mbrieve

Upcoming signings

I saw the flyer for those two yesterday and I honestly did a double take. I didn't really recognize them at first either. I do sort of remember maddox from his time with the Mets at the end of his career, but not with the tigers. Redmond didn't register at all.

I give credit to mark for trying. I won't be getting these two, but at least he's starting to mix it up. It does get annoying for alot of us when the same guys keep repeating. I remember shaking my head about a year or two or go- I did a search on signingshotline, and DC actually had Ted Lindsay in FIVE times in a 12 month period. That's a bit much....

Hunter was nuts. I've not seen too many where they are out the door down that side hallway in Lakeside (Kaline, perhaps a few others). I got in line at about the halfway mark in the second tier line (i.e., at the break before you walk over by the escalator). Before the signing started they were out the mall door. When I got done, I walked out that door and they were still out to the door. Seems like they did pretty well, I saw alot of people with multiples. Didn't venture over to the other one at game day. Those guys were a bit too nondescript for me, although the price was right.

I will say, I thought they were a bit on the pricey side for Hunter. I would have expected maybe $40, not $49. But the guy is a 9X gold glove winner.

Edited by stanpapi

Ya Hunters price was too high. I just bought 4 Hunter baseballs. Two with Spider-Man inscribed. Paid $110 fit all of them. Would have cost me about $300 including the balls at Dc

Hunter was nuts. I've not seen too many where they are out the door down that side hallway in Lakeside (Kaline, perhaps a few others). I got in line at about the halfway mark in the second tier line (i.e., at the break before you walk over by the escalator). Before the signing started they were out the mall door. When I got done, I walked out that door and they were still out to the door. Seems like they did pretty well, I saw alot of people with multiples. Didn't venture over to the other one at game day. Those guys were a bit too nondescript for me, although the price was right.

I will say, I thought they were a bit on the pricey side for Hunter. I would have expected maybe $40, not $49. But the guy is a 9X gold glove winner.

Anybody go to Hunter at DC or Brayan Pena and Matt Tuiasosopo at Gameday? Just wondering how they did.

Hunter had a pretty big turnout. They had to add a switchback to the line and have it two rows deep. He was taking pictures for the first 40 minutes or so but it was taking too long so from that point they restricted it to kids only for pictures. He was super nice and gracious when signing for me.

The Gameday signing was alright. The line went around the inside of the store, I dont think at any point it reached out into the mall. They had a large selection of photos and balls for sale.Not sure if this was their first signing but I thought it went pretty well.

They were handing out flyers for the signing at Canterbury Village in June. The flyer confirmed the rumor that Jim Leyland will be there on Saturday. I dont even think the website has this info yet. Its unfortunate that the Canterbury signing with Leyland and Castillo is the same time as the DC signing with Infante and Vmart.

Hunter had a pretty big turnout. They had to add a switchback to the line and have it two rows deep. He was taking pictures for the first 40 minutes or so but it was taking too long so from that point they restricted it to kids only for pictures. He was super nice and gracious when signing for me.

The Gameday signing was alright. The line went around the inside of the store, I dont think at any point it reached out into the mall. They had a large selection of photos and balls for sale.Not sure if this was their first signing but I thought it went pretty well.

They were handing out flyers for the signing at Canterbury Village in June. The flyer confirmed the rumor that Jim Leyland will be there on Saturday. I dont even think the website has this info yet. Its unfortunate that the Canterbury signing with Leyland and Castillo is the same time as the DC signing with Infante and Vmart.

Gameday had a couple of signings last year. I remember Phil Coke and Willie Horton...might have had a few more. I thought the price for Hunter was about right. I think they will do well with VMart and Infante as well.

Gameday had a couple of signings last year. I remember Phil Coke and Willie Horton...might have had a few more. I thought the price for Hunter was about right. I think they will do well with VMart and Infante as well.

Might be a tough go with VMart & Infante-- same time as Leyland

I heard that DC is going to have Leyland in July. They were passing out a flyer at the Hunter signing but I didnt' catch the date and it's not up on their website yet. I didn't lay eyes on the flyer but the guy told somebody in front of me that it was in July. So I am assuming it is separate from the Canterbury signing in June.

I heard that DC is going to have Leyland in July. They were passing out a flyer at the Hunter signing but I didnt' catch the date and it's not up on their website yet. I didn't lay eyes on the flyer but the guy told somebody in front of me that it was in July. So I am assuming it is separate from the Canterbury signing in June.

I pick up a flyer at the Wednesday show for Canterbury in June and that is being run by Mark Dehem and Mark Irodinko from the Redford show- nothing to do with DC Sports. 1st I have heard about DC having him.

Yeah, I did a double take when I heard it. The guy was 3 or 4 people in front of me and I didn't get a good look at the flyer. But it was definitely leyland on it alone and they said July, not June. I knew they had nothing to do with Canterbury, so I think it is a separate signing.

Coming to Gibraltar.......

JUNE 15 - JASON HANSON

TAYLOR- 2013-06-15 11:00AM - 1:OOPM

MAIL ORDER & ADVANCE TICKETS CALL: 586-465-6440

RETIRED PLACEKICKER FOR THE DETROIT LIONS

----------------------------------------

$20.00 - ANY FLAT ITEM

$25.00 - ALL OTHER ITEMS

---------------------------------------

$5.00 PER INSCRIPTION

Edit: Per swaggasag, Gibraltar has changed the location to Taylor.

Edited by Dirk Diggler

Went to Gridiron Greats on Saturday. It probably wasn't the best idea to hold it in the same location as Comic Con. The place was so packed I know of several people who ended up going home after sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on Grand River for 30 minutes.

