mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Gates Brown will be joining John Hiller at the next VFW show on 10/9, per their flier.

Did they give times and prices for the "Gator"? I believe I read somewhere that Hiller would be there from 11-1 and would cost $10 for any item.

Detroit City Sports

Other upcoming signings include Louis Delmas Sept 26, Ndamukong Suh October 24, Matthew Stafford November 14, Stephen Tulloch, and a few other surprises!

Here is the current list of SCN signings for players with Detroit and/or Michigan connections. If anyone wants more detail on any of them, let me know and I'll post it. I'm happy to see the Hunter signing - I don't know recall seeing one before.

* Jack Morris 10/1

* Frank Howard 10/1

* Eddie Robinson 10/1

* Denny McLain 10/1

* Rudy Tomjanovich 10/7

* Magic Johnson 10/8

* Howard Johnson 10/22

* Ray Knight 10/22

* Andy Van Slyke 10/23

* Whitey Herzog 10/23

* Tom Paciorek 10/23

* Paul Foytack 10/24

* Brian L. Hunter 11/16

* John Smoltz 11/18

* Gordie Howe 11/19

Link ---> Player Appearances | tigers.com: Community

Meet Jose Valverde, Tuesday, September 27

Tigers All-Star closer Jose Valverde will greet fans and sign autographs at Walmart in Southgate (14900 Dix Toledo Road) on Tuesday, September 27 from 12pm-1pm. Jose will autograph complimentary photocards for fans at this appearance. No other items will be signed.

*Player subject to change. Presence at store during posted time does not guarantee an autograph. One autograph per person.

This looks like a really cool event and I'd be all over it with my family if we lived in the area. And autographs, too!

Lions DT Andre Fluellen Hosting Kids Amazing Race Event, Saturday October 15

Lions DT Andre Fluellen Hosting Kids Amazing Race Event, Saturday October 15

Detroit, MI, September 29, 2011; Lions defensive lineman Andre Fluellen will host the Detroit leg of the Kids Amazing Race on Saturday, October 15,2011 at Willow Metropark in New Boston. The Kids Amazing Race is an annual family friendly race being conducted in various NFL cities that is aimed encouraging families to focus on health and fitness by engaging in physical activity together.

Patterned after the popular television show, teams of two people (kids or parent/child) race against other teams around a 2k (1 mile ) cross country course that includes up to 8 fun-filled stations. Past races have included fun tasks such as running bases blindfolded, sponge & bucket relay, football catching, three legged race, casting fishing rods, word find with binoculars, to name a few. The team that completes the tasks and reaches the finish line with the fastest overall time is declared the winner!

The race is for everyone - boys and girls ? runners and walkers - pee wees to adults. The day will kick off at 1:00 p.m. with a Kids Amazing Race for kids in grades 1-6. At 2:30 p.m., the Open Amazing Race will take place for kids in grades 7 & up and parent/child teams.

At 4:00 p.m.the Victory After-Party inclusive of food and drinks will be held. All participants will have opportunity to get autographs and take photos with the Andre and his Lions teammates.

Prizes will be awarded to the 6 division winners: Pee Wee (Grades 1-3), Midgets (Grades 4-6), Juniors (Grades 7-9), Varsity (Grades 10 & older), Mom/Child team, and Dad/Child team. There are spots for only 50 teams in each race and participants are encouraged to register early.

The overall goal of the race is to encourage families to engage in physical activity each day: a total of 60 minutes for kids, 30 minutes for adults, as promoted in Michelle Obama's Let's Move and NFL Play 60 initiatives. The course layout is spectator friendly, to encourage family and friends to come cheer on our fierce competitors.

This is a rain or shine event. To register or for more information, go to The Official Homepage of Andre Fluellen.

About Andre

Andre is a graduate of Cartersville HS (GA) and was a football star at Florida State University. He currently plays for the Detroit Lions.

