mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Isn't that what dc did with verlander? I thought they had his exclusive rights for a period of time too, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

I thought JV was totally exclusive, not just exclusive to Michigan. Others have probably done it, I just thought the wording was funny. He can't do any other signings in Michigan, but if a promoter in Toledo wants to do a signing? Just found it odd.

Gotcha. I guess Fanaticu is bigger into football than the other promoters, so maybe it isn't all that surprising that they are the ones that got him. They are a bit random with their signings- if it isn't a football signing, they are very hit and miss. I do still remember that they were the first ones to have Zetterberg at a public signing during his rookie year in 2002. He was at the garden city store with Holmstrom. There must have been 800 people there. We were lined up several blocks down that residential side street next to their store. There was no policing of the lines, so people were cutting, starting arguments, etc. The police even showed up because it got so ridiculous. I remember I waited almost 4 hours for him that day. I swore I'd never go back to a fanaticu signing because of how poorly it was handled. I broke that rule for Brad Stuart before he left town, but otherwise he's the only one I've been to at their stores in 10+ years.

Gotcha. I guess Fanaticu is bigger into football than the other promoters, so maybe it isn't all that surprising that they are the ones that got him. They are a bit random with their signings- if it isn't a football signing, they are very hit and miss. I do still remember that they were the first ones to have Zetterberg at a public signing during his rookie year in 2002. He was at the garden city store with Holmstrom. There must have been 800 people there. We were lined up several blocks down that residential side street next to their store. There was no policing of the lines, so people were cutting, starting arguments, etc. The police even showed up because it got so ridiculous. I remember I waited almost 4 hours for him that day. I swore I'd never go back to a fanaticu signing because of how poorly it was handled. I broke that rule for Brad Stuart before he left town, but otherwise he's the only one I've been to at their stores in 10+ years.

The Andy Dirks signing in Garden City last year went pretty smooth in terms of them policing their lines. I think it might have been due to the low turnout though. Easy to police when you have 80 versus 800.

I think because that garden city store was such a little hole in the wall, they had a hard time really doing it right there. I haven't been there since they remodeled, so maybe it's better now. In over 12 years, it's still the only signing I've been to where the police have shown up. (admittedly, I was not at the Ron Leflore gibraltar signing where they led him away in handcuffs after for child support reasons).

I may. I've been there once before for Darren McCarty. They hardly ever do any signings so it's surprising that they are the ones that landed Trey. My guess is that unless he ends up a Piston, he'll be one of those Wolverines we'll never see around here again, so best to get him now.

Had a great turnout for Burke tonight. Easily 300 people showed up. Trey was awesome with the fans and they had it running pretty smoothly. Best of luck to him wherever he lands!

Good to hear. I didn't make it...got one of those looks from the wife...."you're going again?" "no honey, I'll pass" :disappnt:

DC Sports has added some signers to their upcoming Tiger signings.

Avisail Garcia will be joining Alex Avila next Thursday $20 Balls $30 Premiums

and Jhonny Peralta will be at the VMart/Infante Signing $30 Balls $40 Premiums

DC Sports has added some signers to their upcoming Tiger signings.

Avisail Garcia will be joining Alex Avila next Thursday $20 Balls $30 Premiums

and Jhonny Peralta will be at the VMart/Infante Signing $30 Balls $40 Premiums

Miguel Cabrera pricing aside...I feel the pricing for Alex Avila, Avisail Garcia, Omar Infante, Jhonny Peralta and Victor Martinez are all very fair. I'm feeling tempted to make the trip over from GR for Infante and Peralta.

The Cabrera pricing is completely nuts. I know I've been accused of being a DC defender...but his pricing very likely isn't dictated by DC. They've had the opportunity over the years to "price-up" various star players (Lidstrom is one that comes to mind) and they never did it. They always had Nick for between $40-$50 (even for his last signing when everyone knew he was going back to Sweden). That was pretty much his going rate for any signing. There are other examples as well. Which makes me believe that Mr. Cabrera is the one setting his market. I suppose when you do what he's done, you have every right to demand what you want, but boy, it is expensive. The good news is, if you go, the line should move, because there shouldn't be very many folks with multiples. I would submit that if you plan to have him ever sign anything for you, you might want to take this opportunity now, because as ridiculous as the pricing is, it could actually go a lot higher if he keeps performing at this level.

