mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Received an email today for a card show Next Sunday, January 18th, at the Brighton VFW, 10590 Grand River Blvd., with Mickey Stanley signing from 11AM-1PM, $15 for any item. Athlete Connection (Mark Dehem) responsible for bringing in Mickey.

Winter Caravan News: (Complete Article Here)

The team will take part in kickoff banquets in Toledo and West Michigan on Jan. 21...

The Metro Detroit bus will hit places such as the Hispanic Development Corporation; Michigan State Police Crime Lab; Children's Hospital; and the Northville Fire Department, for a 125th anniversary celebration. There, a pair of Tigers will compete to see who can put on fire gear the fastest. Meanwhile, at Buffalo Wild Wings in Rochester, Nick Castellanos and J.D. Martinez will test their wait-staff skills.

Some of the northern-bus caravan stops include the Lake City Fire Department, for a 100th-anniversary celebration; the Traverse City Chamber of Commerce; the Camp Grayling Joint Maneuever Center; Grand Traverse Resort and Spa; and Zehnder's Snowfest in Frankenmuth (confirmed the last two from the event's press release).

People that have confirmed as participants of the caravan:

Al Alburqurque

Alex Avila

Nick Castellanos

Yoenis Cespedes

Tyler Collins

Rajai Davis

Anthony Gose

Shane Greene

Bryan Holaday

Jose Iglesias

Ian Kinsler

Kyle Lobstein

J.D. Martinez

Victor Martinez

James McCann

Steven Moya

Hernan Perez

David Price

Andrew Romine

Bruce Rondon

Kyle Ryan

Alfredo Simon

Drew VerHagen

Justin Verlander

Alex Wilson

Josh Zeid

(NOTE: Luke Putkonen was on a stop's player list, but was since DFA'ed for Gorzelanny)

(NOTE: Miguel Cabrera is unlikely due to the surgery he is still recovering from)

Coaches

Brad Ausmus

Mick Billmeyer

Dave Clark

Jeff Jones

Wally Joyner

Other:

Assistant GM Al Avila

Special Assistant to the Pres. Alan Trammell

Does anyone have info on Feb 15 redford show?

Per VFW facebook page, it's Doug Bair, Feb. 15th from 11-1. $8 any item. They must have had a good turnout from him because I was at the VFW show in May of 2013 where they had him. It's a bit surprising he is back so soon.

As far as 84 tigers go, I would vote for Howard Johnson and Rusty Kuntz next. I think it's been at least 5 or 6 years since Johnson has been in the Detroit area, and I'm not sure I ever remember Rusty doing anything here.

Edited by stanpapi

Winter Caravan News: (Complete Article Here)

The team will take part in kickoff banquets in Toledo and West Michigan on Jan. 21...

The Metro Detroit bus will hit places such as the Hispanic Development Corporation; Michigan State Police Crime Lab; Children's Hospital; and the Northville Fire Department, for a 125th anniversary celebration. There, a pair of Tigers will compete to see who can put on fire gear the fastest. Meanwhile, at Buffalo Wild Wings in Rochester, Nick Castellanos and J.D. Martinez will test their wait-staff skills.

Some of the northern-bus caravan stops include the Lake City Fire Department, for a 100th-anniversary celebration; the Traverse City Chamber of Commerce; the Camp Grayling Joint Maneuever Center; Grand Traverse Resort and Spa; and Zehnder's Snowfest in Frankenmuth (confirmed the last two from the event's press release).

People that have confirmed as participants of the caravan:

Al Alburqurque

Alex Avila

Nick Castellanos

Yoenis Cespedes

Tyler Collins

Rajai Davis

Anthony Gose

Shane Greene

Bryan Holaday

Jose Iglesias

Ian Kinsler

Kyle Lobstein

J.D. Martinez

Victor Martinez

James McCann

Steven Moya

Hernan Perez

David Price

Andrew Romine

Bruce Rondon

Kyle Ryan

Alfredo Simon

Drew VerHagen

Justin Verlander

Alex Wilson

Josh Zeid

(NOTE: Luke Putkonen was on a stop's player list, but was since DFA'ed for Gorzelanny)

(NOTE: Miguel Cabrera is unlikely due to the surgery he is still recovering from)

Coaches

Brad Ausmus

Mick Billmeyer

Dave Clark

Jeff Jones

Wally Joyner

Other:

Assistant GM Al Avila

Special Assistant to the Pres. Alan Trammell

Zack- I thought I had always heard that they didn't allow autographs at these caravan events. Maybe that is just for the seated dinner type of events....Have you ever done any of these public type events where some of the team is out at various locations? Do they sign at those or is it just a photo op for the team?

