mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Nov. VFW Charlie Maxwell 11-2 $7

Thanks Ryan. Mark must be moving to 1 signer a month. I think the last several shows have been that way.

Here's a unique autograph opportunity coming in four months:

Former Cy Young Award winter (1964) and former Tiger pitcher (1971) DEAN CHANCE will be signing autographs at the Godfrey-Lee High School sports memorabilia show on Saturday, Feb. 28. He will be joining former two-time Cy Young winner (1968 - 69) Denny McLain at the show.

The school is located in Wyoming, Michigan (near Grand Rapids) and all proceeds from the show go to the school's athletic program. More details will be released as soon as they are available.

Does anyone recall Chance signing at any other show?

Here's a unique autograph opportunity coming in four months:

Former Cy Young Award winter (1964) and former Tiger pitcher (1971) DEAN CHANCE will be signing autographs at the Godfrey-Lee High School sports memorabilia show on Saturday, Feb. 28. He will be joining former two-time Cy Young winner (1968 - 69) Denny McLain at the show.

The school is located in Wyoming, Michigan (near Grand Rapids) and all proceeds from the show go to the school's athletic program. More details will be released as soon as they are available.

Does anyone recall Chance signing at any other show?

I took a look at the past signings list on SH.com.

Dean has done very few shows, most recently in the mid-2000s, but they were in Wisconsin and Ohio. He hasn't done anything publicly since 2009. And I couldn't find any instance of him signing in Michigan-keep in mind that the database goes back to 2001.

Edited by stanpapi

DETROIT LIONS DARIUS SLAY - FANATIC U - OCTOBER 21ST - 6-8PM - SOUTHFIELD LOCATION - AUTOGRAPHS 15 OR 2/20

I am personally (And not affilitaed with MCSG) having a private signing with Matt Shoemaker froim the Angels Autos are $15 any item (Inscriptions $5) . I will have OMLBs available 16x20s and 11x14s. Or you can send your own item. gleng2@gmail.com

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but I saw this flyer at Total Sports in Wixom last night and I thought I would pass it along to you guys who are into autographs.

Sunday Nov. 9th from 11 to 5pm Justin Verlanders parents will be selling and signing their book "Rocks Across the Pond" by Richard and Kathy Verlander at Total Sports in Wixom

verlanderbook

LARRY HERNDON, of the '84 Tiger Championship team is scheduled to sign at a Sports Card Show on Sat., Nov. 8. The show runs from 9AM - 4PM, while Herndon is scheduled to sign from 12:45 - 2:45Pm.

The event is at Spring Valley Church, located at 5947 Lake Michigan Dr. in Allendale, Michigan. Allendale is an estimated 15 miles west of Grand Rapids, and is known as the home of Grand Valley State University.

Fee is $10 for any flats or balls, $20 for bats, jerseys, bobbleheads, and helmets, and $5 for any inscriptions. All profits go to the Spring Valley Sports Ministry.

Cost of a table is $30. Call Jamie Balcom at 616-890-3995 or Rob Wondergem at 616-292-3170 with any questions.

Herndon homered in Game 1 of the ALCS Series vs. the Royals in 1984, and caught the final out of the 1984 World Series. He also homered in the last regular season game in 1987, with the Tigers beating the Blue Jays to clinch the A.L. East Division. In that game Frank Tanana threw a complete game shutout, winning 1 - 0, with Herndon's home run the only score in that game. Who will ever forget it; the Tigers swept the three game series over the Jays in Detroit!

Spring Valley • Pages

Went to the Redford show today. The next signer is Glenn Abbott, Sunday, December 14th- 11-1. $15, any item.

Also picked up a flyer for the December 5th, 6th and 7th card show at Taylor town.

December 5th- Brent Fedyk -5-7pm, 2 free autos per person. Additional autos are $3 each.

December 6th- Greg Landry-12-2pm-$7 any item (except cards, which are $4)

December 7th- Barbaro Garbey- 2-4pm; $7 any item (cards $4)

I've never been to Taylor town. Have they had signers before? It says contact bruce or Steve. Is Bruce Mugerian back doing shows or is this a different Bruce?

The upcoming Rosemont, Illinois show has some big names and lots of Detroit guys. November 21-23.

* Chris Chelios

* Al Kaline

* Billy Sims

* Isiah Thomas

* Jim Leyland

* Juan Gonzalez

* Andy Van Slyke

* Jack Morris

* Kirk Gibson

* Lance Parrish

Alan Trammell was on the list earlier but I don't see his name on it now.

Chicago | Nov 21-23 | FA Sports Spectacular

Date Time Location Players

December 6 11:30-1:00 p.m. D Shop

Comerica Park near the corner of Witherell and Montcalm

Steven Moya

Looking for the perfect holiday present for the Tigers fan in your life? Detroit Tigers Outfielder Steven Moya will be signing autographs at The D Shop on Saturday, December 6 from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. Autographs are $20 for baseballs and flat items, $25 for bats, jerseys, helmets and other equipment. Inscriptions are $5 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Detroit Tigers Foundation.

*Player subject to change without notice. Presence at The D Shop during the designated time does not guarantee an autograph. The Detroit Tigers reserve the right to refuse any item for signature.

Am I the only one that has a problem with the Tigers actually charging for autos?

Twenty bucks for a prospect!!!??? Time to stop graphing and take up a new hobby--like collecting Picassos and Rembrandts.

I can't say I have a problem with the Tigers charging because it is really the Authentics division that is putting this on. I'm sure Marc is expected to make certain margins on the game used and autograph material he sells for the team and this is something they are trying out.

Now, I do agree that the price seems a little steep for a prospect signature. Maybe $10-$15 flat fee on anything???

Two upcoming signings at Gameday Detroit - https://www.gamedaydet.com/events

Mickey Lolich - November 15th, 2014 | 1-3 PM

Lakeside Mall

14600 Lakeside Circle

Sterling Heights, MI 48313

(586) 532-0945

Autographs: $25

Inscriptions: $15

Willie Horton - November 22nd, 2014 | 12-2 PM

Lakeside Mall

14600 Lakeside Circle

Sterling Heights, MI 48313

(586) 532-0945

Autographs: $10

Inscriptions: $7.50

Pretty standard pricing for these guys. If I recall correctly, Mickey hates doing inscriptions and in recent years his signature and WS MVP inscription has been pretty steady at $40. Keep in mind that you can purchase a Madison Bumgarner signed baseball with 2014 WS MVP inscription for about $270. I know which one I would rather have (and you can read every letter in Mickey's signature!).