mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Thank you for posting these small private signings. This is the sort of thing that is easy to miss. Also, I never knew the story about his 1986 Topps card, so I googled it and found this youtube video:

Doug Flynn Interview about Signing His 1986 Topps Card.AVI - YouTube

I'm glad he is doing it for a good cause/charity, but it is still a little irritating that he refuses to sign the card unless for a ridiculous amount of money.

That explains why he never signed the Tiger card that I mailed him! However, I do have him on an '84 Topps Expos card.

I don't really understand why they don't just move it to Rock Financial or someplace like that. Oh well.

I agree. I actually posted a separate thread for this as well, but it got moved to the main page apparently (I barely go to the main page and figure there are a lot just like me). At any rate, I believe the renovations are only part of the reason for the cancellation. I think TigerFest is going to look a lot different if/when it returns in 2013. Based on the survey they sent out, they are definitely looking at the possibility of charging for autographs on top of admission price (possibly by station/table). Many other fanfests are run this way.

The Silverdome would have been a good alternate location, too, and its event calendar is wide open in January. Massive space, massive parking, maybe draw some people who don't usually drive downtown for it.

I'm actually completely fine with them charging extra. It will make it a lot faster. I've missed Verlander by minutes numerous times and it just kills me to see people walk away after getting him on posters, bent up baseball cards, $2 baseballs from walmart and t-shirts. By charging extra money, those people likely won't spend extra.

I'm actually completely fine with them charging extra. It will make it a lot faster. I've missed Verlander by minutes numerous times and it just kills me to see people walk away after getting him on posters, bent up baseball cards, $2 baseballs from walmart and t-shirts. By charging extra money, those people likely won't spend extra.

At D-Backs Fan Fest they tell you who is at each table and when. Then you can purchase tickets for $5 per table, first come, first served. You are limited to purchasing tickets to 4 tables. Then they also have guys signing for kids for free. Works out REALLY well. They mix the star players with popular coaches and you are able to get a good amount of desirable players.

This is precisely why I have never attended tigerfest. It's simply not worth it to me to line up for hours in the hopes of getting just one of the higher end players, only to end up with Danny Worth. If they used some intelligence like the other teams do and organized it better it would be a much better experience. I've heard lots of horror stories about it over the years. Hopefully they will figure it out and make some improvements.

I don't see it happening under the DD regime. For some reason they have never been too concerned with the autographing aspect. I could see them doing away with the "autograph" part of fanfest, before I could see them really embracing it and getting organized. They attempted a fanfest in Lakeland a few years back during ST and it was a complete cluster. They sold way to many tickets, didn't have the players organized and then blamed the chaos on "dealers paying kids". They haven't tried it since.

The Rays announce who is signing and at what times, days in advance. They had like 4-5 tables. They put all the stars at table 1, prospects at table 2, coaches at table 3 etc. This way if you were in line for Longoria and didn't get to him before his time ran out, you ended up with Price or another star instead of some random guy. So you could decide up front whether you wanted to spend all day in line for one "star" or bounce around and get a bunch of average guys. I thought it worked out well.

There is a link on the DC sports website for Denny Mclain on January 28th. It's under their upcoming signings link but no info is there yet. Not sure if it's in Novi or Lakeside. Interesting little spoiler place on their site...heh.

They have updated the link with his usual charge of $15 for ball or flat and $20 for a premium. But if you can wait. Denny is scheduled to be at Lee High School on February 25th. There is no time or price listed yet but the last 2 years they were charging only $5. I went last year and the line was long with lots of people having lots of items.

There is a link on the DC sports website for Denny Mclain on January 28th. It's under their upcoming signings link but no info is there yet. Not sure if it's in Novi or Lakeside. Interesting little spoiler place on their site...heh.

They have updated the link with his usual charge of $15 for ball or flat and $20 for a premium. But if you can wait. Denny is scheduled to be at Lee High School on February 25th. There is no time or price listed yet but the last 2 years they were charging only $5. I went last year and the line was long with lots of people having lots of items.

That's true, and a great deal for folks on the west side of the state. But considering I'd blow the difference in gas getting there, I will opt for the DC sports convenience....:nervous:

Former Detroit Lions Pete Chryplewicz, Scott Kowalkowski, Ron Rice, Cory Schlesinger will be at Fanatic U in Fraser on Friday January 6 from 6:30-8:00. You can get one autograph free with any purchase, or all four with any purchase of $20 or more.

Bobby's Autographs | Facebook

Whoops, found another one

MOTOR CITY SPORTS GALLERY SIGNING ANNOUNCEMENT:

Potential HOF inductee and former Steelers RB Jerome Bettis, Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns and Emanuel Steward will be signing autographs Saturday March 10, 2012 at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens. Thomas Hearns will be inducted into the boxing HOF in 2012. We will announce pricing in the near future.

Per the flyer at today's VFW show, Larry Herndon will be at the Redford VFW on Sunday, Feb. 5th, noon-2pm. Price is $20 any item, $5 for inscriptions.

Here are some Tiger signings posted on SCN. If anyone wants more info on any of them, let me know and I'll pm you the contact info. I'll be sending in for Moore.

Jon Matlack 1/19 cards $10

Gary Sheffield 1/22 cards $59

Ben Oglivie end-January cards $10

Jim Slaton end-January cards $5

Mike Moore 2/2 cards $8

Storm Davis 3/15 cards $6

Brian Harper 5/20 cards $6

For anyone working on '68 WS projects:

3/9

Bob Gibson cards $40

Lou Brock cards $40

Red Schoendienst cards $20

Is there a website for the VFW shows?

This thread is as close as you will get. Mark does send out an email to his mailing list, but it usually comes only a couple days before the show. Just keep checking this thread.

mbrieve is right on that. Basically the only way you know is to go to the show and get his flier for the next month. It is typically on signings hotline as well. In some cases if he is only having one guest, he has added a second guess very late (as with McCarty last week- he was added about a week before the show).

I'll also add that Bobby has a facebook page that tracks local signings and he should have most of the VFW shows on it as well

Thanks guys, very helpful. I live in Indianapolis so as much notice as I can get is always helpful when I see a autograph opportunity that I want/need. I just stumbled onto this site, glad I did, looks like a good source for info.

Chris Potter Sports has a list of new private signings on SCN with a 3/2 deadline and 4/10 return. You can get the details on their web site once they're posted there. Here are the Tigers that I spotted on a quick scan - there may be more that I missed.

Mike Marshall ($185 cards, more for premium items)

Dean Chance

Jim Perry

Sal Butera

Orlando Pena

Luis Pujols

Lou Sleater

Ray Narleski

Dickie Noles

Joe Oliver

Tom Timmermann

Larry Parrish

Dick Gernert