mbrieve

Upcoming signings

I think having Manon Rheaume is a great guest signer.

Here's another one coming up quick for you East-siders:

Nick Castellanos @ Rally House Shelby Township.  Monday, June 27th 6-7:30pm.  Free autographs, looks like there is some fine print though as to what he will sign for free (https://blog.rallyhouse.com/2016/06/24/meet-nick-castellanos-of-detroit-tigers-player-appearance/)

Address is 14257 Hall Road
Shelby, MI 48315

clpipsjugam0wqo.jpg

2 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Didn't make it to the show today. I pretty much already have the bigger names that were there, so it was hard to get motivated to drive 40+ miles for any of them. Were there alot of dealer tables? I think the best show I've seen around here now in terms of number of tables is actually the taylor show. It's definitely a dump of a location, but it's a huge show space.

I would estimate that there were about half the tables that are normally at the Taylor show.  I understand your desire not to drive so many miles.  I am a west sider but I didn't have autographed balls for Knox, Earl, Wood or Henneman so I wanted to make the journey.  Nice venue.     Long lines for Lou and Mickey when I left at 1:10pm after getting Henneman's autograph.

23 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

I would estimate that there were about half the tables that are normally at the Taylor show.  I understand your desire not to drive so many miles.  I am a west sider but I didn't have autographed balls for Knox, Earl, Wood or Henneman so I wanted to make the journey.  Nice venue.     Long lines for Lou and Mickey when I left at 1:10pm after getting Henneman's autograph.

Glad it was a good time. I suppose you can always find something for a guy to sign and convince yourself to go...but basements and spare rooms are only so big, and it seems like lately, unless I really need the person on a particular item, other things just come up.

I was very surprised at the number of tables they have down at Taylor. That reminds me of old school Gibraltar Trade Center days when the tables seemed to go on forever. I feel like I need a shower when I leave the place, howeverxD

On June 26, 2016 at 7:51 PM, LivoniaGreg said:

I would estimate that there were about half the tables that are normally at the Taylor show.  

In actuality there were 10 tables more at the Royality House then they have at Taylor Town

What would be the response to a show with former Tiger and Hall of Famer Whitey Herzog???

57 minutes ago, King53 said:

What would be the response to a show with former Tiger and Hall of Famer Whitey Herzog???

He's a hall of Famer, world series winner, I think it would be good and people would attend. I personally want to see more non tigers around here (I realize he played for them but obviously he's more well known for the cardinals). You can only trot out the 68 and 84 winners so many times, so variety is always good. If Whitey could be joined by Tommy Lasorda and Joe Torre, that would be even better, but I suspect that's asking a bit much xD.

The only problem I have with signings around here is that most of them are on the far east side of town now, and I know for a fact there are people on the west side who don't go unless it is somebody really special. It's getting impossible for people to get to Lakeside/M59, particularly on weekdays and also with the construction around town. So I think doing something more centrally located always improves the odds of getting people to come out.

Feel free to add Bench and Rose too :D.

12 hours ago, King53 said:

I'd be all for it!  I agree with Stan, too.  Please bring in greats from other teams and cities; especially the Midwest (Reds, Indians, Chisox, Cubs, Pirates, Blue Jays).  I am tired of the guys who appear too often but I have to admit the lines for Mickey and Lou's autographs were long last Sunday.

FRIDAY-SUNDAY, AUGUST 5-7

SPORTS CARDS & COLLECTIBLES SHOW

events_333_1522725633.jpg

EVENT ROOM A, FREE ADMISSION

FRIDAY 12PM-7PM
SATURDAY 10AM-6PM
SUNDAY 10AM-4PM

CRAIG MONROE SIGNING SATURDAY, AUGUST 6TH FROM 12PM-2PM
LARRY PASHNICK SIGNING SUNDAY, AUGUST 7TH FROM 12PM-2PM

15 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

FRIDAY-SUNDAY, AUGUST 5-7

SPORTS CARDS & COLLECTIBLES SHOW

events_333_1522725633.jpg

EVENT ROOM A, FREE ADMISSION

FRIDAY 12PM-7PM
SATURDAY 10AM-6PM
SUNDAY 10AM-4PM

CRAIG MONROE SIGNING SATURDAY, AUGUST 6TH FROM 12PM-2PM
LARRY PASHNICK SIGNING SUNDAY, AUGUST 7TH FROM 12PM-2PM

Does Mark D. handle these signings? Need mailorder.

Thanks for posting those. Glad to hear it was a good time. Also nice to hear they are finally having Evans next month. I need him on a couple of things. He hasn't been around in a couple of years so it is good they are bringing him in. 

• Like 1

I see the Michigan sports hall of fame induction is next week.  Anyone getting any of these guys for signings?  Ok, so I highly doubt Jeter, but Shanahan, Modano, Osgood, John Long, Ben Wallace.  I think they would do great.

BK

Don't hold your breath on any of those guys. Only people that could likely pull it off are DC sports. Shanahan in particular won't do public signings anymore as far as I know. 

Went to Taylor Town today to get Pat Sheridan's autograph.  Pat's a great guy!  I asked Mark, the show organizer who was signing in Redford in October but he didn't yet know.  Darrell Evans is signing this month (see above).

Interesting signers for October:

Taylor October 2016.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

Went to Taylor Town today to get Pat Sheridan's autograph.  Pat's a great guy!  I asked Mark, the show organizer who was signing in Redford in October but he didn't yet know.  Darrell Evans is signing this month (see above).

Interesting signers for October:

Taylor October 2016.pdf

I always love it when the bat boys and pio come out. I guess they are all in the team photo....but how far do you want to take it...Can somebody find the clubhouse janitor? LOL.

• Like 1

On August 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM, stanpapi said:

Thanks for posting those. Glad to hear it was a good time. Also nice to hear they are finally having Evans next month. I need him on a couple of things. He hasn't been around in a couple of years so it is good they are bringing him in. 

Papi, what items are you getting Evans on?

Redford Show, October 9th, Dave Borkowski. Yes, I had to look him up too. Apparently played on the 1999 and 2000 tigers. So he played on both the last team in TS and the first team at Comerica. A bit of a novelty. He will be there from 11-1 and it is $10 any item, $7 card and a $5 inscription charge. 

I was a bit surprised to see that name.  Kudos for the variety though, can honestly say I don't recall Borkowski as a repeat.  Here's the flyer to accompany Papi's post above and so you can see what Borkowski looked like. :)

Bork.bmp