mbrieve

Upcoming signings

They've had Hiller in both 2011 and 2012, so I wouldn't say he's all that rare. Comer hasn't been around in about 4 years, and before that not much at all, so that's probably one alot of folks need.

Hiller hasn't been around since 2011- he had emergency surgery in 2012 and had to cancel appearance. So for some of us it will be nice to see him again- glad he's still with us.

I remember when I was working on a few 68 Tigers pieces, Hiller and Comer were two of the last guys I needed to complete. My Wayne Comer SS baseball has toned very poorly, I may need to do a mail-in. I know Comer does TTM, but I have had issues with him not signing the sweetspot or using a black ballpoint...not worth the hassle.

Hiller hasn't been around since 2011- he had emergency surgery in 2012 and had to cancel appearance. So for some of us it will be nice to see him again- glad he's still with us.

I just remembered seeing the flyer that he was scheduled back in 2012...forgot that he actually cancelled it. I know he had heart issues back during his playing days, so very true, lucky he is still here. I had a nice conversation with him back in 2011-just a terrific guy. All of these guys are getting up there in age, so anybody you need for 68 is best obtained now. You just never know.

August 14th - Al Kaline at Ollie's Bargain Outlet In Filnt Michigan

Link---> Ollie's Bargain Outlet | "Good Stuff Cheap!"

Flint, MI - Grand Opening 8/14/13!

5038 Miller Rd Ste F, Flint, MI 48507

A new Ollie's Bargain Outlet is opening in Flint, MI on Wednesday, August 14st at 9am!

MLB Hall of Famer and former Detroit Tiger Al Kaline will be on site to celebrate!

You'll find thousands of bargains all under one roof and you'll save up to 70% off the fancy store prices on name brand merchandise.

Stop by and visit on Wednesday, August 14st! It's an event you won't want to miss!!!

PLEASE NOTE:

Tickets will be distributed at 7:30AM on Wed, Aug 14 for the Al Kaline autograph session at the new store in Flint!

Tickets are limited to ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY one (1) per customer. Autograph session will start at 10 AM.

Edited by KCFITZ78

August 14th - Al Kaline at Ollie's Bargain Outlet In Filnt Michigan

Link---> Ollie's Bargain Outlet | "Good Stuff Cheap!"

Flint, MI - Grand Opening 8/14/13!

5038 Miller Rd Ste F, Flint, MI 48507

A new Ollie's Bargain Outlet is opening in Flint, MI on Wednesday, August 14st at 9am!

MLB Hall of Famer and former Detroit Tiger Al Kaline will be on site to celebrate!

You'll find thousands of bargains all under one roof and you'll save up to 70% off the fancy store prices on name brand merchandise.

Stop by and visit on Wednesday, August 14st! It's an event you won't want to miss!!!

PLEASE NOTE:

Tickets will be distributed at 7:30AM on Wed, Aug 14 for the Al Kaline autograph session at the new store in Flint!

Tickets are limited to ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY one (1) per customer. Autograph session will start at 10 AM.

I attended Al's appearance at Ollie's in Fllint today. His signature was as classic as ever. Much different than the past couple I have receive through the mail.

I attended Al's appearance at Ollie's in Fllint today. His signature was as classic as ever. Much different than the past couple I have receive through the mail.

What a shame that he charges (cash only) to get his sig by mail but won't take the extra three seconds to give a clean autograph. Very disappointing...

Sign or don't sign TTM.

Charge or don't charge for your autograph.

But don't charge and give a bad auto.

You're better than that Mr. Tiger.

What a shame that he charges (cash only) to get his sig by mail but won't take the extra three seconds to give a clean autograph. Very disappointing...

Sign or don't sign TTM.

Charge or don't charge for your autograph.

But don't charge and give a bad auto.

You're better than that Mr. Tiger.

Completely agree. However, Ollie's pays their guests for these openings (and probably quite well), so that's why Al gave the good one today.

How was the attendance? I know for Gaylord Perry in Toledo, they were giving multiple tickets away to folks because they just didn't have the draw for him (which was fine with me since I needed him on multiple items). I am assuming it was a bit more packed for Al today....Flint is at the very edge of my travel radius for autographs (unless it's somebody we just never see around here). Couple that with it being in the middle of the week and that I've seen Al multiple times, it just didn't make sense for me. But a good freebie if you live in the area and had the time.

Tickets were limited to 250 and those were handed out at 7:30 AM and went quickly. I suspect 50 or so people were turned away. Signing was scheduled to start at 10 AM but when I walked in at 9:30 they had already started. One nice added thing is that the store had people willing to use your camera and take your picture with Al who took the time to stand and pose with people.

To bad I saw this day before. I am glad I was at least able to post the info for the Kaline signing on here. Really would have liked to go and get my Tiger Stadium Seatback signed, but would have had to take off work. Sounds like it was a great free signing. Congrats to those of you who attended.

Yeah, they did the picture thing for Gaylord Perry too. It was a nice touch. The Ollie's stores are a bit strange- kind of an odd assortment of stuff, closeouts, etc. However, as long as they continue to open stores with hall of famer free signings, I'll be happy. Unfortunately couldn't make Rollie Fingers a few months ago. Then the last two stores in the area had nascar drivers, so hopefully any more stores opening have a baseball Hofer signing. I see there is one opening next month in Saginaw, but I'm generally not willing to go quite that far for an autograph.

^This will be a zoo. Also, though not advertised, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a photocard, no outside items situation.

I agree on both points, mbrieve. Has anyone been to a valu land signing? Do they generally allow outside memorabilia (just curious). Even if they do generally allow it, I would be flabbergasted if they did for this one. There's no way Cabby does a free signing on any item when he charges the prices he does through DC. It's gotta be limited.

Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante

8/31 GTC Macomb. Times TBD

Anibal

$35 flats to 11x14 an balls

$40 all other flats and minis

$45 Everything Else

Omar Infante

$25 flats and balls

$30 everything else.

Email me if you can't make the show. I can take Discounted mail order.

Should be on GTC site in next day or two

Edited by gleng2

I see there is one opening next month in Saginaw, but I'm generally not willing to go quite that far for an autograph.
Send me the info on that when you see it please, I'll be in the area and if its someone worth my time, the drive wouldn't be too bad for me. ;)

Send me the info on that when you see it please, I'll be in the area and if its someone worth my time, the drive wouldn't be too bad for me. ;)

Here you go....here's the website. They usually update it and announce who will be signing about 2-3 weeks in advance of the store opening. Saginaw opens on 9/18.

Ollie's Bargain Outlet | "Good Stuff Cheap!"

^This will be a zoo. Also, though not advertised, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a photocard, no outside items situation.

Confirmed, I asked through facebook. No outside items, Valuland will be providing photos........

"Valu Land: Hello, Cabrera will not be signing items, there will be a photo there he will sign for you. Thank you!"

Menard's is opening a new store in Livonia and will have a lineup of signers next week. Each are signing from 6-8pm and the flyer indicates 2 autographs max Here's my photo evidence of the flyer I received in the mail today:

menards_zpsee8dbb1f.jpg

Chelios on Monday 8/26

Herman Moore on Wednesday 8/28

Horton on Thursday 8/29