custom cards for him, wanting cards of himself and other 1968 Sporting News All Americans. This is what I created for him:

95487.jpg

It has been a very enjoyable project.

Very impressive! And it sounds like a lot of fun!

Sarah Palin signed baseball (family member recieved this in-person at a tradeshow she keynoted)

Palinbaseball.jpg

Decision Points by George W. Bush (purchased from Reagan Library for $45 delivered)

bushbook.jpg

George W. Bush 1/1 and 1/1 TTM bookplates

bushbookplate.jpg

Sarah Palin signed baseball (family member recieved this in-person at a tradeshow she keynoted)

Decision Points by George W. Bush (purchased from Reagan Library for $45 delivered)

That's a great Palin signature - much fuller than many of the other examples I've seen. Do you know if the signed edition of the Bush book is still available? I just scanned the Reagan Library site but could only find it unsigned for $35. Only an additional $10 for the autograph is a fantastic deal.

That's a great Palin signature - much fuller than many of the other examples I've seen. Do you know if the signed edition of the Bush book is still available? I just scanned the Reagan Library site but could only find it unsigned for $35. Only an additional $10 for the autograph is a fantastic deal.

I ordered the book over a month ago. I found out that he was doing an appearance there and knew that in the past they would pre-sell books from other author appearances. I believe they sold out entirely well ahead of the event. It was a great deal as they were selling them for the cover price $35 plus $10 shipping and they are consistently selling for $100 plus on eBay.

I send 3 lithographs to GENE CONLEY, and asked him to sign two and keep one for himself. Instead he signed all three.

The lithograph features him in a Milwaukee Braves uniform, but also shows him as a Boston Celtic. He is the only man in professional sports history to play in and win world championships in both Major League Baseball (with '57 Milwaukee Braves) and National Basketballl Association (in '59 - '61 with the Boston Celtics).

He is also selling a book titled "One of a Kind, The Gene Conley Story." You can buy it for $30.75 including shipping and autograph by writing to Conley at400 Foxborough Blvd., Foxborough, MA 02035. He sent me a flier about his book.

WALLY BUNKER signed two '70 Topps cards, which I received in today's mail.

On one card he also signed "1969 Royals" and on the other one he signed "First Royals Pitch '69."

Bunker is best known as the 1964 AL Sporting News Rookie Pitcher of the Year when he had a 19-5 record, including an ERA of 2.69; I should add that he was only 19 years old at the time. In 1966 he won the only World Series game that he ever pitched, throwing a six-hitter in a shutout win by the score of 1-0.

In K. C. Royals history he goes down as throwing the first pitch in their history, as indicated by the way he signed the cards for me (at my request).

Edited by detroittigerfan

Anyone know if Buster Posey signs in the mail? He is my favorite player in baseball, I would send something to him if he did.

Anyone know if Buster Posey signs in the mail? He is my favorite player in baseball, I would send something to him if he did.

He used to when we was still in the minors but hasn't for the past year or so. He did last spring training though so it is always worth a shot.

I sent on 3/17/10 and have not seen anything from him: a signed return or the busy letter he started sending out at that time. I would use your stamps elsewhere: perhaps 2010 AL ROY Neftali Feliz would be a solid choice IMO.

I received Posey TTM early in ST last year. But by the end of ST, SCN reports had people getting a "too busy" form letter from him and Bumgarner.

I sent on 3/17/10 and have not seen anything from him: a signed return or the busy letter he started sending out at that time. I would use your stamps elsewhere: perhaps 2010 AL ROY Neftali Feliz would be a solid choice IMO.

True, but it's more of a Posey or not send anything for me right now. Posey is my favorite player in MLB (including tigers players). I watched him play in college and he was amazing. I was gonna send him a college 8 x 10 to hang with some of my other FSU memorabilia that I have in my room.

14 1/2 months later. Per SCN, it appears that Mr. Dierdorf does not sign very often so I am fortunate I guess!

116147.jpg

14 1/2 months later. Per SCN, it appears that Mr. Dierdorf does not sign very often so I am fortunate I guess!

Excellent! I'm sure it was your custom card that did the trick - that looks great!