mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Tracewski, Wood, and Kemp are all signing the day before at the WhiteCaps game.

Because Mickey Tettelton is signing on August 26 at the WhiteCaps, it is very likely he will be signing in Detroit the following day, assuming this pattern holds.

August 15th Signings: Detroit Tigers Breakdown

1945 World Series Champs:

Ed Mierkowicz

1968 World Series Champs:

Mickey Lolich

Mickey Stanley

Gates Brown

Willie Horton

Lenny Green

Jim Price

John Hiller

1984 World Series Champs:

Dave Bergman

Dan Petry

Barbaro Garbey

Dave Rozema

Other Former Tigers:

Alex Johnson

Rusty Staub

George Spencer

Dean Chance

Charlie Maxwell

Jim Small

Bill Zepp

Kevin Collins

Frank Tanana (1987 AL East Champs)

Ray Herbert

Nate Snell (1987 AL East Champs)

Howie Koplitz

Prices and info is on their website: August 15th Signings | Autographed Sports Memorabilia

Just a reminder for these private signings as the deadline to get your stuff in is only 10 days away. I'm getting Hiller on two 68 Tigers team balls, Ed Miercowicz on a SS ROMLB, and Rusty Staub on the 1977 Tigers yearbook (already signed by Fidrych). I'm not sure if the above list is completely up to date, so you might want to go ahead to his website:

August 15th Signings | Autographed Sports Memorabilia

For those who aren't familiar with Chris Potter Sports, here is my review of my experience with them:

I know there was a post earlier this year about Chris Potter Sports Baseball Player Autographs | Autographed Sports Memorabilia (I tried to find that thread). There was a lot of mixed opinions on his operation, but due to my collecting needs I decided to use their services any way. Now for a brief review of my experience.

First, I have been waiting for a Daryl Patterson signing in Michigan for at least 5 years to no avail. So, when Chris Potter Sports announced this signing back in March, I jumped at the opportunity to add Patterson to my 1968 Tigers team signed baseball. His website has very detailed instructions on how to send in items and I sent out my items ahead of the April deadline.

Shortly after sending in my items, I received notification that all their April/May signings were pushed back to May/June. Now, there turnaround time from deadline to return is usually one and a half to two months. With the new deadline came an added month to the return date. To clarify, I sent in my items mid-April and the return date was now set at June 30. The delay was a minor annoyance and they did offer to return your items, but due to the fact I had already waited 5 years to add Daryl Patterson to my baseball, I figured another month wouldn't kill me.

Finally, June 30 was upon us and I excitedly waited to receive my baseball back from the signing. I hadn't received anything by July 6 or 7, so I sent a polite e-mail to Chris Potter Sports and they quickly responded saying they had experienced some delays in flights and with the holiday weekend they were unable to get my items in the mail until the day before my e-mail and I should be receiving the items shortly. In fact, the balls arrived within a day or two (my ball is on the left and my cousin's ball is on the right):

68TigersplusPatterson.jpg

The pros:

1. I was able to add a player that I had been pursuing for the past five years.

2. The balls were signed with the pen I wanted in the location I wanted (I could specify signature placement - really nice for a team signed item).

3. They were extremely responsive when I contacted them prior to sending in my items and when I inquired about return of my items.

4. They already have a signing scheduled with John Hiller, another 1968 Tiger I need on these team balls. Also, schedule a signing with Ed Mierkowicz, a member of the 1945 Tigers that does not sign TTM and hasn't done a signing in many years.

The cons

1. Their turnaround is pretty slow. Their next deadline is August 15 with items returned on October 10. I understand they are traveling to signers' houses and attending shows, so there is a reasonable explanation, but turnaround is quite a bit longer than most other operations.

2. They are a little pricey. My knowledge of Tigers signings tells me they are $5-$10 more expensive per autograph in most cases. One explanation being they are handling the items and many other places charge $5-$10 for a send in fee, so it is somewhat of wash.

The verdict:

As I already stated, I will be using Chris Potter Sports in the future. My biggest complaint is the turnaround time, but at the end of the day the pros far outweigh the cons.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Has anybody else dealt with them? Your thoughts?

I know I need to break down and subscribe to SCN, but can anybody give me the September 4 Frank Lary signing information?

I know I need to break down and subscribe to SCN, but can anybody give me the September 4 Frank Lary signing information?

Quote from the SCN thread:

September 4th private signing

Frank Lary

Your Items only!

Cards/Index Cards/Postcards...$6 + SASE

Flats (up to and including 16x20)..... $8 + SASE

Balls...$10 + SASE

Premiums (mini helmets, full size helmets, seatbacks, bases, equiptment, caps)..... $15 + SASE

Bat/Jersey..... $20 + SASE

1 Free Inscription per item $5 each additional

Please set up TM for what you are sending.

Include your SCN ID with your items plus any instructions i.e color sharpie you want used, inscription

If you want delivery confirmation for your return please add $1 to total.

