mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Can anyone confirm the Denny McLain signing in Redford that was mentioned a few weeks back? The website still has the September flyer when you click on the November date. I picked up a nearly complete 68 autographed team photo at the National and it is only missing Denny. Thanks.

Can anyone confirm the Denny McLain signing in Redford that was mentioned a few weeks back? The website still has the September flyer when you click on the November date. I picked up a nearly complete 68 autographed team photo at the National and it is only missing Denny. Thanks.

You can try emailing the promoter: Mark Dehem mdehem@sbcglobal.net

Russ, I don't know if you were planning to make the trip or do mail order, but Mark is solid and I have sent him a lot of high value items to get signed at shows he promoted. I would have total confidence.

I agree...dealt with him for years. Mark's one of the best in terms of service and handling items. I'd have no problem sending him something.

I unfortunately missed it again. can't catch a break, missed all of them since March. Would appreciate a heads up on December signers as well.

Hey guys, made it to my first ever Redford show today and got McLain on my 68 team photo. I forgot to grab a flyer but if I recall correctly December will have Leo Marentette and John Grubb. I'm sure of Leo since a few had to ask Mark who he was.

It's Marentette and Bergman I think.

Bergman is $5 more for him to sign a 1984 Wave Card. What kind of card is that and why would it be more $?

Also, is anyone in the Lansing area going down? I'd like to get a seatback signed but doubt I will be able to make the trip that day.

Yea, I think you're right, now that I think about it Bergman seems right. Sorry for the bad info.

Bergman is $5 more for him to sign a 1984 Wave Card. What kind of card is that and why would it be more $?

The 1984 Detroit Tigers Wave Card team set, I believe, was not licensed by MLBPA (or something to that effect). So, basically, the players were not paid for use of their image. I think most players just shrugged it off, but Bergman would refuse to sign it. In recent years, he has been willing to sign it for an added fee. I'm going by memory, but I think that is the gist of the story. Here is the card signed on eBay:

Dave Bergman Signed 1984 Detroit Tigers Wave Postcard RARE | eBay

The 1984 Detroit Tigers Wave Card team set, I believe, was not licensed by MLBPA (or something to that effect). So, basically, the players were not paid for use of their image. I think most players just shrugged it off, but Bergman would refuse to sign it. In recent years, he has been willing to sign it for an added fee. I'm going by memory, but I think that is the gist of the story. Here is the card signed on eBay:

Dave Bergman Signed 1984 Detroit Tigers Wave Postcard RARE | eBay

That's exactly right. I'm not sure why Dave went to this $5 surcharge. It's a nice set, but I don't see alot of people out there getting it done. But to each his own. Dave is a great guy and I'm sure he has his reasons.

Hey guys, made it to my first ever Redford show today and got McLain on my 68 team photo. I forgot to grab a flyer but if I recall correctly December will have Leo Marentette and John Grubb. I'm sure of Leo since a few had to ask Mark who he was.

I suppose it's never great when your customers are wondering who your guests are...of course, a guy who pitched a grand total of 8 1/3 innings in his major league career is a bit of a reach, even for Mark. Leo's claim to fame is that struck out Willie Mays once.

Marentette is a tougher signature. Might be a rare opportunity.

Times and pricing announced for the Kirk Gibson autograph appearance at DC Sports.

GibsonKirkDecember2013Largecopy_zpscba06582.jpg

I feel like I haven't seen Gibson around this area too much in the past several years. Would others on the board agree that now might be the time/price to pounce on?

Times and pricing announced for the Kirk Gibson autograph appearance at DC Sports.

I feel like I haven't seen Gibson around this area too much in the past several years. Would others on the board agree that now might be the time/price to pounce on?

Since he took the job in Arizona, he has only done a handful of public signings, but I wouldn't call him scarce (Trammell on the other hand, yes). This is pretty much his pricing, unless you can get him at the ballpark for free. So, if you need him, I would go for it.

He did Gibraltar last November with Marty Castillo, this board had "too high" on prices comments

He did Gibraltar last November with Marty Castillo, this board had "too high" on prices comments

I'll take your word for it, but it wasn't coming from me. He has been this price point for at least 4-5 years. I knocked out 2 or 3 1984 team signed pieces at the Redford VFW a few years back and it was this price point.

yep. This is basically where he's been at. Same thing- if you need it done, get it done. I suppose he'll always come around more than Trammell because he has a place here still in Michigan I believe. Tram hasn't been here since 07 or 08. I wish somebody would bring him in.