Zack- I thought I had always heard that they didn't allow autographs at these caravan events. Maybe that is just for the seated dinner type of events....Have you ever done any of these public type events where some of the team is out at various locations? Do they sign at those or is it just a photo op for the team?
I have heard about people getting autographs at the stops before, but I have been turned down when there was just two of us outside an event about 3 years ago now.

Private Signing with Kurtis Drummond from Michigan State! Would need items by Tuesday! FLATS ONLY! $20 ANY SIZE includes inscript!!! I can get 8x10s, 11x14s and 16x20s printed prices below include shipping

8x10 $27

11x14 $31

16x20 $35

THIS IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH MOTOR CITY SPORTS GALLERY!

From Dave (detroittigerfan):

Here's an incredible opportunity to get two Cy Young Award winners at the same time. It's the 9th Annual Stubby Overmire Sports Card Show and Live Auction, held this year on Sat., Feb. 28 at Lee High School in Wyoming. See the flier below for more details.

Denny McLain (CY '68 and '69) is returning again this year, and now will be joined by Dean Chance ('64 CY with the Angels). Chance finished his career with the Tigers in 1971. Fees for their autos are very reasonable; not listed on the flier below is that their first inscription is free, while each additional inscription is only $5.

After the show there is an incredible auction featuring some great items. One item not listed is a Comerica Park Suite for a Tigers/White Sox game on Sat., April 18. This includes tickets for you and 17 of your best friends, along with three parking passes. Food is available, but not included in this package. Additional information on the auction will be forwarded as it becomes available.

Most important, don't forget that all funds received are for the kids and the baseball program at Lee High School, an economically disadvantaged school district. Here's an example of what Coach Ty has done with the kids there:

Mail Order is not accepted, so come on down to this show and have a great time. Meet two Cy Young Award Winners, buy some great items from the dealers (the show is sold out), and win some unique auction items, while helping our leaders of tomorrow. See you there.

9thannualBrannsLogo_zps53c99762.jpg

Appearing at the Taylor Town Trade Center (See below)

Saturday February 7th 2015

Detroit Red Wing Great and Hockey Hall of Fame member

Alex Delvecchio

Saturday Feb. 7th 2015

12pm to 2pm

$15.00 Any Item

Appearing at the Taylor Town Trade Center (See below)

Saturday February 7th 2015

Detroit Red Wing Great and Hockey Hall of Fame member

Alex Delvecchio

Saturday Feb. 7th 2015

12pm to 2pm

$15.00 Any Item

Has anyone been to the Taylortown shows? I've never been there and just wondering if it's worth the trip. Are the number of vendors similar to what Gibraltar would do?

Hey Stan, about Taylor Town, it's small but free. Most of the vendors were from Gibraltar Taylor.

BK

Nice of them to keep the prices for Brady below $1,000....For what amounts to a "T" and a "B" with some squiggly lines? No thanks. Even if it was beautiful penmanship, that's a flat out joke. I mean, really, Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Hank Aaron, etc. etc. are all well below that price (I actually think if you add all 3 of their "flat" prices together, you might get to Tom's price...maybe.....

Nice of them to keep the prices for Brady below $1,000....For what amounts to a "T" and a "B" with some squiggly lines? No thanks. Even if it was beautiful penmanship, that's a flat out joke. I mean, really, Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Hank Aaron, etc. etc. are all well below that price (I actually think if you add all 3 of their "flat" prices together, you might get to Tom's price...maybe.....

I wonder if they would consider throwing in a lock of his hair for that amount.

Darren McCarty will be at the Taylor town card show March 7. $15 for one autograph or 2 for $25. Books are $30 which includes the autograph

Darren McCarty will be at the Taylor town card show March 7. $15 for one autograph or 2 for $25. Books are $30 which includes the autograph

Thanks Glen. Is Darren brought in by MCSG? Was just curious if the guys at Taylortown are booking in their own guests or if it's a joint effort with other promoters.

From Dave (detroittigerfan):

Here's an incredible opportunity to get two Cy Young Award winners at the same time. It's the 9th Annual Stubby Overmire Sports Card Show and Live Auction, held this year on Sat., Feb. 28 at Lee High School in Wyoming. See the flier below for more details.

Denny McLain (CY '68 and '69) is returning again this year, and now will be joined by Dean Chance ('64 CY with the Angels). Chance finished his career with the Tigers in 1971. Fees for their autos are very reasonable; not listed on the flier below is that their first inscription is free, while each additional inscription is only $5.

After the show there is an incredible auction featuring some great items. One item not listed is a Comerica Park Suite for a Tigers/White Sox game on Sat., April 18. This includes tickets for you and 17 of your best friends, along with three parking passes. Food is available, but not included in this package. Additional information on the auction will be forwarded as it becomes available.