About Flying Colors Sports

Flying Colors Sports (FCS) is an athlete marketing agency that serves pro athletes all over the country. For inquiries and interviews, contact Greg Benton at gbenton@flyingcolorssports.com or 513.518.0528. Visit Flying Color Sports Network

GMC Monday Night Football Tour

Saturday, 10/08/2011, 10:00am-7:00pm

Sunday, 10/09/2011, 12:00pm-6:00pm

The Mall at Partridge Creek

17420 Hall Rd

Clinton Township, MI 48038

Here's another Lions event this upcoming weekend for the Monday Night Football Tour. It looks like you have to register to get info on which players are participating - since I can't go, I won't be registering. If anyone does, please post the schedule here. The Tampa signing schedule this past weekend was really good (current and past players) so I'm curious to learn what Lions are going to be there. For reference, this was the Bucs' list:

Saturday, 10/1, 10am - 7pm

Steve DeBerg: 2pm-3pm

Mike Williams: 4pm-5pm

Arrelious Benn: 5pm-6pm

Sunday, 10/2, 12pm - 6pm

Gerald McCoy: 12pm-1pm

Mike Alstott: 2pm-3pm

LeGarrett Blount: 5pm-6pm

Quote:

The best way to get ready for Monday Night Football? Start on Saturday.

How about Saturday at 10:00am or Sunday at noon? It's the kickoff of your town's Monday Night Football game — two-days of non-stop action leading up to Monday night.

Register now and come see if you have what it takes to measure up to the pros. Meet NFL greats, past and present. Test your skills in the Combine Challenge. And get behind the wheel of a GMC, The Official Vehicle of the NFL.

Register now to experience what professional grade is all about:

Exclusive Player Appearances: meet NFL greats

Virtual Broadcast Booth: try your hand at being a sports anchor with Mike Tirico

Combine Challenge: see if you have what it takes to make the cut with pro-style drills

PRO GRADE prizes: get the chance to win Monday Night Football tickets, signed memorabilia and more

GMC test drives: get behind the wheel of a GMC — the official vehicle of the NFL. Choose Acadia, Yukon, Terrain, or Sierra and experience professional grade engineering first-hand.

A couple of 1984 Tigers coming to Gibraltar Trade Center Thanksgiving Weekend:

Jack Morris

Taylor- Saturday November 26th, 2011 1:00-3:00

MAIL ORDER & ADVANCE TICKETS CALL: 734-287-2000

1984 DETROIT TIGERS WORLD SERIES CHAMPION

$20.00 Ball/Flat (up to 11x14)

$30.00 Other Items

$10.00 EACH INSCRIPTION

Lance Parrish

$30.00 Other Items

$10.00 EACH INSCRIPTION

I don't know if anyone else on the collecting forum lives in the Chicago area, but we have a rare opportunity to meet a current Detroit player next week. I have a schedule conflict that I'm going to try hard to work around and attend. Leshoure has some nice Lions cards, including one in the base 2011 Topps set. No info on preventing bringing your own stuff to get signed, so I assume it's allowed. I've never been to a free Chicago area signing where you couldn't bring your own items, unlike what you guys are faced with a lot it seems in Detroit.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Event: Mikel Leshoure (Lions)

Where: AT&T Retail Store - 3034 West Illinois Route 60 (Mundelein, IL)

Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Import this event into your Outlook calendar

Come hang out with ESPN Chicago and meet NFL player Mikel Leshoure!

Join ESPN Chicago and NFL player Mikel Leshoure at the AT&T store in Mundelein on October 14 from 5-8 p.m.

College football fans, prepare for excessive celebration! The Touchdown in Paradise Tailgate Tour is coming to Chicago!

You're invited to the AT&T Store in Mundelein to revel in food, drinks, games and giveaways -- the ultimate tailgating party!

The Touchdown in Paradise event will feature a special appearance by Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure, who also played for the Fighting Illini. Leshoure was the MVP of a college bowl game last year and was also named as a 2nd team All-American.

