mbrieve

Upcoming signings

So he's embarrassed? injured? rude? all of the above???

I think he broke a finger.

I think the answer to #2 may have something to do with how quick that first signing sold out.

From Legends facebook:

"Big News!!! We have confirmed that both Brandon Pettigrew and Lawrence Jackson of the Detroit Lions will be at our Grand Rapids location on Tuesday December 13th for an autograph session. We'll have complete details with pricing in just a few days."

Goalies Den has Zetterberg

Henrik Zetterberg In-Store Signing

Sunday, December 11, 2011

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

No credit cards accepted for autograph ticket sales.

Cash, check or money order only

$40.00 per autograph for flats up to 11x14, mini helmets, and pucks

$50.00 per autograph for 16x20 flats, large items, jerseys, sticks, and equipment

$10 per inscription up to 5 words

All the proceeds from autograph sales go to the family of Brad McCrimmon

We accept mail orders and drop-offs:

Drop-off Charge: $5.00 per item autographed (this is if you cannot make it to the signing and would like us to take your item through the line.)

Mail-Order Charge: $5.00 per item autographed plus shipping, please call us at (248)-680-9766 or email us at goaliesden@sbcglobal.net for a quote on shipping.

We will have photos, pucks, mini helmets, and jerseys for sale.

---------------------------------------------------------------

1977 E. WATTLES RD.

TROY, Michigan 48085

248-680-9766

Barry Sanders just announced via Twitter that he has been added to the Gibraltar line-up on Saturday, December 17. He now joins former Lions Eric Hipple, Greg Landry and Luther Bradley. No word on pricing, but past events with Barry have been expensive.

Barry Sanders prices are on Gibraltar's site:

$99.00 - Flat (up to 11x14) - Advance Ticket

$129.00 - 16x20/Mini - Advance Ticket

$159.00 - Helmet/Football/Jersey/Litho/Art - Advance Ticket

$50.00 per inscription

It's high, but it's the exact same pricing as I've seen for him at other shows. I think that's about the best pricing as you will find for Barry signing.

Barry Sanders prices are on Gibraltar's site:

$99.00 - Flat (up to 11x14) - Advance Ticket

$129.00 - 16x20/Mini - Advance Ticket

$159.00 - Helmet/Football/Jersey/Litho/Art - Advance Ticket

$50.00 per inscription

It's high, but it's the exact same pricing as I've seen for him at other shows. I think that's about the best pricing as you will find for Barry signing.

That's in the ballpark of what he was in Chicago at the Mounted Memories show this past weekend. Except they were $20 cheaper for helmets, jerseys etc. Inscription charge was basically the same. You won't find him cheaper in my experience.

That's in the ballpark of what he was in Chicago at the Mounted Memories show this past weekend. Except they were $20 cheaper for helmets, jerseys etc. Inscription charge was basically the same. You won't find him cheaper in my experience.

I agree, that is definitely the going rate for him. All of the modern superstar/HOF football players seem to go for a premium like Sanders.

Nothing is worse than Emmit Smith though. He was signing at the football HOF for something like $249 for flats. I'm sure there was at least one schmuck who paid that, though. Makes Barry look like a bargain.

Appearing at the Goalies Den

CHRIS CHELIOS

Appearing: Saturday, December 3rd, 2011

Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm

$30.00 for flats up to 11x14 and pucks

$40.00 for 16x20 and larger flats, large items, jerseys, sticks and equipment

$10.00 for inscriptions up to 5 words

we accept mail orders and drop-offs:

Drop-Off Charge: $5.00 per item autographed (this is if you cannot make it to the signing and would like us to take your item through the line.)

Mail-Order Charge: $5.00 per item autographed plus shipping, please call us at 248-680-9766 or email us at goaliesden@sbcglobal.net for a quote on shipping.

HENRIK ZETTERBERG

Appearing: Sunday, December 11th, 2011

Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00pm

$40.00 per autograph for flats up to 11X14, mini helmets and pucks

$50.00 per autograph for 16X20 and larger flats, large items, jerseys, sticks and equipment

$10.00 per inscription up to 5 words

No credit cards accepted for autograph ticket sales

Cash, check or money order only

All proceeds from autographs sales go to the family of Brad McCrimmon

We accept mail orders & drop-offs:

Drop-off Charge: $5.00 per item autographed (this is if you cannot make it to the signing and would like us to take your item through the line.)

Mail-Order: Add $5.00 per item autographed plus shipping, please call us at 248-680-9766 or e-mail us at goaliesden@sbcglobal.net for a quote on shipping.

GORDIE HOWE

Appearing: Sunday, December 18, 2011

Time: 1pm to 5pm

Ticket A: $100.00 (photos, pucks, McFARLANE figurines, other small items)

Ticket B: $125.00 Multi-Signed Jersey/Equipment

Ticket C: $250.00 Single-Signed Jersey

Ticket D: $250.00 + Tax Northland Hockey Stick (hockey stick is included)

Ticket E: $250.00 Production Line/Gretzky Howe Photos

Each ticket is for one autograph.

Drop off charge: $5.00 per item autographed (this is if you can not make it to the signing and would like us to take your item through the line.)

