mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Make it two more. They announced on their Facebook page yesterday that Steve Kemp is coming on Father's Day to the Detroit location. Free signing after the conclusion of the Tigers game. When is the last time Kemp has been in the area?

Gameday stepping it up. Go Gameday go!

Gameday Detroit adds another WSC Tigers signing:

Jack Morris - June 14, 2014

Downtown Detroit

41 E. Adams St.

Detroit, MI 48226

(313) 285-8104

*Following the conclusion of the Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins*

Pricing: Autographs - $25 | Inscriptions - $15

Make it two more. They announced on their Facebook page yesterday that Steve Kemp is coming on Father's Day to the Detroit location. Free signing after the conclusion of the Tigers game. When is the last time Kemp has been in the area?

Gameday stepping it up. Go Gameday go!

Steve Kemp did a Tiger Friday at a Whitecaps game within the last two years. Fairly rare to have him in Michigan.

It is now free if you reserve your tickets in advance, or $5 day of, limit 2 per person.

Who is signing at the next Redford show? Couldn't make it this past Sunday.

Nathan- I asked, they have a date (September 7th) but no guests announced yet. I thought they used to only take one month off in the summer, but this time they are taking July and August off. By the time I got to the show yesterday (1pm), Mark wasn't there, so I didn't have a chance to talk to him. I'm not on his mailing list, so I don't know his email address. I know others here on the board correspond with him, so maybe someone can email Mark and ask about guests when it gets closer. You can also refer to this site: VFW POST 345. The flyer isn't always posted very timely, so we may have better luck with someone emailing Mark.

Nathan- I asked, they have a date (September 7th) but no guests announced yet. I thought they used to only take one month off in the summer, but this time they are taking July and August off. By the time I got to the show yesterday (1pm), Mark wasn't there, so I didn't have a chance to talk to him. I'm not on his mailing list, so I don't know his email address. I know others here on the board correspond with him, so maybe someone can email Mark and ask about guests when it gets closer. You can also refer to this site: VFW POST 345. The flyer isn't always posted very timely, so we may have better luck with someone emailing Mark.

Mark also accompanies the Tigers Fridays guests to Whitecaps games. I'm sure one of us can ask him in August when we see him (or e-mail him).

Mark also accompanies the Tigers Fridays guests to Whitecaps games. I'm sure one of us can ask him in August when we see him (or e-mail him).

Thanks. If you find out, let us know. I was hoping he'd have some sort of an 84 reunion with alot of the guys coming back for the 30th, but since it is during 4th of July week, that probably doesn't work.

Mark's email address is: mdehem@sbcglobal.net

It usually takes a few days for him to respond, plus he may not have September's guests already booked. Hope that helps!

Bobby's Autographs

Mark's email address is: mdehem@sbcglobal.net

It usually takes a few days for him to respond, plus he may not have September's guests already booked. Hope that helps!

Bobby's Autographs

I was at the show in Redford on Sunday and talked to Mark early- he does not have any guests line up for September as of yet but will send an email blast as soon as he does. Also, Mark did leave very early because he got a call that his mom was very critical. She passed away on Sunday morning. Let's remember to keep Mark and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Legends Sports & Games - Grand Rapids

SIGNING ANNOUNCEMENT! Detroit Tigers Lou Whitaker will be signing autographs at Legends on Saturday, July 19th! Part of the 1984 Tigers World Champs, 1978 AL Rookie of the Year and part of the 1 - 2 double play punch of the Tigers teams of the 80s, this is a signing you don't want to miss! Tickets are available in-store and online at Autograph Signings - Lou Whitaker - Legends Fan Shop

Ticket pricing:

$35 Autograph Ticket (any item)

$10 Inscriptions

$60 VIP Ticket (autograph, inscription, front of the line privilege, photo opportunity with Lou and a printed 8x10 copy of that photo)

SIGNING ANNOUNCEMENT! Detroit Tigers Lou Whitaker will be signing autographs at Legends on Saturday, July 19th!

Another Lou signing for the Metro Detroit west-siders at Gameday Detroit's 12 Oaks Mall location:

LOU WHITAKER | Sunday July 20, 2014 | 1 - 2 p.m.

Twelve Oaks Mall

27280 Novi Rd.

Novi, MI 48377

(248) 305-7306

Pricing

Flats and Baseballs - $35

Premium and all others - $45

Inscriptions - $15

Gameday Detroit - Upcoming Events

Next Saturday Ted Lindsay Kroger Canton. Going of

Memory so double check. But free signing.

He is exclusive to AJs still. Look closely signing is "presented by AJs sports". So DC isn't gonna be allowed to charge less than what they do. Also his deal with AJs is private only. There are no public deals

Hmm...AJ just posted a private signing with Yzerman for $179/per. And DC was at $165 per. Could just be the exchange rate difference- not sure if AJ's price is Canadian or not.

