Jump to content

mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Dirk42 said:

Why no mini-helmets or bats for Horton?

I've seen signers refuse to sign certain things before, but I don't think I've ever seen mini helmets or mini bats as exclusions. That's just kind of odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willie is 75 now he has a hard time holding the smaller items when signing them. Rather than giving a poor quality autograph he would rather just let people know in advance that he just can't do them anymore. Many of the older guys have trouble with smaller non flats , even balls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 8:49 PM, King53 said:

Willie is 75 now he has a hard time holding the smaller items when signing them. Rather than giving a poor quality autograph he would rather just let people know in advance that he just can't do them anymore. Many of the older guys have trouble with smaller non flats , even balls

Ah, that makes sense. I know he's also had some challenges recently, particularly with very bad back issues. I thought that he had recovered from that last year but then it was commented several times this year that he wasn't doing well/recovering again from something. I never heard if it was the back again or something different.

Hopefully he's around for a long time. A very elegant man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LivoniaGreg said:

 I didn't see a flyer for the Taylor Town show next month but Troy will have a show in October.

Dan Petry - Redford 1017.jpg

Lance Parrish Troy 1017.jpg

I can fill in the blank on that one.....Taylor town is having Charlie Maxwell, Saturday,October 7th, 12-2. $8 any item, $6 trading card. The flyer also indicates that "former Michigan football players" will be signing on Sunday, October 8th. Names and times to be announced....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 0:38 PM, stanpapi said:

I can fill in the blank on that one.....Taylor town is having Charlie Maxwell, Saturday,October 7th, 12-2. $8 any item, $6 trading card. The flyer also indicates that "former Michigan football players" will be signing on Sunday, October 8th. Names and times to be announced....

It looks like the other signers have been announced for this new show in Troy.  The Hatcher brothers on the 22nd.  Info here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKvdg0EVAAI04Le.jpg:large

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget the show in Hudsonville UCC Church, 4950 32nd Ave. in Hudsonville this week Saturday. '84 Tiger Ruppert Jones is signing from Noon - 2PM, while the show is from 9AM - 3PM

I will have two tables at the show, and have decided to sell a number of unique often vintage autographed items from my personal collection, many relating to the '84 Team, and ready for your Tiger mancave.  I will also have $2 notebooks, where everything is for sale at $2, including cards and photos of championship Tigers, deceased Tigers, and players as late as the '50's.

Hope to see you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just returned from today's show featuring Lance Parrish and the hockey Hatcher brothers.  Good show with great tables. 

 Lance was real personable.  I asked him about Christian Stewart and he said although his defense has become better this past year he doesn't think he will be able to improve much more.  He's definitely a leftfielder, not a rightfielder. I also asked him about Grayson Greiner and he emphatically stated that Greiner is a major league defensive catcher right now but need to improve his hitting and strikeout ratio.  Lance told me he will be back to manage Erie again next season.

 

Next show in Troy in November has Howard Johnson and darrell Evans:

 

 

Troy - Hojo and Evans Nov 2017.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

I just returned from today's show featuring Lance Parrish and the hockey Hatcher brothers.  Good show with great tables. 

 Lance was real personable.  I asked him about Christian Stewart and he said although his defense has become better this past year he doesn't think he will be able to improve much more.  He's definitely a leftfielder, not a rightfielder. I also asked him about Grayson Greiner and he emphatically stated that Greiner is a major league defensive catcher right now but need to improve his hitting and strikeout ratio.  Lance told me he will be back to manage Erie again next season.

 

Next show in Troy in November has Howard Johnson and darrell Evans:

 

 

Troy - Hojo and Evans Nov 2017.jpg

That's great. I couldn't make it today, but Lance is always a pleasure to talk to. I think he's probably a perfect minor league manager- a very calming influence. He never gets too high or too low. Always had great concentration and is a really good baseball guy. I have no idea what his game management skills are like, but as far as teaching young players how to play the game, I think he's probably really good at that. I think these are the reasons he was always so underrated as a catcher- he stayed very consistent and never was a huge rah rah guy for the cameras. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 1:49 PM, LivoniaGreg said:

 “Lance told me he will be back to manage Erie again next season.”

I find it interesting that Lance would tell you this

On 10/21/2017 at 1:49 PM, LivoniaGreg said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just got back into Sports cards and got into autographs. I know I started this WAY LATE - but I started a 84 ball. So far have Trammell, Petry, Parrish, Jones and just started in October, looks like 4 more in November.

question though, why do all the flyers say ‘84 World Series champion but Roger Mason just says ‘84 tigers. From what I read he was on the WS roster??

 

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was not on the WS roster... However you could still put him on the ball as you have plenty of room since you can't get Sparky, Lopez, Bergman, Lowry, Consolo & Gates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He was not on the WS roster... However you could still put him on the ball as you have plenty of room since you can't get Sparky, Lopez, Bergman, Lowry, Consolo & Gates


ad41dfe3d378027cf3ac5ead39285361.jpgf4a91d4c6a80fbf027e6c868635870af.jpg

Didn’t realize that many were gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ONE '84 WORLD CHAMP TIGER AND 3 PLAYERS FROM THE '68 TEAM ARE COMING TO WEST MICHIGAN IN NOV.

THE FIRST IS JOHN GRUBB OF THE 1984 TIGERS, WHO WILL BE SPREADING THE INK AT THE SPORTS CARD SHOW IN ALLENDALE, MI ON SAT., NOV. 4.  HIS FEE IS $15 FOR THE AUTO AND $5 PER INSCRIPTION. SHOW IS FROM 9AM - 4PM (FREE ADMISSION) AND IS LOCATED AT SPRING VALLEY CHURCH, 5947 LAKE MICHIGAN DR., ALLENDALE.  GRUBB IS SIGNING FROM 12:45 -2:45. 

