mbrieve

Upcoming signings

I have heard through various sources that DC Sports has been trying to get Tram. Not sure about Parrish, but I don't recall his so called "asking price" to be out of line in the past. Bruce Mugerian has also had Tram and Parrish over the last couple of years, so he may be working on one or both as well. Since both of them have not participated in the 25th anniversary signing events over the last several months, I would assume one of the promoters will try to make it happen. Unfortunately with Tram, they need to do it quick. Has to be either before spring training starts or right after camp breaks yet before the season opens (probably a window of a couple of days).

This just seems too good to be true. Free autos, free parking, $5 entry. I'm leaning towards driving over for it but I wish they'd post the signing times for everyone.

Tigers:

Dan Petry

Dave Bergman

Scott Lusader

Larry Pashnick

Lions:

Calvin Johnson

Charlie Sanders

Lem Barney

Zack Follett

Pistons:

John Long

Rick Mahorn

Don Reid

Red Wings:

Darren McCarty

John Ogrodnick

Eddie Mio

Mike Krushelnyski

Great Lakes Loons Tigers Legends Series

Thursday, June 3 - Cecil Fielder Bobblehead Giveaway

Thursday, June 17 - Mickey Lolich* Appearance

Thursday, July 8 - Willie Horton* Appearance

Thursday, July 22 - Bill Freehan Bobblehead Giveaway

Thursday, August 19 - Darrell Evans* Appearance

Thursday, September 2 - Norm Cash Bobblehead Giveaway

*Player Scheduled To Appear. Dates and appearances are subject to change

I'm not sure what I'm going to get to myself, but expect the lines to be just short enough to get through twice.

This just seems too good to be true. Free autos, free parking, $5 entry. I'm leaning towards driving over for it but I wish they'd post the signing times for everyone.

Tigers:

Dan Petry

Dave Bergman

Scott Lusader

Larry Pashnick

Lions:

Calvin Johnson

Charlie Sanders

Lem Barney

Zack Follett

Pistons:

John Long

Rick Mahorn

Don Reid

Red Wings:

Darren McCarty

John Ogrodnick

Eddie Mio

Mike Krushelnyski

Wow...this is a pretty sweet deal. I am going to have to keep my eyes on this one.

Wow...this is a pretty sweet deal. I am going to have to keep my eyes on this one.

Coming up quick - this Saturday. We're heading over to Detroit tomorrow and making a weekend out of it.

i would be willing to help out with the tigers bobble heads from the great lakes loons games. if anyone needs them.

My guess is that Kaline's prices are steep. DC is setting it up well "rare public signing". Probably at least $50/per.

My guess is that Kaline's prices are steep. DC is setting it up well "rare public signing". Probably at least $50/per.

That is my thinking as well. Unless you need him on a team-signed or oversize item, I would suggest TTM.

OK so heres in my opinion of Mr.Tiger Al Kaline, I will never again pay 10$ for his auto TTM. When I was at spring training I was so excited when he walked up I never knew how much of a *#*^ he was.! His auto looks nothing like if he did it at a signing it was literally a scribble he threw a pen at an older guy b.c he asked him to sign 2 items just wrote AL on a ball for someone that asked him to put H.O.F and smered another guys ball for asking the same thing. He would even say hi just mumbled to himself about how he were all idiots. I know he gets asked for autos all the time but if he didnt wanna do it he could just say no . but he was a miserable old man! lost all respect for him!

OK so heres in my opinion of Mr.Tiger Al Kaline, I will never again pay 10$ for his auto TTM. When I was at spring training I was so excited when he walked up I never knew how much of a *#*^ he was.! His auto looks nothing like if he did it at a signing it was literally a scribble he threw a pen at an older guy b.c he asked him to sign 2 items just wrote AL on a ball for someone that asked him to put H.O.F and smered another guys ball for asking the same thing. He would even say hi just mumbled to himself about how he were all idiots. I know he gets asked for autos all the time but if he didnt wanna do it he could just say no . but he was a miserable old man! lost all respect for him!

