Inscriptions: $15

Willie Horton - November 22nd, 2014 | 12-2 PM

Lakeside Mall

14600 Lakeside Circle

Sterling Heights, MI 48313

(586) 532-0945

Autographs: $10

Inscriptions: $7.50

Pretty standard pricing for these guys. If I recall correctly, Mickey hates doing inscriptions and in recent years his signature and WS MVP inscription has been pretty steady at $40. Keep in mind that you can purchase a Madison Bumgarner signed baseball with 2014 WS MVP inscription for about $270. I know which one I would rather have (and you can read every letter in Mickey's signature!).

I think you're being kind of unfair to Madison. I mean, I can read the "M" in his signature, so it's not like EVERY letter is illegible LOL

I can't say I have a problem with the Tigers charging because it is really the Authentics division that is putting this on. I'm sure Marc is expected to make certain margins on the game used and autograph material he sells for the team and this is something they are trying out.

Now, I do agree that the price seems a little steep for a prospect signature. Maybe $10-$15 flat fee on anything???

If all the money went to charity it's one thing. But I bet you its 10-15%. I have never heard of another team doing a "Paid signing" without all the money going to charity or something along those lines. Just seems crappy to me. Watch he will be reading and taking photos at tigerfest.

Am I the only one that has a problem with the Tigers actually charging for autos?

I don't see a problem with it. They (and every other team) have already been selling player autographs for years, without proceeds going to charity. This just gives people an option to actually meet the player without the madness of a game or Fanfest. Definitely interested to see if they continue these or if this is a random one off for some reason.

Edited by Dirk Diggler

Thanks for posting this. I was in the area and stopped by and picked up a few signatures.

BK

Who'd you get? I've been to that show before and it is pretty great (if overpriced). I'm kind of surprised that DC has had Isaiah Thomas in recently. I would think that would be a good seller???

I made the trip myself for isiah. I also grabbed leyland, Gibby, and shawn kemp. Did anyone think gibson seemed off? I'm not sure how to describe it but maybe lethargic?

Who'd you get? I've been to that show before and it is pretty great (if overpriced). I'm kind of surprised that DC has had Isaiah Thomas in recently. I would think that would be a good seller???

I picked up a Ryne Sandberg for my Wrigley Field 1st night game poster. I now have all the starters except for Sutcliffe. Sandberg's autograph looks terrible though. I also picked up a Mike Modano on my Red Wings item. The last one was Meadowlark Lemon who had a table set up with Lee Smith and Fergie Jenkins. All were raising money for there charities. I grew up in the 70's watching the Globetrotters and was thrilled to meet him. All were very cordial. I too thought the signatures are overpriced. Some guys didn't sell over 100 tickets.

Glad to see you guys made it to the show. I work just a few blocks from there but didn't go this year. At every Rosemont show, some of the pricing is quite steep but some are good deals. I like to get cards signed so it's rarely worth the cost for me, but for premium items it can be okay. They almost always have a lot of big names and a decent spread amongst the sports, depending on the time of year. And the card/memorabilia show itself is always strong. Almost like a mini-National here 2-3 times a year.

Tickets on sale for TigerFest this Friday. The date is set for Saturday, January 24.

My bold prediction is no Miguel Cabrera this year. Rehab is all the cover he will need...

Tickets on sale for TigerFest this Friday. The date is set for Saturday, January 24.

My bold prediction is no Miguel Cabrera this year. Rehab is all the cover he will need...

Cabrera aside, I'll pass.

The tigers can keep their tigerfest until They decide to do it the right way- ie, like Blackhawks convention in Chicago. For god sake, who wants to wait in line in the dead of January in a ballpark for the "chance" to get someone you get in line for? Not me...

The tigers can keep their tigerfest until They decide to do it the right way- ie, like Blackhawks convention in Chicago. For god sake, who wants to wait in line in the dead of January in a ballpark for the "chance" to get someone you get in line for? Not me...

I did it once several years back. That was enough.

They changed it last year where it's not like that anymore. It is now "Line X, Session Y" so you know if you are in for the person signing currently or the next mystery signer.

They changed it last year where it's not like that anymore. It is now "Line X, Session Y" so you know if you are in for the person signing currently or the next mystery signer.

I guess I like more certainty in my signings- ha. The biggest thing though is freezing to death. There are plenty of places to do this in a warm environment (novi suburban showplace comes to mind). Hopefully they go that direction in the future. With the ilitches being such good marketers, it's surprising they haven't done something similar to what the Blackhawks do.

I guess I like more certainty in my signings- ha. The biggest thing though is freezing to death. There are plenty of places to do this in a warm environment (novi suburban showplace comes to mind). Hopefully they go that direction in the future. With the ilitches being such good marketers, it's surprising they haven't done something similar to what the Blackhawks do.
That would go against the exact reasons why they moved it to Comerica Park in 2007. It may seem like it was easier to not have to move stuff back and forth for a one day event (as well as the shuttles for the tours), but that was not the main reason behind it.

They did the move from Joe Louis to Comerica Park for the sole purpose of maximizing the amount of people they could sell tickets to, thus maximizing their profit... and it worked! I remember 2004 very well because of the huge snowstorm hitting (that we were crazy enough to drive in to get there) and the super small lines all around that day. Ever since, it has been nothing but seas of orange and blue, and its not going away.

If they do the way other teams do it (pre-selling autograph tickets for players), the prices won't be cheap and people won't be happy about the change.

Based on this email, I'd say your prediction is pretty accurate.....

"Victor Martinez, Justin Verlander and JD Martinez to headline TigerFest;

Tickets go on sale TODAY at 10 a.m.

TigerFest, presented by Oakland University, returns to Comerica Park on Saturday, January 24, 2015. Meet your favorite Tigers players during the ultimate fan festival. Over 30 Tigers players, including new additions Anthony Gose and Shane Greene, are scheduled to attend TigerFest.

• Get player autographs at six areas throughout Comerica Park, including a special "Kids Only" area

• Tour the Tigers clubhouse, front office and the Ernie Harwell Media Center

• Participate in a fan Q&A session with Tigers players & coaches

And much more!

Tickets go on sale TODAY, December 12 at 10 a.m. Tickets are $28 for adults and $14 for kids 12-and-under."

All fans attending will receive a free TigerFest beanie style hat, courtesy of 97.1 FM The Ticket.

Buy Tickets

^I bit the bullet and bought a ticket. This will be my first since 2012. I guarantee I won't do lines for more than two hours, seems like they usually frontload the stars anyway.

Could someone please post the VFW signers for the January 4th show- was unable to make it today. Thanks.

I'm interested too if anyone can let me know.

I'm interested too if anyone can let me know.

According to Signings Hotline the January 4th Redford Show has Willie Horton from 11-1.

Jim Price at Taylortown on the 3rd and Dan Petry on the 4th. Don't know times.

Hope all had a great Christmas.

gleng2 - Was mcsg ever going to do a 2nd signing with Shanahan? Also, just throwing this out there as I'm not sure how difficult they are to get, but in St. Louis, Hull and Oates are doing a signing. Would love to see them here.

After The Game Sports Collectibles March 2015 Show

BK

Ya, there was suppose to be over the summer, but then he had signed with the Leafs and the deal evaporated. It was a verbal deal that was done.

Thanks for posting the Hull signing, need him on some GU gloves