mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Dale Eldred is having his semi-annual show at the Wings Event Center, formerly known as the Wings Stadium, in Kalamazoo just off from I-94.  It's always a great show, with at least 50 tables and a wide variety of sports memorabilia.

The only player in baseball history to win BOTH the MVP and CY Young awards unanimously, 31 game winner  and '68 World Series Champ Denny McLain, will be signing autographs from 10AM - 3PM at the show.

Following signings set for February:

Redford VFW- Jeff Jones, Sunday February 12th. 11-1. $8 any item, $5 cards

Taylor Towne- Barbaro Garbey, Saturday, February 4th. 12-2. $10 any item, $5 cards; Lou Whitaker- Sunday February 5th. 12-1. $40 any item, $35 trading cards; $20 inscription.

I saw the flyer for the next Redford Show on Sunday, March 12.  Former Tiger ss Mark Wagner will be signing from 11 am until 1pm.  $10 any item and $7.00 for a card.

3 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

I saw the flyer for the next Redford Show on Sunday, March 12.  Former Tiger ss Mark Wagner will be signing from 11 am until 1pm.  $10 any item and $7.00 for a card.

Thanks LivoniaGreg. Certainly a bit of a reach with Wagner....

I want to officially cast my vote for Dan Dickerson as a future signer for the VFW. Admittedly, he is pretty busy on Sundays....you're only going to get him in November or December (maybe early January before the caravan). But I don't recall him ever doing a signing. I think he'd draw really well.

Any flyers out there for the next taylor town show? 

There is a show this Saturday, March 4, in Grand Rapids that is one of my favorites.  It's the 26th Annual West Side Christian School Sports Cards/Collectible Show, held at the school which is located at 955 Westend NW in Grand Rapids.  The event runs from 9AM - 3PM and admission is free.  Plus lunch/snacks will be available.

The promoter Vern Groenendyk (616-784-4299) always sells out, and often has to put the 30 + dealers in an overflow area.  All proceeds go to help the school in meeting its mission of educating the young.

Vern is bringing former Lion quarterback Greg Landry as well as former Tiger Charley (Paw Paw) Maxwell to the show.  Greg is signing from 11AM - 1PM, while "Paw Paw" will be disbursing the ink (or Sharpie!) from 1PM - 3PM.  Both autographers are $8 each, except on cards, which are only $5 each.  Items to get signed (such as baseballs, pictures, cards, etc.) will be available at the show.  Again, all proceeds go to help the school so be generous!

I plan to have several tables at the show, and will bring my four huge binders of autographed cards, including those signed by the Tigers World Championship teams of 1935, 1945, 1968, and 1984, as well as many of my binders with a wide variety of signed memorabilia, again with a number of items related to those World Champ years!  Hope to see you there.

You may be interested in knowing that Charley was the only player to hit five extra-inning homers in a season; I think he still holds that record.  He accomplished this in 1960, when he hit a total of 24 homers for the Tigers.  He also hit four homers on consecutive at bats on May 3, 1959 in two games on a doubleheader that day; he had 8 RBIs that day, leading the Tigers to a doubleheader sweep of dreaded Yankees.  Charlie will be 90 years old in April!

See you there!

There's another sports card/collectibles show coming to West Michigan that is in a relatively new market.  It's in the little town of Whitehall, MI, which is nearby and north of the much larger Muskegon and Grand Haven markets.  I don't remember any show in that area in the past, so I expect some new dealers and new collectors to sell and buy at the show.

It's at the Whitehall American Legion, located at 803 E. Colby St. in Whitehall.  It will be held on Saturday, March 18, from 9AM - 3PM.  There are over 30 tables at this show, and the promoter, Bill Welch, tells me it's almost sold out.  There is no charge for admission, and food will be available.

Bill has also lined up signers from both the 1968 and 1984 World Championship teams.  Dan Petry is signing ($10 per auto with free inscriptions) from Noon - 2, while Denny McLain will be at the show all day (price to be determined).  Denny is also speaking from 2 - 3PM about that 1968 season, and will also have a Q & A session for the Tiger fans at that time.

If you have a question about the show, or want to reserve a table, you can contact Bill at 231-750-3043.  Bill is busy now promoting the show in both electronic and print media, as well as the social media.  Sounds like a great show with a number of new people!

P.S.  Did you know Dan Petry was the starting pitcher in the World Series game that gave the Tigers their last World Championship?  And that Denny McLain won the 1968 AL MVP award exactly 20 years after his father-in-law Lou Boudreau won the same award?

Mike Laga will be the signer at April's Redford VFW Show. Sunday, April 9th -11a - 1pm, $12 and item, $10 per card.

Anthony Carter will be at Taylor Town Trade Center Sat. April 1st, $20 any item.  Braylo Edwards will also be there April 1st, 2-4pm $30 any item.  Combo ticket for both is $45.

Brad Park will be at Taylor Town on Sunday, April 2nd 12-2 pm. $30 - puck, photo, lithograph, poster, other flats.  $40 - stick, jersey, jerey number, equipment. $20 - card.  Each signature includes a complementary HOF inscription.  Additional subscriptions $10 each.

