mbrieve

Upcoming signings

What is the best pen to use if getting a baseball autographed and what is best to use on a tigers or lions mini helmet ?

I've always used the standard blue Bic pen. They aren't expensive, but the balls I've done with them have lasted for years-some almost 30 years old now.

I don't do mini helmets (at least not yet), so I can't really comment there, but I've seen promoters use silver and gold paint pens, probably SRX. But certainly others here with experience should comment on what's worked for them.

I've always used the standard blue Bic pen. They aren't expensive, but the balls I've done with them have lasted for years-some almost 30 years old now.

I don't do mini helmets (at least not yet), so I can't really comment there, but I've seen promoters use silver and gold paint pens, probably SRX. But certainly others here with experience should comment on what's worked for them.

The only thing I would add, make sure the baseball is a Rawlings Official Major League Baseball. All other baseballs you are wasting your time and money.

Agree- all my balls are official MLB. They aren't cheap, but the leather takes the signature, and more importantly, if you use the right pen, they usually last a very long time.

From working signings I can tell you the SRX or infinitys are the safest on MLB Mini helmets. My personal favorite is the Deco paint pens but you risk the person signing screwing it up.

For NFL minis blue or black sharpie.

Mark Salas

11/16/13

1pm to 3pm

$20.00 Any Item

MINNEAPOLIS SPORTS COLLECTIBLE CONVENTION

NOVEMBER 15 & 16, 2013

EARLE BROWN HERITAGE CENTER

6155 EARLE BRWON DRIVE

BROOKLYN CENTER, MN. 55430

Friday - Nov. 15th - 8pm to 10pm

Saturday - Nov. 16th - 9am to 9pm

http://www.sportsnewsshows.com/

Mark Salas

11/16/13

1pm to 3pm

$20.00 Any Item

NOVEMBER 15 & 16, 2013

6155 EARLE BRWON DRIVE

Sports News Productions

Or if you can't get to Minn., he will be at the White Sox/Tiger game this weekend, since he is one of the coaches. He is #59, and serves as their Bullpen Catcher. Other former Tigers, now White Sox coaches, are Jeff Manto (# 31) and Mark Parent (# 8). I have no idea how willing they are to sign at the game.

Mark Salas

11/16/13

1pm to 3pm

$20.00 Any Item

NOVEMBER 15 & 16, 2013

6155 EARLE BRWON DRIVE

Sports News Productions

$20 for Mark Salas?

$20 for Mark Salas?

I thought the same exact thing when I read that. Is he not a good TTM signer/doesn't do many appearances?

554635_656481567703824_1157644945_n.png

For those who did not see it on Facebook/online:

Gameday Detroit

about an hour ago near Hazel Park

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Nate Burleson event has been cancelled. We will notify everyone on any future events. We wish Nate a speedy recovery.

#LIONBLOOD #DETROITLIONS

For those who did not see it on Facebook/online:

Gameday Detroit

about an hour ago near Hazel Park

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Nate Burleson event has been cancelled. We will notify everyone on any future events. We wish Nate a speedy recovery.

#LIONBLOOD #DETROITLIONS

He broke his arm in a car crash.... his pizza was falling off the back seat and he tried to catch it. News story here ---> Detroit Lions WR Nate Burleson breaks arm in car crash - ESPN

MCSG signing. 10/7 GTC Macomb 2-4p

Danny Dekeyser $20 flats to 11x14 and Pucks. $25 everything else

Drew Miller $15 flats to 11x14 and pucks. $20 everything else

Stephen Weiss $25 flats to 11x14 and pucks. $30 everything else.

$5 off if you buy all three. $5 inscriptions. Pm me if you want mail order

@ gibraltar

NOVEMBER 9th - LOMAS BROWN

Taylor- 2013-11-09 TBA

MAIL ORDER & ADVANCE TICKETS CALL: 734-287-2000

’84 All-American at Florida; Detroit Lions Great; 7x Pro Bowler; 3x First Team All-Pro; Super Bowl Champ

--------------------

$25.00 – Any Item – Advance Ticket

(Includes 1-free inscription and photo with him

utilizing customer’s own camera or device)

--------------------

---------------

$30.00 – Any Item – Mail Order – Plus Shipping & Handling

(plus shipping & handling)

I always love stumbling across one of these random appearances. I actually have a friend who works in the Marketing Dept. at Mt. Brighton who helped tip me off.

MtBrightonLindseyVonnannouncement_zpsd7c98ceb.jpg

For those interested, here's the details:

WHO: Midwest-born Lindsey Vonn (Minnesota) is the most decorated ski racer in American history and representative for Vail Resorts (which now includes Mt. Brighton) and its Epic Pass™. Vonn is making a strong comeback after a serious injury, surgery and months of rehab and physical training.

“I grew up learning how to ski and being introduced to the sport of ski racing at a small ski hill in Minnesota, one very similar to Mt. Brighton. It never gets old for me to see the sparkle in a young skier’s eyes and talk to them about the sport of ski racing and how Mt. Brighton can be the foundation for their ski racing careers,” said Vonn. “I’ve heard a lot about the enthusiasm surrounding skiing in the Detroit area and look forward to my trip there this coming weekend.”

WHAT: Vonn is returning to the Midwest and Mt. Brighton to greet fans and aspiring ski racers, sign autographs, and talk about her “Epic” beginning and how any of the kids in the audience can also grow their talent to epic proportions with hard work and dedication.

Vonn’s visit to Mt. Brighton is Open to the Public! There is no charge for admission to the Oct. 5th event at Mt. Brighton, which also includes other family activities and light refreshments.

WHEN: Sat., Oct. 5, 2013

9:00 - 9:20 a.m. Vonn to visit with 50 ski racers from Mt. Brighton’s Team XLR8

9:20 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. Media interviews available by RSVP

10:00 a.m. Public event – Vonn to speak to fans on stage and sign autographs

WHERE: Mt. Brighton – 4141 Bauer Road, Brighton, MI 48116

^Nice price for Lou. I don't currently need him on anything, but would love to see Cecil Fielder and Alan Trammell in metro Detroit in the next 6-12 months.

Just wondering what the best way to take care of your autographed baseballs are?

99% UV resistant clear ball cubes is what I use. I have them back from the 80s and no problems. Having said that, I think 90% of the success rate is dependent on type of pen used.

99% UV resistant clear ball cubes is what I use. I have them back from the 80s and no problems. Having said that, I think 90% of the success rate is dependent on type of pen used.

YES!