Join the Touchdown in Paradise Tailgate Tour and score your chance to win a trip to Disney's new Aulani resort in Hawaii and other great prizes from AT&T U-Verse and ESPN. Stop by the AT&T store, meet Mikel Leshoure and get pumped up for the big Illinois vs. Ohio State game on ESPN!

Edited by Los Gatos

Here's the Lions schedule for my MNF post above. Super names. The place could be bedlam with how hot the Lions are.

Saturday

Jahvid Best (3-4pm),

Brandon Pettigrew (4-5pm) and

Stephen Tulloch (5-6pm)

Sunday

Nate Burleson (1-2pm),

Louis Delmas (3-4pm) and

Herman Moore (5-6pm)

A couple of 1984 Tigers coming to Gibraltar Trade Center Thanksgiving Weekend:

Lance Parrish

$30.00 Other Items

$10.00 EACH INSCRIPTION

Anybody able to help out with this signing? PM me. Thanks!

Filled out their online form. Was told I'd be receiving a confirmation. Never heard from them.

Here's the Lions schedule for my MNF post above. Super names. The place could be bedlam with how hot the Lions are.

Saturday

Jahvid Best (3-4pm),

Brandon Pettigrew (4-5pm) and

Stephen Tulloch (5-6pm)

Sunday

Nate Burleson (1-2pm),

Louis Delmas (3-4pm) and

Herman Moore (5-6pm)

Filled out their online form. Was told I'd be receiving a confirmation. Never heard from them.

That stinks. Someone posted on scn that they had a good time at the event both days, fast lines and multiple autos from all the players.

Anybody able to help out with this signing? PM me. Thanks!

I sent you a PM, haven't heard back...

Anybody from West Michigan: I'm kicking around the idea of attending the Gibraltar Trade Center signing on November 26. I need Parrish on my 84 Tigers ball, but I'm having trouble justifying $30 in gas for one $20 autograph. If anybody from West Michigan needs Jack Morris or Lance Parrish, I'm willing to take your items for $10, whether you need one or multiple (mail order is $5 plus shipping both ways, so it will cost you less than mail order). Just trying to defray the cost of gas. Shoot me a PM if you would be interested.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Event: Mikel Leshoure (Lions)

Where: AT&T Retail Store - 3034 West Illinois Route 60 (Mundelein, IL)

Time: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

The Leshoure event has been rescheduled for Friday, November 18th.

Event: Matthew Stafford Signing

Date: Tuesday, Oct 18th

Time: 6:30pm-8:00pm

Location: Fanatic U Southfield,15526 W. 12 Mile rd. Southfield, MI 48076

Details: The Matthew Stafford signing will take place on Tuesday, October 18th from 6:30pm-8pm at our Southfield location.

Event: Stefan Logan & Maurice Stoval Signing

Date: Thursday, October 20th

Time: 6:30pm-8:00pm

Location: Fanatic U Garden City, 30409 Ford Rd. Garden City, MI

Details: The Stefan Logan & Maurice Stoval signing will take place on Thursday, October 20th from 6:30pm-8pm at our Garden City location. Tickets are $10 for one player’s autograph or $18 for both.

Fanatic U | Everything for the Fanatic YOU

Did anybody find out who and when is signing at the next Redford show?

Mark sent me an email stating the Tom Matchick and Frefd lasher would be at the November 13th show. He didn't give the times or prices. If anyone has that info I would be interested.

The flier at the show for next month says noon-2pm for both. Matchick is $7 any item, Lasher is $10

The flier at the show for next month says noon-2pm for both. Matchick is $7 any item, Lasher is $10

Hello; new to the forum. I enjoy getting signing information from this board.

In addition to Lasher and Matchick Nov 13 at the Redford VFW, former 1968 Detroit Tiger Coach Hal Naragon is signing from 11 am-1 pm. I received a flyer from one of the vendors at the show. $7.00 for any item.

In addition to coaching the Tigers, Naragon played for the Cleveland Indians, Washington Senators and Minnesota Twins.