Mike Laga - Redford 0417.jpg

Taylor Mar-April 2017.jpg

On 3/9/2017 at 6:06 PM, detroittigerfan said:

There's another sports card/collectibles show coming to West Michigan that is in a relatively new market.  It's in the little town of Whitehall, MI, which is nearby and north of the much larger Muskegon and Grand Haven markets.  I don't remember any show in that area in the past, so I expect some new dealers and new collectors to sell and buy at the show.

It's at the Whitehall American Legion, located at 803 E. Colby St. in Whitehall.  It will be held on Saturday, March 18, from 9AM - 3PM.  There are over 30 tables at this show, and the promoter, Bill Welch, tells me it's almost sold out.  There is no charge for admission, and food will be available.

Bill has also lined up signers from both the 1968 and 1984 World Championship teams.  Dan Petry is signing ($10 per auto with free inscriptions) from Noon - 2, while Denny McLain will be at the show all day (price to be determined).  Denny is also speaking from 2 - 3PM about that 1968 season, and will also have a Q & A session for the Tiger fans at that time.

If you have a question about the show, or want to reserve a table, you can contact Bill at 231-750-3043.  Bill is busy now promoting the show in both electronic and print media, as well as the social media.  Sounds like a great show with a number of new people!

P.S.  Did you know Dan Petry was the starting pitcher in the World Series game that gave the Tigers their last World Championship?  And that Denny McLain won the 1968 AL MVP award exactly 20 years after his father-in-law Lou Boudreau won the same award?

Really looking forward to this show on Saturday in Whitehall, just outside Muskegon and Grand Haven!  A number of new faces coming - buyers and sellers, as well as autograph collectors.

I will be at the Denny McLain tables; just ask for Dave.  I have four huge binders of autographed cards for sale or trade, including a number of signed cards from the '35, '45, '68, and '84 teams.  I will also have a binder of items singed by the members of those  four Championship teams (yearbooks, photos, etc.).  Plus I have signed baseballs of Desmond Howard, Tony Perez, Alan Trammell, and (future HOFer?) Roy Halladay, along with Gold Glove baseballs of Tram and Lou, for sale or trade.

I will also have unsigned cards of Dan Petry and Denny McLain for sale, generally for $2 - $3.

See you there!

I picked up these three flyers at today's Redford VFW Show.

Ron Leflore at Taylortown in May Mickey Lolich at the Redford VFW in May and Jack Morrs at the Redford VFW in June.

Ron LeFlore-Taylor 0517.jpg

Mickey Lolich - Redford 0517.jpg

Jack Morris - Redford 0617.jpg

• Like 1

Per the DC Sports facebook page:

"Cubs Legend Fergie Jenkins will be appearing at our Twelve Oaks Mall location on Sunday, June 11 from 2-3 PM. Autographs are $35 on flats/balls, $45 on premium items, and $10 for each inscription."

Kind of an interesting one. Always good to see someone get a non-tiger BBHOFer. 

Hey guys.  Long time-no talk...  

Miguel Cabrera Private Signing 

$140 Small Flats and Balls 

$150 Large Flats and Canvas 

$195 All Bats Equipment and Jerseys 

$60 inscripts   

TC stats HR/RBI/Runs.  $110.  

Discounts for 6+ pieces.  

Items can be mailed to me or taken to the Fanatic U in Fraser.  Message Me first if taking items to Fraser.   

Need items by 5/14.   If you just want a baseball, please let me know.  We will order some and sell them at cost plus actual ship.   But will save you guys on shipping.

Second- pencil in Jabrill Peppers for Late May. Should have that confirmed soon.  Will be a Gibraltar If all goes well 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, stanpapi said:

Per the DC Sports facebook page:

"Cubs Legend Fergie Jenkins will be appearing at our Twelve Oaks Mall location on Sunday, June 11 from 2-3 PM. Autographs are $35 on flats/balls, $45 on premium items, and $10 for each inscription."

Kind of an interesting one. Always good to see someone get a non-tiger BBHOFer. 

He also played Basketball for the Harlem Globetrotters

Just now, michblk said:

He also played Basketball for the Harlem Globetrotters

I actually didn't know that until I started reading up on his career recently. Cool dude and a great pitcher. Relegated to bad teams. 

Peppers-Saturday!  Please come.  If you can't make it.  Message me discounted items if your not going.    Thanks!

Got Jack Morris' autograph with an inscription today on a ball.  Not as long a line as i would expect in Redford.  I was #104 at about noon and there were only 5 people behind me.  Please note that there is no Redford show next month.  Doug Bair signing  is for the August show.  

Joe Kocur and Ray Lane are signing in Taylor in very early July.

Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez, Baseball Hall of Fame catcher, signing copies of They Call Me Pudge

• 7/25/17 7:00 PM at BookEnds - East Ridgewood Avenue. Ridgewood, NJ.
  • 8/11/17 4:30 PM at the Majestic Grand Slam Gift Shop - Ballpark Way. Arlington, TX.
  • 8/14/17 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble - Fiarlane Drive. Allen Park, MI.

Pretty sparse crowd at Redford today for Doug Bair. Not too many card tables either as August is vacation month.  Here is the flyer for the September show with Frank Tanana as the signer.

Frank Tanana - Redford 0917.jpg

• Like 1