mbrieve

Upcoming signings

'68 Tiger and former Grand Rapids resident Mickey Stanley is signing at the 25th Annual Card Show at West Side Christian School, located at 955 Westend NW in Grand Rapids. The show is on Sat., March 5, and will be from 9AM - 3PM. Stanley's fee is $10 per card, or $15 on everything else, including one inscription. Stanley is signing from noon - 2PM.

All proceeds go to youth activities at the school.

If you have any questions, call Vern at 616-784-4299.

Edited by detroittigerfan

Posting this for Dave (detroittigerfan):

It's that time of year again. One of the best shows in Western Michigan is coming up on Saturday (Feb. 27), the 10th Annual Stubby Overmire Sports Card Show and Auction. I believe the tables are again sold out, but you can call Ty Emelander at the phone # on Scan 32 to see if there are any last second cancellations.

Denny McLain is again signing autographs from Noon - 3PM. The fee for the autograph of the only living 30 game winner is only $10, including one free inscription. All additional inscriptions are $5 each. A great deal for the 1968 MVP and Cy Young award winner, as well as the 1969 Cy Young award. By the way, did you know that Denny is the only player in baseball history to win both the Cy Young and MVP awards UNANIMOUSLY!!!

The show runs from 9AM - 3PM. Lots of unique memorabilia for sale!

Don't miss the Charity Auction that begins at 4:30PM. Some of the unique items include a Suite for 18 Tiger fans at Comerica Park, along with three parking passes. Last I heard the bid was for only $750. Call Ty to bid on the item!

Also for sale is a great Steelcase platinum chair with the Detroit Tiger logo. It would look great in your man cave.

Other unique items include a Tiger Bean Bag name and a Neon Tiger Sign, both signed by Denny.

Thousands of Dollars in Memorabilia will be auctioned off. Plus there is free food during the auction.

All of the funds go to the Lee High School athletic programs to support one of the poorer school districts in West Michigan. So all your money goes to help the kids!

See you there!

photo%201_zpsuojzlg4t.jpg

photo%202_zpsixh68v2j.jpg

photo%204_zpsotirm0p4.jpg

photo%203_zpselwwrimu.jpg

photo%205_zpscw1l8nzl.jpg

Scan0032_zpsf8dp4rdb.jpg

Edited by mbrieve

Just sent these guys 3 x $8 for three cards. Cannot for the life of me find an address to send the cards to them. Are these guys reputable???

Not sure how it works, and I haven't used it yet myself, but I've heard they're reputable.

Just sent these guys 3 x $8 for three cards. Cannot for the life of me find an address to send the cards to them. Are these guys reputable???

I haven't used them either, but they were apparently started by Ellis Valentine (former MLB'er) as a way to connect collectors directly with former plays for autograph purposes. Their facebook page is up to date. No address listed but their email is info@pastpros.com.

I haven't used them either, but they were apparently started by Ellis Valentine (former MLB'er) as a way to connect collectors directly with former plays for autograph purposes. Their facebook page is up to date. No address listed but their email is info@pastpros.com.

Thanks guys!!! Apparently, once you pay they send you the address. When you send the confirmation email and a SASE, you get your stuff back in a month or so. I'll post again when I receive my cards.

I have used Past Pros with good results and great customer service. You are still direct mailing the player, but with the receipt that you paid via Past Pros, so they are really acting as a broker as the player is in control of the signature and return. Once you make the payment, Colin will email you the address to send your items.

I got impatient one time waiting on Alvaro Espinoza's return and Colin was all over it which resulted in me getting an email from Alvaro apologizing for taking so long with the return, followed by my signed card a few days later.

What makes this even better is that the fees are cheaper than he was charging with Mark Deham, almost half!

Here's an update to the charity auction at Lee High School on Sat., Feb. 27, which begins at 4:30PM. See the above flier for details.

Here are some unique items I am donating to the auction, all of which were signed at Joker Marchant Stadium between Monday and today (Wed.)

1)JUSTIN UPTON signed baseball on the sweet spot in blue ink. It is a perfect auto, and even legible! Justin signed it for me today, and the high bidder will be one of the first to have a signed Upton ball. The autograph is on an Official OLB3 League ball.

2) # 1 prospect MICHAEL FULMER signed baseball on the sweep spot in blue ink. It is also a perfect auto, and very legible. Michael signed it for me today, and it can be yours on Saturday. It was also signed on an Official OLM3 League ball.

3) "AL AVILA AND HIS TOP PROSPECTS AND YOUNG PLAYERS"cards, all siigned in blue sharpie on a custom made card in 2016 Topps format. Yes, the master craftsman (DavidSB) made these cards for me, and I got them signed between Monday and Wednesday. Al commented that this is his first Tiger card! In addition to Avila, the 18 cards are signed by Bernard, Boyd, Farmer, Ferrell, Fulmer, Gerber, Greene, Hardy, Jiminez, Jones, Labourt, Machado, Norris, Pelfrey, Robertson, Valdez, and Ziomek. All are in the major league camp right now. Very sharp! The ink is barely dry, but these cards can be yours on Saturday night.

All the above winners will receive a Certificate of Authenticity signed by myself, since I got them signed!

4) Hall of Famer JOE TORRE signed index card! Joe signed this card in a blue sharpie, and gave me a perfect auto. The COA is written on the back of the index card in ink by myself. He signed it while visiting the Tiger camp on Monday.

The auction at Lee High School begins at 4:30 on Saturday. All proceeds go to help a financially strapped school where 95% of the students are eligible for reduced lunch costs, so don't be afraid to bid high and help out our leaders of tomorrow! Coach Ty spends countless hours to insure that his student-athletes receive a top notch athletic experience and this is our chance to help him!

