mbrieve

Upcoming signings

That's very high for Kirk. I think he was $55 the last time he was here for a flat (I might be off a little, but it sure wasn't $99). I think they gouge the folks in la-la land. [emoji3]

Thanks just don’t want to miss this then pay even more. But I am sure they want a larger cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/14/2018 at 8:16 PM, aharvey said:

Thanks just don’t want to miss this then pay even more. But I am sure they want a larger cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think everything's just more expensive on the coasts. And the LA promoters have always had Gibby at a premium. They can apparently get it. 

Don't miss this show with three Tiger signers, including a member of the '68 team, '84 team, and another Tiger at his first signing ever.  Promoter Bill Welch did an outstanding job with his first show last year, and this one promises to be even better.  Bill had an incredible turnout of dealers and collectors,  and I expect more of the same this year.

2nd Annual Muskegon Area Sports Card and Memorabilia Show

April 7, at the VFW Hall, 5209 Grand Haven Road, Norton Shores, MI

Show time:  9AM - 3 PM, with door prizes every hour

Signers:  1) Jon Warden, from 11 - 1:  $10, with a $5 inscription

2) Roger Mason from 12 - 2:  $10, with a $5 inscription

3) Larry Foster:  Free Signing TBA

Contact:  Bill Welch, 231-750-3043.  6 foot tables are only $30

DON'T MISS IT!  SEE YOU THERE.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:04 AM, detroittigerfan said:

Don't miss this show with three Tiger signers, including a member of the '68 team, '84 team, and another Tiger at his first signing ever.  Promoter Bill Welch did an outstanding job with his first show last year, and this one promises to be even better.  Bill had an incredible turnout of dealers and collectors,  and I expect more of the same this year.

2nd Annual Muskegon Area Sports Card and Memorabilia Show

April 7, at the VFW Hall, 5209 Grand Haven Road, Norton Shores, MI

Show time:  9AM - 3 PM, with door prizes every hour

Signers:  1) Jon Warden, from 11 - 1:  $10, with a $5 inscription

2) Roger Mason from 12 - 2:  $10, with a $5 inscription

3) Larry Foster:  Free Signing TBA

Contact:  Bill Welch, 231-750-3043.  6 foot tables are only $30

DON'T MISS IT!  SEE YOU THERE.

Scan_0114.jpg

I went to the Redford Card show today (Mike Heath is signing).  Good crowd considering the weather.  Attached are the flyers for the upcoming shows in the Detroit area.

Redford May - 2018.jpg

Taylor May -2018.jpg

Troy - april 2018 a.jpg

30 minutes ago, LivoniaGreg said:

I went to the Redford Card show today (Mike Heath is signing).  Good crowd considering the weather.  Attached are the flyers for the upcoming shows in the Detroit area.

Redford May - 2018.jpg

Taylor May -2018.jpg

Troy - april 2018 a.jpg

Thanks again for posting. Life jumped up and got me this morning on something else, so I had to decline on Heath, which was disappointing. Glad he had a good showing!

Here is our autograph signer for The Great Lakes Sports Collectibles Show in Jackson on April 28th! Only a few tables remain for this one!

Image may contain: 1 person, hat and closeup
Jackson Sports Collectibles Show - Jackson, Michigan

We have confirmed our signer for The Great Lakes Sports Collectibles Show on April 28th.

We would like to welcome 1989 American League All-Star and former Detroit Tigers relief pitcher Mike Henneman!
He will be signing from 11am-1pm.
$15 for anything signed
$10 for a baseball card signed

You will find around 100 tables filled with sports collectibles of all kinds! Modern, vintage, man cave items, sports cards and MUCH MORE!

The Great Lakes Sports Collectibles Show
Optimist Ice Arena
1300 W North St
Jackson, MI 49202
Show runs from 9am-3pm
$1 admission

I am not connected to the above show, just copied and pasted it here.  Looks to be a great show.

New Sportscard and Collectibles Show at the Causeway Hotel in Lansing (6820 S. Cedar St.) on Sat., May 12. Show is from 9AM - 3PM.

Denny McLain is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of his 31 win season, and is signing all day. Call Bob Linman at 517-881-5151 with any questions.

Just heard about another event on Thursday, May 10.  It's a roast of 31 game winner Denny McLain, with author Eli Zaret as MC and fellow Tiger teammates Jon Warden and Tommy Matchick serving as the roasters.  Sounds like a blast!  Here are the details:

Denny McLain Roast
Thurs. 530—9pm (Open Bar)
Eli Zaret MC
1968 Champion Tigers John Warden & Tommy Matchick Are Roasters.....
Polish American Hall
2975 E Maple Rd
Troy, MI  48083
Cost:  $50

Warden himself is probably worth the $50.  He is hysterical!  I am sure he will remind the audience that he and Denny together went 35 -7 that year!  

