mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Ted Lindsay appearing at Kroger in Shelby as part of their Hockey Fest this Saturday from 11am-3pm:

2015 Kroger Hockey Fest – Ted Lindsay Foundation

This is a pretty good time. I went to it a few years ago when it was in Canton. The trophies are neat to see. Only problem is they generally don't announce who the "other" redwing alumni will be.

My goodness the signings at the D shop are expensive. If Jose had a better auto I'd do it. When he first started out he'd do his whole name. Now it's come down to just chicken scratch....

Anyone heard about signers at Taylor town for next weekend? Seems kind of late for them to have not announced them.

I read that Charlie Maxwell will be signing in Taylor on Saturday, August 1st from 12-2 ( items $7, cards $5) and Ray Herbert on Sunday, August 2nd from 12-2 (items $5, cards $3).

Address is Tarrytown Center

22525 Ecorse Road

Taylor

East of Telegraph and south of I-94

Went to the Taylor show today to get former Tiger Ray Herbert's autograph. He's a great guy! However, hardly anybody there.

I picked up a flyer for the next show.

Mickey Lolich, Saturday, Sept. 5th, 1-3 PM

$25.00 any item

$15.00 Inscription

Ron LeFlore, Sunday, September 6th, 12-2pm

$12.00 any item

$9.00 Trading Card

Address is:

Taylor Town Trade Center

22525 Ecorse Road

Taylor

1/4 mile East of Telegraph

TaylorTownInfo.com

Picked up the flyer at the Redford Show today. They take July off but will be back with their next show on Sunday, August 16th with 3 signers, all former tigers. Each of the three below are $5 for any item, $3 for cards:

Tom Timmermann-11-1

Gary Taylor- 11-12:30

Bill Zepp- 11:30-1

Also found the flyer for the next show at Taylortown trade center. The show is July 3, 4 and 5. The only signer listed is Ike Blessitt- 2 free autographs; each additional autograph is $3. Not sure if they will book anyone else- kind of surprised to see them doing it on a holiday weekend.

Does anyone have access/link to a flier for the 8/16 Redford show? I need to send in mail order. Thanks.

The flier says for Mail order, contact: The Athlete Connection, LLC; P.O. Box 380135 Clinton Township, Michigan 48038. Phone # is 586-532-8415. All the guys are $5 any item or $3 for cards. Hope that helps.

Picked up the flyer at the Redford VFW today. Their next signing is:

John Hiller

Sunday, September 13th

Time: 11-1

Price: $10 any item.

It seems like they just had him but in fact his last time here was September of 2013.

Just returned from today's Redford Sports Card Show with John Hiller signing. Here are the flyers for upcoming shows in October:

Taylor:

Lem Barney

Saturday, October 3rd 12-2pm

$19.00 any item

Sid Monge (1984 Tigers)

Sunday, October 4th 12-2pm

$10 any item

$ 7 trading card

Address is:

Taylor Town Trade Center

22525 Ecorse Road

Taylor

1/4 mile East of Telegraph

TaylorTownInfo.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redford:

Alex Delvecchio

Sunday, October 11th 11am - 1pm

$15.00 any item

$10.00 cards

Redford VFW Hall

27345 Schoolcraft Rd.

Redford, MI 48239

Thanks Greg, I couldn't make it today. Appreciate the update.

Anytime, Stan. Although I am glad Barney and Delevecchio (two Detroit greats) will be signing I hope they can still get a former Tiger for the Redford show in October.

I'm going to cast my vote for one or more of the following: Larry Herndon, Chet Lemon, Darrell Evans, Willie Hernandez, Howard Johnson. Hojo might actually be doable now because I don't think he has a MLB or minor league job at the moment. I've actually got all of the above other than Hojo, but like a fool, I started another 1984 project and need them all to cycle around again :)

I need Willie but I don't think that he'll be around again.

Curious why you say that? He had this flurry of activity between around 2007-2011. However, he hasn't done a signing in metro Detroit since his last VFW appearance in 2011. I don't remember hearing that he was ill or anything. Maybe he just doesn't want to sign anymore?

I was told by Mark Dehem at a Grand Rapids show in February that he's waiting on a new heart. I hope he/I is wrong b/c I really need him to finish my '84 ball.

I was told by Mark Dehem at a Grand Rapids show in February that he's waiting on a new heart. I hope he/I is wrong b/c I really need him to finish my '84 ball.

Whoa. That's terrible. It's hard to hear things like that. Especially about guys who are, for me, eternally 30 years old and in their primes. Seeing Bergman pass away and watching these guys get older is very hard. To this day it's still the best baseball team I've ever seen. And when I say that, I don't mean the most talented. The best team. Hands down.

Good luck to Willie!

Personally, I'd like to see some 70's players like Jason Thompson, Chuck Scrivener, Phil Mankowski, Ed Glynn etc. I'd love to see Rusty Staub come but doubt he do it. Also, I'd like to see Don Wert from the 1960's back, if healthy. HoJo and Herndon would be fantastic, as well. I'd also like to see Rusty Kuntz after KC is done with the post-season.

Tomorrow, Sat., Sept. 19, two Tiger World Champions, '68 Tiger Denny McLain and '84 Tiger Dave Rozema, are signing at a Kalamazoo show in KWings Stadium, located just off from I-94. Denny will be there all day (9AM - 3PM) while Rozie will be signing from Noon - 3PM.

In addition, former pro hockey player Sam Ftorek will have several tables of hockey memorabilia for sale, including "stuff" from his father's NHL career as a player and coach. Who knows what treasures you will find here! Plus there are a lot of tables at this sold-out show!

Call the promoter Dale at 269-744-7337 if you have any questions.

Good luck to Willie!

Personally, I'd like to see some 70's players like Jason Thompson, Chuck Scrivener, Phil Mankowski, Ed Glynn etc. I'd love to see Rusty Staub come but doubt he do it. Also, I'd like to see Don Wert from the 1960's back, if healthy. HoJo and Herndon would be fantastic, as well. I'd also like to see Rusty Kuntz after KC is done with the post-season.

Mark Dehem has mentioned that he's tried to get Rusty in the past, but it's hard due to the demands of the baseball season. If KC was ever in town for a sunday night game (how often does that happen) that also happened to line up with one of the Redford Sundays, perhaps they could make it work, but that's not very likely. I think most of the collecting universe in this town needs Rusty on something. I will note, however, that Hojo appears to be out of a job....I never saw anything indicating that the mariners reassigned him after replacing him with Edgar Martinez. So maybe he's more of an option now.

Howard Johnson November 15th at The Redford Show. $25 any item,$20 card,$10 Inscription

Howard Johnson November 15th at The Redford Show. $25 any item,$20 card,$10 Inscription

Hell to the Yeah