Edited by detroittigerfan

Thanks!

If any of the promoters are listening......would love to see Darrell Evans, Chet Lemon and Larry Herndon come around again (primarily because a couple of years ago I foolishly started yet another 84 project and need all of them on it). I suspect Willie Hernandez is done coming around, but he would be welcome too....

Got this e-mail from Tigers Authentics:

Hi. Good news to report. Former Tigers outfielder Chet Lemon will participate in a public signing here at the ballpark on Saturday June 4th. More information will be coming...

Got this e-mail from Tigers Authentics:

Hi. Good news to report. Former Tigers outfielder Chet Lemon will participate in a public signing here at the ballpark on Saturday June 4th. More information will be coming...

sounds Great...wonder if you will need a ticket to the game or if you just have to go to the D shop?

I've never attended one of these signings. You could always e-mail Marc directly: marc.himelstein@detroittigers.com or authentics@tigers.com

Chet has done very few signings in Michigan since his retirement, so if you need him on something specific (like a team signed item), I would bite the bullet and get it done now.

Completely agree. I saw him last in 2007 at the macomb mall signing. It was the middle of August in an empty store in that rundown mall :). I remember it was so hot in there that they had these huge fans blowing around the hot air. But the place was packed because he hadn't done anything in years. I think this one will be well attended too.

Next signer at the Redford Show is Rod Allen: Sunday April 10th, 11AM - 1PM, $8 any item, $5 baseball card

I also picked up the flyer for the next Taylor Town show:

Elroy Face: Saturday, April 2nd, 11AM - 1PM, $15 any item, $10 baseball card, $5 inscription

Roger Mason: Sunday, April 3rd, 12PM - 2PM, $5 any item

I didn't pick up the flyer, but Lou Whitaker is at the next Gibraltar card show.  Unsure of dates/prices on that.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2016 at 3:53 PM, peze23 said:

Next signer at the Redford Show is Rod Allen: Sunday April 10th, 11AM - 1PM, $8 any item, $5 baseball card

I also picked up the flyer for the next Taylor Town show:

Elroy Face: Saturday, April 2nd, 11AM - 1PM, $15 any item, $10 baseball card, $5 inscription

Roger Mason: Sunday, April 3rd, 12PM - 2PM, $5 any item

I didn't pick up the flyer, but Lou Whitaker is at the next Gibraltar card show.  Unsure of dates/prices on that.

I picked up the flyer at the Redford show for Lou. He is at Gibraltar Mt. Clemens on Saturday, April 9th at 1pm. Cards are $35, any item is $40 and inscriptions are $20. The charge for inscriptions on this one is nuts. $10 should really cover it for Lou. He has been $35 consistently for years. You want to raise his signing price, I get it. But that steep of an inscription charge is a bit much. It also says "a limited number of tickets will be sold".

• Like 2

On 3/25/2016 at 0:16 PM, michblk said:

Can someone bring Adam Oates for signing in Detroit?

http://www.afterthegameinc.com/

I will note they have Adam set up for a private, not public, signing. He hasn't done much of anything publicly.  A few things here and there over the years. But never- to my knowledge- in Michigan. This is not very likely to ever happen here. If DC doesn't get him, there isn't much hope that anyone else will. It used to be that back in the day, Goalies Den in Troy, Fan Zone in Westland and Gibraltar would bring in the hall of fame hockey players regularly, even if they didn't have much, if any, connection to the wings. That is how I really built my hockey HOF collection. Since those stores went out of business, NHL hofer signings around here have pretty much dried up. DC rarely- and i mean, rarely- brings in a hockey HOFer that isn't somehow connected to the Wings. It would be nice if they went back to doing some more of that, but it might just be that there isn't much of a market here anymore for it. I still believe that you get the right players in here, it can draw really well. Oates would do well here.

Speaking of this...You know who else would do well? Doug Brown from the old Wings teams. He's not a hofer, but I don't believe he's ever done a public signing (or if he has, it's been over 20 years). I thought he was still local.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:45 PM, stanpapi said:

I will note they have Adam set up for a private, not public, signing. He hasn't done much of anything publicly.  A few things here and there over the years. But never- to my knowledge- in Michigan. This is not very likely to ever happen here. If DC doesn't get him, there isn't much hope that anyone else will. It used to be that back in the day, Goalies Den in Troy, Fan Zone in Westland and Gibraltar would bring in the hall of fame hockey players regularly, even if they didn't have much, if any, connection to the wings. That is how I really built my hockey HOF collection. Since those stores went out of business, NHL hofer signings around here have pretty much dried up. DC rarely- and i mean, rarely- brings in a hockey HOFer that isn't somehow connected to the Wings. It would be nice if they went back to doing some more of that, but it might just be that there isn't much of a market here anymore for it. I still believe that you get the right players in here, it can draw really well. Oates would do well here.

Speaking of this...You know who else would do well? Doug Brown from the old Wings teams. He's not a hofer, but I don't believe he's ever done a public signing (or if he has, it's been over 20 years). I thought he was still local.

Yes, I noticed he was a private signing, but I know he's made appearances in St Louis before.  I think a Hull - Oates signing would draw well along with maybe Fedorov at some point.  

I was able to get Doug Brown through the Alumni Association in the past.

43 minutes ago, JimDavison said:

herndon.jpg

Be interesting to see how many come for Denny.  He's been around so often that now he's doing six inscriptions and a free photo for $40?  I would think that the market is close to flooded.

Thanks for posting that Jim. Can you possibly either post a larger picture of the flyer or type out the times and prices? The picture is pretty small and is hard to read.

Thanks.