Trivia:  Did you know that Warden is the only reliever in major league history to win the first three games in which he pitched?  When he got victory # 3 the Tigers had played only 8 games and at that time McLain was still looking for his first win!  Warden won only one game the rest of his career!

I attended the Redford Show yesterday and got both Jim Gosger and Al Moran autographs.  Both are great guys and fun to speak with.

Attached are the flyers for some upcoming shows.  I don't think there are any more Redford shows until August.

Taylor June 2018 Ribant-Horton.jpg

Troy - June 2018.jpg

Redford August 2018 - Ray Lane.jpg

5 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

I attended the Redford Show yesterday and got both Jim Gosger and Al Moran autographs.  Both are great guys and fun to speak with.

Attached are the flyers for some upcoming shows.  I don't think there are any more Redford shows until August.

Thanks for posting those Greg. Lots of activity coming up. 

7 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

Redford August 2018 - Ray Lane.jpg

I didn't know Ray Lane was still alive!

8 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I didn't know Ray Lane was still alive!

Lots of miles on Razor....but alive he be!

• Like 1

Note - Milt Wilcox has been added to the Troy Show at the Balkan Community Center.  See the rest of the flyer above:

1984 World Series Champion

MILT WILCOX

Saturday, June 23rd, 3:00pm - 5:00pm

$25.00 - Any Item

$20.00 - Trading Card

$10.00 - Inscription

10 hours ago, LivoniaGreg said:

Note - Milt Wilcox has been added to the Troy Show at the Balkan Community Center.  See the rest of the flyer above:

1984 World Series Champion

MILT WILCOX

Saturday, June 23rd, 3:00pm - 5:00pm

$25.00 - Any Item

$20.00 - Trading Card

$10.00 - Inscription

I feel like it has been a while since Wilcox has done a show in Michigan. I don't remember him ever commanding $25 per autograph.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:52 AM, mbrieve said:

I feel like it has been a while since Wilcox has done a show in Michigan. I don't remember him ever commanding $25 per autograph.

I agree, Milt has never been that high before, but most of the 68 and 84 guys have upped their prices in recent years. It seems like everyone is at least $25 bucks now. Heck, you used to be able to get Ted Lindsay for $10 and no fee for inscriptions; now he's $30 and $20 for inscriptions. So prices have obviously increased across the board. Some of that is the good economy as well as the fact that many of these guys are getting to an age where they just don't travel as much. 

In Milt's case, he actually travels constantly, which limits his ability to do signings. He goes all over the country almost year round with his group, the ultimate air dogs. It's the dogs that do the competitive dock diving into the water. At least in previous years, if you would go to their shows and were polite about it, Milt would sign some things during breaks in the competition. Obviously you can't really show up with 16X20s or equipment, but for the odd photo or baseball he was usually very accomadating. From the website it looks like they are in Michigan several times this summer. They show up at places like fairs and other community events.

If you've never met him, Milt is a terrific guy and always willing to talk baseball. Interesting fact....Milt's original dog that was doing the competitive jumping was named "Sparky", of course after the former Tiger manager who wore #11. Milt's dog was 11 years old and died on 11/11/11. How freaky is that!

I was wondering why DC Sports hasn't been bringing the current players in this year?  Well, I have a feeling I know why.  Why go somewhere else, when you can do it in house.

The Tiger's D Shop has been having their players sign quite a bit this year. 

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/fans/authentics#autograph-signings

A little more costly than DC too.

'68 World Champion Tiger Jon Warden will be replacing Joe Kocur on Saturday, July 7th from 12-2 pm in Taylor (Mickey Stanley is still  scheduled for Sunday from 12-2pm).  Prices for Warden are $10 any item, $8 trading card and $5 for an inscription.  Joe Kocur will now be appearing July 28th in Taylor,

Also, Craig Monroe (Saturday) and Tom Timmerman (Sunday) will be appearing at the July Troy Show (no other details known at this time).

I got Mickey Stanley's autograph[ph today and picked up a flyer for the next Taylor show in late July (must be their August Show).

Also, Redford does not appear to have a show in July and their next show is in August with Ray Lane.  Troy's next show has Craig Monroe and Tom Timmerman on July 21-22.  See above flyers.

Taylor - Kocur-Tanana Late July 2018.jpg

FYI - Looks like Willie Horton is replacing Tom Timmerman for some reason next weekend Sunday in Troy.  $15 any item, $12 card, $15 inscription for Willie.