Overall it went pretty well, the only exception being Denny Mcclain who showed up well over 90 minutes late. Most of the guys were friendly and welcoming.

I did see some flyers for Leyland from DC Sports. They wont be having him in store, it was for a charity event "An evening with Jim Leyland" Minimum donation to get in is $100.

Went to Gridiron Greats on Saturday. It probably wasn't the best idea to hold it in the same location as Comic Con. The place was so packed I know of several people who ended up going home after sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on Grand River for 30 minutes.

Overall it went pretty well, the only exception being Denny Mcclain who showed up well over 90 minutes late. Most of the guys were friendly and welcoming.

I did see some flyers for Leyland from DC Sports. They wont be having him in store, it was for a charity event "An evening with Jim Leyland" Minimum donation to get in is $100.

I asked DC- NO guarantee he will sign-- guess I will have to get him at the Canterbury show. I would rather pay and get a sit down the way I want it than hoping for a rushed one at an $100 event.

Thanks, that solves the mystery on Leyland. I saw those flyers floating around at the Hunter signing but I had to leave right away after I got him, so I didn't get a chance to look at the flyer. Kind of crappy to have to go all the way to canterbury two days in a row if you want him and Whitaker. Too bad they couldn't do them on the same day. That's a hike for most people.

As to the gridiron show, I was all set to go but something came up at the last minute and I couldn't make it. I heard all the stories about the traffic situation. Very strange, because they've had comic con at the showplace on the same day as gridirons before (I distinctly remember walking in with a guy who was dressed as superman a year or two ago). There wasn't that kind of traffic issue before. I don't follow the comic scene, so maybe there was someone big there this year. But the fact that it dominated the news on TV and radio tells me that it might have been a good thing that I didn't get to go. What a mess.

Very strange, because they've had comic con at the showplace on the same day as gridirons before (I distinctly remember walking in with a guy who was dressed as superman a year or two ago). There wasn't that kind of traffic issue before. I don't follow the comic scene, so maybe there was someone big there this year. But the fact that it dominated the news on TV and radio tells me that it might have been a good thing that I didn't get to go. What a mess.

I'm not sure the reason, possibly Stan Lee, but they had 18,000 people show up on Saturday alone according to the freep. Last year they had 18,000 total over 3 days.

I'll give you two reasons, one was Stan Lee and the other main person was Norman Reedus (Boondock Saints and Walking Dead) He has a HUGE cult following from both characters. Lots of young girls. I worked a show in March and same thing with the crowd for him.

I will take both of you guys at your word. I honestly had to google both of those gentleman.

One thing I will say about the showplace in novi- it's certainly a place where a "national" type show could be had. Even if the national itself never comes here (and I doubt it ever will), it would seem that some promoters could get together and put on a first class regional type show there, similar to what mounted memories does in rosemont outside Chicago. This concept of the midwest sports collectors show that has happened a couple of times over the years is a small version of what could be done. It's not like a proper venue doesn't exist.

Is anybody going to the Trey Burke signing tomorrow in Farmington Hills? Sounds like a pretty good deal $45 for a future top 10 draft pick and a must have for any Michigan fan.

I will take both of you guys at your word. I honestly had to google both of those gentleman.

One thing I will say about the showplace in novi- it's certainly a place where a "national" type show could be had. Even if the national itself never comes here (and I doubt it ever will), it would seem that some promoters could get together and put on a first class regional type show there, similar to what mounted memories does in rosemont outside Chicago. This concept of the midwest sports collectors show that has happened a couple of times over the years is a small version of what could be done. It's not like a proper venue doesn't exist.

I too thought the Midwest Show concept was great, it was started by Mark Dehem, SCD did a 2 page spread about Mark and starting that show. It was the group of Mark, Steve from DC and Zac former DC. I was told Mark ended it due to internal conflicts. The new show he's doing in Canterbury is billed by the same name "Midwest Sports Collectors Show"

I hope it gets support and he continues to have more- great start with Leyland, Castillo & Whitaker.

West Michigan Lions fans:

Louis Delmas

Detroit Lions Safety

In-Store Signing at Legends Sports and Games in Grand Rapids

Saturday, June 19 from 1:00-2:30pm

$25 for flats smaller than 11x14

$30 for all other items

$5 inscriptions

Is anybody going to the Trey Burke signing tomorrow in Farmington Hills? Sounds like a pretty good deal $45 for a future top 10 draft pick and a must have for any Michigan fan.

I may. I've been there once before for Darren McCarty. They hardly ever do any signings so it's surprising that they are the ones that landed Trey. My guess is that unless he ends up a Piston, he'll be one of those Wolverines we'll never see around here again, so best to get him now.

For the lion and USC fans on the board...FanaticU has announced an exclusive 2 year deal with Reggie Bush (per their facebook page). Not really my thing, but I'm sure he'll draw some interest around town.

For the lion and USC fans on the board...FanaticU has announced an exclusive 2 year deal with Reggie Bush (per their facebook page). Not really my thing, but I'm sure he'll draw some interest around town.

I thought it was interesting that they signed him to "exclusively do all his Michigan signings" at Fanatic U. I hadn't seen anything like that before with exclusivity only in a select state.

I thought it was interesting that they signed him to "exclusively do all his Michigan signings" at Fanatic U. I hadn't seen anything like that before with exclusivity only in a select state.

Isn't that what dc did with verlander? I thought they had his exclusive rights for a period of time too, but maybe I'm wrong on that.