On your SASE's Please do not use pre-purchased postage where it displays a date when you bought it. My post office wont take them. Also if your card is being returned in a top loader it costs .64 cents for those as they are Non-Machinable.

Signing will take place on September 4th in Northport, AL.

All items need to be received by September 1st!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Items will be mailed out by Sept 10th.

Payments accepted: Check, Money Order or PayPal gift

Phone number: 615-715-2969

Send payment and items to:

Richard Bawcom

2270 Dewey Drive

Spring Hill, TN 37174

Quote from SCN Lloyd Moseby thread, 9/5/11 signing:

Lloyd Moseby has agreed to take part in a private signing. I will NOT be attending this autograph session in person, but will be sending the items to him to be signed. Please DO NOT send any item to the signing that you cannot afford to lose should the items be lost in transit or signed incorrectly.

To keep the signing simple, I am only going to collect small flat items. Please do not send any items larger than a standard size magazine.

I will ask Mr. Moseby to sign all items in a "regular" blue sharpie (fine point).

The cost per signature is $12.00.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please send your items to

Mark Grunske

W323 S7801 Cherry Lane

Mukwonago, WI 53149

There also are new signings posted on SCN for Andy Van Slyke, Whitey Herzog, Ray Knight and Gordie Howe. If anyone's interested, I will post the info. I don't believe there's anything wrong with sharing the info here since the promoters' goal is to sell more, make more money, etc, so this is free advertising for them.

By the way, you can't go wrong with that Frank Lary pricing, especially including an inscription. I'll be getting at least one card done with his "Yankee Killer" nickname.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Has anybody else dealt with them? Your thoughts?

I've dealth with Chris Potter Sports several times. They've always gotten everything signed without issue. The only problem I ever had was when I sent a Juan Gone jersey in for a signing. They had my money and jersey for month and months because Juan cancelled the first time. After he cancelled the 2nd time they sent everything back. It wasn't their fault of course...

I currently have my 1984 ball with them for the 4 guys coming up and my 1968 ball with them for 3 of the guys they have coming up.

The press release isn't very clear, but Dave Bergman, Dave Rozema, and Mickey Lolich will be signing at the Tigers game on Sunday:

Detroit Tigers to Host The Joe Niekro Foundation and Support Brain Aneurysms Awareness | tigers.com: Official Info

I'm not sure if you have to get the shirt signed or if you are able to get your own items signed.

Just a reminder that the final Tiger's Friday event is on Friday, August 26 with Mickey Tettleton. They are also handing out a bobblehead. If anybody is still looking for something to get signed, I have the following photo available in hi-res that could be printed:

tettleton.jpg

If you are interested, just send me an e-mail (mbrieve at yahoo dot com) or leave your e-mail here.

I couldn't make it to the Redford Show today, but if someone did go, could you post the information for the next Redford Show with the date? Thanks

It's sept 18th signers are barbaro Garbey and Randy o neal his name escapes me. Show after that is October 9th with john hiller

Were the times given for the Hiller Signing on Oct.9th?

11-1pm. There is also supposed to be one additional signer announced for that day as well.

Would you happen to know the prices for the Garbey, O'Neal & Hiller signings?

Welcome to NathanSpartan, mrkoontz and JRP. I haven't seen any of you post before. Feel free to post any successes you may have in the future. Also, if you have any pictures of your current collection, I'm sure a few of us would like to see. Again, welcome!

Link ---> Player Appearances | tigers.com: Community

Meet Alex Avila, Tuesday, August 30

Tigers All-Star catcher Alex Avila will greet fans and sign autographs at the Verizon store inside Walmart in Livonia (29555 Plymouth Rd) on Tuesday, August 30 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Alex will autograph complimentary photocards for fans at this appearance. No other items will be signed.

*Player subject to change. Presence at store during posted time does not guarantee an autograph.

Meet Austin Jackson, Tuesday, August 30

Detroit Tigers centerfielder Austin Jackson will be signing free autographs at Walmart in Commerce Township (3301 N. Pontiac Trail) on Tuesday, August 30 from 12PM-1PM. Austin will be signing complimentary Pepsi Max photocards which will be given at the store. Limit one per person. No other items will be signed.

*Player subject to change. Presence at store during posted time does not guarantee an autograph.

Unfortunately, just crap photocards with advertising all over them for these two.... I'd rather fork over cash for a paid signing for Avila.

Unfortunately, just crap photocards with advertising all over them for these two.... I'd rather fork over cash for a paid signing for Avila.

Someone asked DC Sports on their facebook page about another possible Avila signing this year and they said they were looking into doing one "before the playoffs."

Mbrieve, thanks for posting the Redford flyer!

BK

I'm glad I could help. I just wish I would have known about the Hiller signing before I sent my stuff into Chris Potter Sports at $25 a pop. Oh well, at least it is getting done.