THREE '68 PLAYERS WILL BE MAKING THEIR APPEARANCE AT THE 12TH ANNUAL STUBBY OVERMIRE FIELD AND SPORTCARD SHOW AND LIVE AUCTION AT LEE HIGH SCHOOL AT 1335 LEE ST. SW IN WYOMING  ON NOV. 18 - 19.  TOM MATCHICK IS SIGNING ON SAT., NOV. 18, FROM 11AM - 3PM); FEE IS $10 PLUS $5 PER INSCRIPTION.  MICKEY STANLEY IS SIGNING ON SUNDAY FROM NOON - 2PM ($7 PER AUTO), WHILE 31 GAME WINNER, TWO-TIME CY YOUNG AWARD WINNER, AND MVP RECIPIENT DENNY MCLAIN ($10 EACH) IS AGAIN SUPPORTING THE KIDS AT LEE HIGH SCHOOL; DENNY WILL BE SIGNING ON BOTH DAYS, FROM NOON - 3PM ON SAT. AND 10AM - NOON ON SUNDAY. 

TY TOLD ME THAT HE HAS SOME INCREDIBLE ITEMS FOR SALE AT THE AUCTION, WHICH BEGINS AT 4:30 ON SAT.  FREE FOOD WILL BE OFFERED AT THE AUCTION!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upcoming signings:

Redford VFW- Sunday, Dec. 10th- Jim Price- 11-1pm;  $12 any item, $8 trading card

Taylor Town- Saturday, Dec. 2nd- Nelson Simmons, 12-2pm; $15 any item; $10 trading card, $5 inscription

                        Sunday,   Dec. 3rd- Bill Scherrer, 12-2pm; $15 any item; $10 trading card, $5 inscription

Ha, Finally beat you LivoniaGreg!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you did Stanpapi!    I attended both the Redford Show and Taylortown shows today.  I needed to get Roger Masons autograph on an offcial MLB ball.    Not very busy at either venue while I was there. No line for either Mickey Stanley (1130 am) or Mason (1 pm).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 6:04 PM, detroittigerfan said:

ONE '84 WORLD CHAMP TIGER AND 3 PLAYERS FROM THE '68 TEAM ARE COMING TO WEST MICHIGAN IN NOV.

THE FIRST IS JOHN GRUBB OF THE 1984 TIGERS, WHO WILL BE SPREADING THE INK AT THE SPORTS CARD SHOW IN ALLENDALE, MI ON SAT., NOV. 4.  HIS FEE IS $15 FOR THE AUTO AND $5 PER INSCRIPTION. SHOW IS FROM 9AM - 4PM (FREE ADMISSION) AND IS LOCATED AT SPRING VALLEY CHURCH, 5947 LAKE MICHIGAN DR., ALLENDALE.  GRUBB IS SIGNING FROM 12:45 -2:45. 

THREE '68 PLAYERS WILL BE MAKING THEIR APPEARANCE AT THE 12TH ANNUAL STUBBY OVERMIRE FIELD AND SPORTCARD SHOW AND LIVE AUCTION AT LEE HIGH SCHOOL AT 1335 LEE ST. SW IN WYOMING  ON NOV. 18 - 19.  TOM MATCHICK IS SIGNING ON SAT., NOV. 18, FROM 11AM - 3PM); FEE IS $10 PLUS $5 PER INSCRIPTION.  MICKEY STANLEY IS SIGNING ON SUNDAY FROM NOON - 2PM ($7 PER AUTO), WHILE 31 GAME WINNER, TWO-TIME CY YOUNG AWARD WINNER, AND MVP RECIPIENT DENNY MCLAIN ($10 EACH) IS AGAIN SUPPORTING THE KIDS AT LEE HIGH SCHOOL; DENNY WILL BE SIGNING ON BOTH DAYS, FROM NOON - 3PM ON SAT. AND 10AM - NOON ON SUNDAY. 

TY TOLD ME THAT HE HAS SOME INCREDIBLE ITEMS FOR SALE AT THE AUCTION, WHICH BEGINS AT 4:30 ON SAT.  FREE FOOD WILL BE OFFERED AT THE AUCTION!

 

Scan_0062.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to have two tables at the Lee High School show listed above. I also plan to show rare vintage footage (including audio) of those '68 Tigers that I just got. Stop by my table, and among other things you will see the post-game celebration after they won the AL pennant; watch Denny, Stanley, and Matchick spray the champagne, especially Denny as he has trouble opening up his bottle! See Kell interview all the players. See actual footage of the first game of the '68 season as well as four other '68 games! And watch Denny win his 24th game in his final appearance in 1969, which helped him win his second consecutive CY Award: Mayo comes to the mound to take him out in the 8th inning; did Denny talk him out of it? Plus much MUCH more!

All the proceeds go to help the baseball and softball program at Lee High School, one of the poorer districts in the area. So be generous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out that Denny McLain will NOT be at the Lee High School show on Sat., Nov. 18. However, he will be there on Sunday, Nov 19, starting at 10AM and signing until at least Noon and probably later. Tom Matchick will be signing on Sat. from 11AM - 3PM, and Mickey Stanley will be signing on Sunday from Noon - 2PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks AHarvey.   Jack Morris' autographed ball with an inscription has gone up $10 since the past summer.  Once he makes the HOF,  I bet he will be charging double from this upcoming show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks AHarvey.   Jack Morris' autographed ball with an inscription has gone up $10 since the past summer.  Once he makes the HOF,  I bet he will be charging double from this upcoming show.

Definitely getting it done now I have about 10 autos on my ‘84 ball now in only 2 months. Looking real nice so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,818
    • Total Posts
      3,021,816
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...