Most important, don't forget that all funds received are for the kids and the baseball program at Lee High School, an economically disadvantaged school district. Here's an example of what Coach Ty has done with the kids there:

Mail Order is not accepted, so come on down to this show and have a great time. Meet two Cy Young Award Winners, buy some great items from the dealers (the show is sold out), and win some unique auction items, while helping our leaders of tomorrow. See you there.

9thannualBrannsLogo_zps53c99762.jpg

Dave asked me to include some photos of items to be auctioned off:

steelcasechair_zps032c8520.png

koufaxpic_zps01cc6c28.jpeg

dchair_zps2db71e78.jpeg

image_zps31622c6f.jpeg

In addition to the information above, our friend Ty just sent me the following information regarding the 9th Annual Stubby Overmire Field Sports Card Show & Live Auction. Don't forget that ALL monies generated go to help the kids at Lee High School, so be generous!

We would be remiss if we did not point out that the world's only living 30 game winner (actually 31!) Denny McLain is returning for the 9th year. Denny himself has been responsible for raising many tens of thousands of dollars for Lee High School. Plus this year he is bringing with him fellow Cy Young winner and '71 Tiger Dean Chance. On behalf of many Lee HS kids, Denny, we THANK YOU for your generosity of both your time and personal expenses.

Especially note the "Cy Young Award" special, which includes an autograph from both Denny and Dean, for only $15. However, there is a limit of one per customer at these prices.

We are still auctioning off the Suite for Tigers /White Sox game April 18. Includes 18 tickets with 3 parking passes, 1:08 PM start time. Just added: Lee High School patron and friend Denny McLain be your host for the April 18 game in the Tiger suite!!!! Denny has some surprise guest lined up! With all the former Tigers now working with the team this will be a very exciting event !!!!

We are also auctioning these unique items and you the public can bid on them through me via email or phone or on our Facebook page which I will link below. The first four items are shown in Mark's posting directly above:

1) Denny McLain signed his underwear, framed, complete with 10 inscriptions! Denny has lost over 150 pounds making this available. And, yes, his wife Sharon (HOFer Lou Boudreau's daughter) has washed them! For the man cave that has everything!

2) Sandy Koufax 30 x 24 signed and framed Limited Edition Litho, absolutely beautiful!

3) Custom made Steelcase Detroit Tiger chair similar to what we sold before but the chairmaker tells me this one will be the most deluxe one he has ever made!

4) Wooden outdoor Detroit Tiger Chair donated by Stubby Overmire's daughter Jane. Signed in paint marker by Denny McLain & Dean Chance!

5) Denny has also graciously offered to play the piano live for us and we are taking pledges and donations to get him to perform. Even if you can't make it to the event you can make a pledge because we can put his performance on YouTube!

6) We also have as Bob Feller once said " THE ONLY " Bob Feller Signed Rookie uniform that he knew of! In his rookie season he wore number 9, not the number 19 he wore almost exclusively throughout his career. (Note: "Rapid Robert" was at the Lee HS Show several years before he passed away in 2010)

6) Other items include Signed photos of:

Gates Brown , Granderson, Bunning , Doerr, Fingers, Fidrych, Feller, Kaline, Horton, McAuliffe

Kirk Gibson, Fisk, Niekro, Stanley , Robin Roberts , Musial, Trucks, Weaver, Wert, Brooks Robinson, Billy Sims

7) Also Baseballs signed by many of the above as well as Jenkins, Kell, Harwell etc.....

Free Food and Beverages at Auction !!!

My (Ty Emelander) phone number is 616-443-8568

Email : coachty6@hotmail.com

Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/events/734454526624145/

An incredible event, with no admission charge. Plus all the funds raised go to the kids! See you there!

Edited by detroittigerfan

DEAN CHANCE IS STILL COMING TO THE LEE HIGH SCHOOL SHOW LISTED ABOVE. EARLIER TODAY IT WAS REPORTED THAT HE MAY HAVE TO CANCEL, BUT NOW THE CY YOUNGER WINNER PLANS TO BE THERE.

Here's a shout out to any promoter who can find a way to bring Slava Fetisov in for an autograph session. I don't recall that he has done anything locally since the 90s, and even then, it may have only been one time. If a show could be put together centered around Igor Larionov and Fetisov, that would be great. I doubt anyone could coordinate getting the 4 Russians who are able to sign back to Detroit, but it would be a very interesting idea, particularly given the publicity around the red army movie currently. I know Kozlov is still playing in Moscow at 42 years old, so he is probably not doable. And while Sergei is apparently in Michigan quite a bit in the off season, no one has ever been able to get him back to do anything. I distinctly remember getting Sergei at Gibraltar in 2002, and that is the last time he did any kind of organized signing in Detroit.

An interesting recent interview with Fetisov below.

Viacheslav Fetisov Extended Interview Video - March 4, 2015 - The Daily Show | Comedy Central