I agree the pricing on the others are relatively fair, although Martinez is a bit pricey. I actually thought Hunter was a bit high at $49, but the difference with him is the 9 gold gloves, so I suppose I can see that one.

Not bad considering Mickey Stanley was $20. Only $5 more for World Series MVP and a player that should be in HOF. Lolich has pretty much only doing 1 signing a year in the Detroit area. He has always been a little different about inscriptions-- I see the prices as him not wanting to do them much.

Not bad considering Mickey Stanley was $20. Only $5 more for World Series MVP and a player that should be in HOF. Lolich has pretty much only doing 1 signing a year in the Detroit area. He has always been a little different about inscriptions-- I see the prices as him not wanting to do them much.

I feel like Mickey has done multiple signings a year for the last few years and this is the first I've seen his rate this high with $15 more for inscriptions. The first time I met him was at Gibraltar maybe 15 years ago. It was a free signing...obviously times are a bit different now.

It has been a while since he did a public signing. Still a little surprised that it will cost $40 to get him to sign his name with WS MVP inscription. Like you stated, he has always hated doing the extra inscriptions. He also seems to love to screw with collectors (i.e. rolling balls back across the table, signing where he wants to sign, etc.). I will be interested on the turnout considering the price increase.

I though McLain at Gibraltar a few months back was high at $25 and he signs EVERYWHERE, but they had a good turnout for him. Denny is a little different with inscriptions, you almost have to ask him not to add it. I doubt we will ever again see a free guest at Gibraltar.

Well, I distinctly remember going to gibraltar once for a free Willie Horton signing. This is maybe 5-6 yrs ago. Willie had obviously been around a ton, so I broke my general rule of showing up well in advance to signings and I got there late, thinking no problem, I'll pop in and pop out. I got there maybe 45 minutes into the signing. There must have been 500 people still in line. One dude had about 15 bats- I'm not even sure how he held them all. The security guard told me not to even bother getting in line. The other free signing I went to there was for Fidrych. This is probably 10 years ago. It was the only time I ever remember the line going out into the general merchandise area of Gibraltar (outside the show area). They must have had 1500 people there. So based on those experiences, I'm fine with them not doing free signings. In general, unless they are not well advertised, involve really obscure guys that I need or I otherwise have very good reason to believe they will be lightly attended, I stay away from the freebies. I find I end up more frustrated with the waiting than what the "free" is worth.

I was just a bit surprised with Mickey's prices, because he's always been less than that and never such a high inscription charge. I'm done with Mickey so I won't be going, but I'll also be interested to hear what the turnout is too.

Edited by stanpapi

Pistons great Rick Mahorn will be signing autographs at the Swartz Creek Meijer store on Thursday June 6th from 6 to 7 pm. First 150 people in line get wristband that guarantees an autograph.

Peze, I wouldn't even bother. I've never gone, but everyone I've ever talked to about these say they are incredibly strict. Just their photo gets signed, nothing else. I don't bother with them for that reason.

Did the VFW have the august flyer out at the show last week? I was not able to go and haven't seen it posted here. I know they take July off- did anyone catch who the August guest(s) are?

Was the June show this past weekend or is it June 30th? I'm seeing conflicting reports online, there's a chance the show hasn't happened yet.

The June show was on june 2nd, the August show is on the 11th. They take July off.

Edited by stanpapi

First time poster, long time reader.

Doug Baker and Scott Earl will be in Redford August 11. I believe they will be there that Sunday from 11:30-1:30pm. As I recall, Baker's autograph is $8 and Earl's is $7.

First time poster, long time reader.

Doug Baker and Scott Earl will be in Redford August 11. I believe they will be there that Sunday from 11:30-1:30pm. As I recall, Baker's autograph is $8 and Earl's is $7.

Thanks Greg for posting and welcome to the board! Out of curiosity, how was the turnout for Maddox/Redmond when you went?