Sadly, this is common knowledge about good ol' Mr. Tiger. He is very personable and nice at paid signings (I have attended two - one in the early-90's and one last year). But if you are unfortunate enough to meet up with him at spring training or out on the town, he can be a nightmare.

I'm not going to pretend to know what his deal is, but it probably has to do with being a public figure for over 50 years, not making near the money that today's players do (let's face it, he would have been a $20 million a year guy), and what he sees as people taking advantage of his kindness when giving his autograph in public.

I read an article a couple of years ago where Kaline stated that now that he is getting older, he can't remember names and faces as good, and it really upset him that people took advantage of his kindess by double-dipping (both IP and TTM).

Again, not defending the behavior, but I have only had good experiences with him, albeight they were paid experiences :silly: Also, $10-$20 is still one heck of a deal for Mr. Tiger.

We had the exact opposite experience at Spring Training a couple weeks back. We had seats in the front row and when he walked to the dugout my wife asked him to sign a ball for her. He came over and not only signed for her, but also signed two baseballs for my mom. All three signatures looked great and he chatted for a minute before continuing to the dugout. My parents had the same experience with him two years ago in Lakeland and he even posed for a picture with my mom.

Could be that he's been burned by collectors before and is selective about who he signs for. I've heard the same stories about him, but he was great with us. Willie Horton on the other hand...

Yes I totally agree with you that 10$ is still great .....Im sure lots of people have double dipped with him in the past and those people ruin it for others. but at the same time he doesnt have to be an idiot to me after I get so excited to see the guy, I dont know everytime I thought of Al Kaline I always thought of a great man . it just pissed me off to see how he treated me and then when he got inside and started signing inside he was totally different ....still a great player though

In '07 at ST, I was fortunate to get Kaline's auto on my Detroit News card in the ballpark before a game. It is a quicker signature than my other Kalines, but he was on the move, and to me it still looks great.

Kaline was overly gracious for signing free TTM for many years, even when he cut back to 1 per year. Now, $10 is a great price for a HOFer from that era, especially when you compare it to what guys like Musial charge TTM or Mays at a card show. (I should add that Musial reportedly sends a signed postcard for free, but won't sign your item unless you pay the fee).

There are plenty of stories of Kaline being rough with auto-seekers, and I really have no problem with it when there are only adults around. But when there are kids present, he really should tone it down, regardless of who he is.

Edited by Los Gatos

I have season tix in the front row.....he's a totally different guy signing in the stadium with the cameras then outside of it. He signs like a champ before every game, right down the line. That being said, yes he's a grumpy guy when he's asked for an autograph when he's not at work and outside the park, which is where all the horror stories come from, but aside from the graphing part, all run-ins I've heard of from the locals around town that DO NOT include graphing have been just fine. He seems to actually be a nice guy away from the stadium....as long as your not trying to hit him up for an autograph. Also, as grumpy as he is sometimes, I've personally never seen the guy turn down a request....which is pretty remarkable for a HOF'er.

Does anybody have additional information about the Lance Parrish book signings coming up on Thurday and Saturday? Specifically, if they will allow outside items???

Thursday, April 1 - Borders - Novi at 6pm

Saturday, April 3 - Barnes & Noble - Rochester Hills at noon

I would probably try to make the Borders signing, but not going to make the trip if they are going to be strict about no outside items.

If you need JV on a SS ROMLB, this might not be a bad way to go (this is the cheapest I have seen him in 3 years):

JUSTIN VERLANDER

Saturday, May 15

DC Sports

Lakeside Mall

Noon

Autograph Pricing:

Flat: $55 Each (Photos Up To 11x14, Baseballs)

Premium: $70 Each (photos larger than 11x14, Jerseys, Equipment)

Inscriptions: $15 Each