We will have photos, pucks, mini helmets, jerseys & sticks for sale.

Nick Lidstrom is doing a private signing with DC Sports. $40 for pucks and flats up to 11x14's. $50 for anything else. $15 inscriptions. You need to get your items in by January 10th.

Also, Willie Horton and Dan Petry will be at Gibraltar on December 18th. Horton is $10 and Petry is $6. It's the same weekend as the Barry Sanders signing, but on Sunday.

I'm thinking about going to the Barry Sanders signing at Gibraltar. Do you think getting an advance ticket is necessary? If so, how does that work (is it mailed to me, or do I pick it up at the show, ect.)?

When I have purchased an advance ticket I picked it up at the show from the person selling the tickets. It works great if there is a big crowd and they have different lines based on ticket number, i.e. 1-50, 50-100, etc.

I'd buy one in advance if I were you. I bought some the day of for Lance Parrish and it was a nightmare. I waited in line to purchase/get autograph for about 2 hours.

A couple new upcoming Tiger private signings have been posted on SCN: Doug Flynn and Storm Davis. Those of us hoping to get our Flynn '86 Topps Tiger cards signed finally can........ for $400.

Quotes:

DOUG FLYNN PRIVATE SIGNING

CINCINNATI REDS, NY METS, MONTREAL EXPOS, TEXAS RANGERS, DETROIT TIGERS

2 X WORLD CHAMPION CINCINNATI REDS 1975, 1976

GOLD GLOVE 1980

TOPPS 76-86, DONRUSS 81-85, FLEER 81-85

Mr. Flynn has not signed his mail since 2004

Mr. Flynn has told us that he will only sign his 1986 topps card for his charity. He requests the check to be made out to Childrens Charity Fund of the Blue Grass for 400.00

Our Reds, Mets, Rangers, Expos, Tigers 8x10 15.00

Our M.L. Baseball 35.00

Your Baseball 25.00

Your Card 10.00

Your Flat up to 11x14 15.00

Your Bulky Item 25.00

Inscriptions 5.00

Ordering instructions: Your SASE or returned shipping is fine. All other items add $6.00 for small items and $10.00 for bulky items.

Send all payments to:

ALL STAR CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES

4290 SOUTH UNIVERSITY DRIVE

DAVIE,FL 33328

Phone: 954 577-0247

CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED

Email: Signatures4u@aol.com

or allstarfan007@aol.com

The signing will take place March 5th and all items must be received by January 9th, 2012.

STORM DAVIS PRIVATE SIGNING

BALTIMORE ORIOLES, OAKLAND A'S, K.C. ROYALS, DETROIT TIGERS, SAN DIEGO PADRES

2 X WORLD SERIES CHAMPION 1983 BALTIMORE ORIOLES, 1989 OAKLAND A'S

1988 A.L. COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR

TOPPS 83-94, DONRUSS 83-93, FLEER 83-95, UPPER DECK 89-93, SCORE 89-93

Your Card 6.00

Our Orioles, A's, Royals, Padres,Tigers 8x10 15.00

Our M.L. Baseball 30.00

Your Baseball 20.00

Your Flat up to 11x14 12.00

Your Bulky Item 25.00

Inscriptions 5.00

Ordering instructions: Your SASE or returned shipping is fine. All other items add $6.00 for small items and $10.00 for bulky items.

Send all payments to:

ALL STAR CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES

4290 SOUTH UNIVERSITY DRIVE

DAVIE,FL 33328

Phone: 954 577-0247

CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED

Email: Signatures4u@aol.com

or allstarfan007@aol.com

The signing will take place March 5th and all items must be received by March 1st, 2012.

Fanatic U has announced two Lions signings. Both Free with purchase of anything basically

over a quarter.

From facebook:

"We're letting the cat out of the bag to you, our Facebook fans AGAIN!, Kevin Smith of the DETROIT LIONS will be signing autographs at our new location in Fraser on December 22nd at 6:30pm! This is going to be a FREE signing with purchase of .30 cents or more! AND ALPHONSO SMITH (2 INTERCEPTIONS SUNDAY, One a pick six!)will be at Fanatic U Fraser on December 20th 6:30pm! This also will be a FREE signing with a purchase of .27 cents or more. One autograph per time through the line, more details to come."

Thank you for posting these small private signings. This is the sort of thing that is easy to miss. Also, I never knew the story about his 1986 Topps card, so I googled it and found this youtube video:

Doug Flynn Interview about Signing His 1986 Topps Card.AVI - YouTube

I'm glad he is doing it for a good cause/charity, but it is still a little irritating that he refuses to sign the card unless for a ridiculous amount of money.

Those Smith and Smith signings are nice - if the dates were between Xmas and NY, I'd think about driving over.

When I first read the Flynn info, I thought it said $40, which I would have done since that card has been impossible to get signed. But I don't think he'll get too many takers at $400 - just the really hardcore '86 set builders who are down to that last one. It is good that it's for a charity, but he would make more for the charity in volume if he'd drop the price under $100, at least.

I wonder if he'd sign a photo of the card or a custom '86 design card.