tigernut

Anyone else out there that collects autographs of Wings/Pist./Lions/U of M?

Hey,is there anyone else out there that collects autographs of Lions/Redwings/Pistons/Michigan Panthers/U of M?If so,please drop me line and let me know.I collect these along with my collection of Detroit Tigers cards/autographs/memorabilia.Have been collecting since 1968 and would love to find others to trade with,help out with your collections,or just BS about these teams.Hope to hear from some of you. Mike(tigernut)

I used to, but havent done much last year or two. I got a TON of Wings stuff, a few Tigers stuff, and very few Lions and I think Tayshaun Prince signed photo of The Block is the only Pistons thing I have.

I got a ton of Wings 8 x 10's and a few pucks, mostly players from the past 2-3 years or so. Also got Hasek to sign my jersey. I got Tigers the last few years, they are harder than Wings, so I got a lot less stuff, but have some baseballs signed and some cards and a couple 8 x 10's and Verlander signed jersey. Lions, all I have are Shaun Rogers, Ernie Sims and Louis Delmas 8 x 10's and a mini helmet I got at the event they held this year signed by the group that Pettigrew was in (dont remember who else was in it, the helmet is at my house). I also have some FSU stuff, but I dont think anyone would be interested in it on here.

Edited by Johnny Mac

Tigernut,

As far as UofM stuff, I only have two signatures-coaches Bo and Rodriguez. I would like to get signatures of Moeller and Carr and get these matted/framed. Do you have an address for these coaches? Does either of these two still have an offices in Ann Arbor?

Jim

Does either of these two still have an offices in Ann Arbor?

Jim

According to SCN, Carr signed in 8 days in December to this address:

Schembechler Hall 1200 State St Ann Arbor MI 48104

I've got the following autographed items from these teams, respectively

Pistons

Antonio McDyess shoe

Grant Hill 8x10

Ben Wallace jersey

Lions

Billy Sims 8x10

Jeff Garcia 8x10 (LOL!!)

I plan on obtaining Barry Sanders jersey and helmet

Michigan

Steve Breaston 8x10

Chris Perry Jersey

I plan on obtaining a Desmond Howard (my all time favorite Wolverine) jersey as well as have him sign some SI covers and a photo of him posing for the Heisman. I would also like to get some Bo memorabilia.

I've got a Pistons program from the Cobo days with autographs of all the guys... Bob Lanier, Dave Bing, Jon Mengelt, Curtis Rowe, George Trapp and a few others.

I like to collect Wings and Lions cards that have those jersey swatches in them. Especially the multi-colored ones.

I'm not an active collector of the other teams, but I do have some stuff. Here are the highlights off the top of my head.

My favorite is a personalized 8x10 of Steve Yzerman that was signed during his rookie (I think) season. He also signed a Wings schedule, so I could check the year. He and Lane Lambert appeared at a show, and I got signed 8x10's of both, and they both signed the schedule. My favorite Lions item is a personalized Joe Schmidt card with HOF inscription that I got as a kid.

I was very fortunate in that my family had extremely good season tickets for the Pistons during their Silverdome days, and I scored a boatload of autographs and GU wristbands there. It also wasn't uncommon to see other local athletes at those games, and I got Billy Sims at a game, and at another there was a group of U of M football players that we got, including Anthony Carter.

My best basketball item is a dual signed auto of Magic and Isiah from a Palace charity game that Isiah sponsored. Unfortunately I didn't plan ahead so I had to get their autos on the ticket. It's really more of an invitation than a ticket - it's larger - so it's still nice, but a photo would have been better. I also got Joe D there on a blank piece of paper, and he added "#4 MVP" per my request as it was right after he won the Finals MVP. Again, a photo would have been better. I must not have realized there'd be autograph opportunities - I can't remember.

Finally, I attended the Bob Lanier - Dick Vitale basketball camp twice as a kid and got a lot of nice autos there. On a more obscure note, I have a page full of Detroit Express autos from when my youth soccer team played a game at the Silverdome.

My non-Tigers stuff is really scattered and buried throughout the house. Remembering all this makes me think I should pull it together in a more organized fashion, as I'm sure there are lots of things I'm forgetting about.

I try to collect some other autos as well, but the Tigers are still my favorite. I have a shot at getting some former redwings autos on January 30th pm me if you are interested.

I have a bunch of old Lions stuff from when training camp was at SVSU because it's pretty close to my house.

Check out my photobucket if you want to see the stuff

Edited by laurasautographs

I mostly collect the Detroit professional teams, besides the Pistons, and U of M autos. Off the top of my head, here are some of my favorites of each team:

Michigan:

Desmond Howard signed jersey and 8x10 of the pose.

Bo Schembechler index card

Lloyd Carr 8x10

Hart/Henne/Manningham signed card

Jake Long cards

Charles Woodson index card (from his HS days)

(Will be getting a signed Woodson jersey soon!)

Tigers:

Kaline 8x10 and ROMLB

Gehringer index card

Denny McLain 8x10's

Wings:

Lidstrom 8x10

Datsyuk 8x10

Zetterberg 8x10's

Chelios 8x10

Lions:

Barry Sanders 8x10's

Night Train Lane 8x10

Lem Barney 8x10's

Joe Schmidt 8x10

I have two Mateen Cleaves autographed 8 x 10's. Mickey Lolich, Todd Jones, and Jason Grilli autographed ticket stubs, and a foul ball Cameron Maybin hit when he was in West Michigan that he autographed after the game.

Yea,I`d interested in the Wings.Where are you going/who`s there?I also saw that you were at Lions camp at SVSU.Heck,I took vacation time every yr. they were here,got a ton of signatures/pictures but of course no Barry!I stood in line for 3hrs. with my 2 boys the one yr.,got 3 people away from him and Channel 12 News stopped him for a stupid interview(which took 10mins.),right after the interview,he up and left!

Hey,I live right here in Essexville,so if your still going for the Wings,please let me know.Thanks Mike(tigernut)

Do any of you guys know where I can sell something? I have a signed basketball by the Dream Team II...Shaq and those guys. They all signed the ball after winning the gold medal. I have a cert of auth from Field of Dreams.

I've posted it on craigslist a few times but I keep getting really low ball offers. I honestly don't even know how much it's worth.

Any suggestions?