Just posted on the DC site this afternoon....Anibal Sanchez at DC on 8/2. Kind of pricey at $49 for flats. But he has rarely done signings in his career and he now only signs for DC, so if you need him, this is likely your only shot this year.

Upcoming Autograph Signings

Just posted on the DC site this afternoon....Anibal Sanchez at DC on 8/2. Kind of pricey at $49 for flats. But he has rarely done signings in his career and he now only signs for DC, so if you need him, this is likely your only shot this year.

Upcoming Autograph Signings

Kind of pricey is right on. But I won't bash DC for a change. This hobby. And especially this market (Midwest) has changed. It is more about meeting the athlete than getting the autograph. All along the meeting of the athlete hAs been important. But I can tell you personally with a lot of signings I have worked at in the last couple years. 2 things. Mail orders and drop offs are wayyyyyy down. And it's a lot harder to sell items after a signing. Not that prices were ever gonna go down. But it doesn't help when promoters don't make money on the back end.

******Megatron Private Alert******

Motor city sports will be having him for a private signing. Details to come this week

******Megatron Private Alert******

Motor city sports will be having him for a private signing. Details to come this week

Is it private because Megatron/his agent are dictating that? Just seems kind of funny to me how right after you posted that drop-offs and mail orders are "wayyyyyy down", literally the next post is about a private signing. Not a huge deal, I'm sure that's just how it is with Calvin, but it looks pretty ironic reading the two posts in a row.

^Glen is a big boy and can defend himself, but I get the impression from all the local promoters that they would much rather have a player make a public appearance. If for nothing else then to squash the bitching on facebook from fans that think the athlete is "too good" for them and have an attitude problem. We've had this debate countless times, but as these athletes make more and more money on the field, they don't need the 10s of thousands of dollars that these signings generate for them (it's pocket change).

I would bet the only reason Miggy is doing public appearances is because it is written into the exclusive contract that DC has with him. I think Glen is right, more people see these signings as an opportunity to get something signed and a photo they can share on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. (it's basically built into the price). It's a much smaller percentage that are happy with just the autograph.

^Glen is a big boy and can defend himself, but I get the impression from all the local promoters that they would much rather have a player make a public appearance. If for nothing else then to squash the bitching on facebook from fans that think the athlete is "too good" for them and have an attitude problem. We've had this debate countless times, but as these athletes make more and more money on the field, they don't need the 10s of thousands of dollars that these signings generate for them (it's pocket change).

I would bet the only reason Miggy is doing public appearances is because it is written into the exclusive contract that DC has with him. I think Glen is right, more people see these signings as an opportunity to get something signed and a photo they can share on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. (it's basically built into the price). It's a much smaller percentage that are happy with just the autograph.

Fact is We would have loved to have had Calvin public. The turnout would be massive. And for the record when I posted about the slowdown of drop offs and about selling after shows, this signing wasn't even discussed.

Further more it's Calvin. He doesn't mind being with fans. But he has been screwed by a couple promoters. Ie saying a 300 piece signing, then getting there and they sold 400 public tickets. (And lots more)

Again a Calvin public would probably be almost as good as Barry at DC last year. And the prices would have been higher altogether. You will see that for the player Calvin is, the pricing will be very fair.

Date Time Location Players

August 13 1:00-2:00 p.m. Kroger in Shelby Township

14945 23 Mile Road

JD Martinez

Tigers outfielder JD Martinez will appear and sign autographs at Kroger in Shelby Township (14945 23 Mile Road) on Wednesday, August 13 from 1pm to 2pm. Meet JD and get an complimentary photocard courtesy of Pepsi. Please note: No other items will be signed at this promotional appearance.

Fact is We would have loved to have had Calvin public. The turnout would be massive. And for the record when I posted about the slowdown of drop offs and about selling after shows, this signing wasn't even discussed.

Further more it's Calvin. He doesn't mind being with fans. But he has been screwed by a couple promoters. Ie saying a 300 piece signing, then getting there and they sold 400 public tickets. (And lots more)

Again a Calvin public would probably be almost as good as Barry at DC last year. And the prices would have been higher altogether. You will see that for the player Calvin is, the pricing will be very fair.

Totally makes sense. I fall into the 1st category mbrieve mentioned where if I'm paying the money then I would like to actually meet the athlete. But I get why it's not always that easy.

I still appreciate all the efforts to give us collectors the opportunity, in-person or not!

Here is the Calvin pricing. Really isn't that bad considering your getting the consensus #2 player in the league. A couple dealers actually told us we should have charged $10-20 more per sig and another $10 per inscript. I'm sure some will still complain. Discounts are available for 6+ items. Send me a email and gleng2@gmail.com

7A0917CF-B8F9-4D6B-9C2F-F27899B25A63_zpsxg2uexsc.png