mbrieve

Upcoming signings

Wow, Stan not bad mouthing an autograph guest not appearing at DC ... don't see this very often... lol

2 hours ago, King53 said:

Wow, Stan not bad mouthing an autograph guest not appearing at DC ... don't see this very often... lol

I don't care what promoter brings them in.  My only request is that they consider having some of them appear in a more central location than halfway to port friggin huron. I'm sick of lakeside and mt. clemens. Because of the drive and ridiculous traffic in those areas, I have largely stopped going to DC signings unless they are someone I really need. And frankly, when they have people at 7pm on a weeknight, it's virtually impossible to get to lakeside with traffic and construction. I've turned around and bagged it on more than one occaision. Having said this, I'll drive out to Gibraltar for Chet. It's a holiday weekend so the traffic shouldn't be too bad. 

Actually, I'm a bit critical of DC these days. They've quietly reset the pricing bar for 'new guys'. What the heck business does Jacoby Jones have being priced at $30? That's pricing young kids out who are trying to start collecting. The only way you have a hope of getting say the next Justin Verlander for a decent price is to get him when he's brand new and hope he doesn't flame out. For instance, I got Hank Zetterberg at the first signing he ever did here when he was largely unknown for $8. $30 is a steep price to hope the guy makes it...

I agree totally... when you can get Morris or Lolich cheaper then Fulmer and Jones, things are getting ridiculous.... That's why I'm happy Athlete Connection still brings guys in anymore.... it's hard to compete with the mall stores... and honestly I'll take 3 Chet graphs over 1 from Mags or even Pudge down at the park any day... $100 is just insane unless you have a quality game used piece in my opinion

26 minutes ago, King53 said:

I agree totally... when you can get Morris or Lolich cheaper then Fulmer and Jones, things are getting ridiculous.... That's why I'm happy Athlete Connection still brings guys in anymore.... it's hard to compete with the mall stores... and honestly I'll take 3 Chet graphs over 1 from Mags or even Pudge down at the park any day... $100 is just insane unless you have a quality game used piece in my opinion

I made an exception for Mags. Never got him before and frankly, he's likely not doing signings here again. He's a mayor in Venezuela. $100 was steep, but it is what it is in that case. 

Who is bringing in Chet?

Interesting. He was asked about him by someone at the Evans show and I heard him just say that he tried to bring chet in a while ago and there was a conflict. pretty good poker face. 

Does anyone know if signings at Gibraltar are first come or do they still do them in  rows by numbers.

5 hours ago, Dirk42 said:

Does anyone know if signings at Gibraltar are first come or do they still do them in  rows by numbers.

The way it used to be was that you got in line in blocks of 100. (Low to high). But that was for the old Gibraltar signings. Not sure if ticket numbers matter to mark. They don't for his Redford shows.

Gibraltar will be running the tickets for the Cain & Lemon shows.... it will be their call on how ticket groups are called or however they choose to organize it.... Athlete Connection won't be handling it for those two appearances

Really...you can't have Chet and Gaylord the same day? Lol. I'm glad I got Gaylord already.

13 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Really...you can't have Chet and Gaylord the same day? Lol. I'm glad I got Gaylord already.

Great to see the two names at the Gibraltar show that you don't typically see.  Agreed - tough to make the trip on consecutive days though.

Anybody hit up the Redford show yesterday?  Any hints as to who might be swinging by in November?

Does anyone here still have cards out for Tigers for a cause. I sent a few packages out 3 months ago and haven't received yet and wondered what they do with the season over?

6 hours ago, Dirk42 said:

Does anyone here still have cards out for Tigers for a cause. I sent a few packages out 3 months ago and haven't received yet and wondered what they do with the season over?

sent cards on april 22! still waiting for sanchez, martinez, martinez, and iggy. spoke to tigers foundation last week and was told many cards were signed during the last homestand. was supposed to get a call to let me know the status-- still waiting. six months and no autos, no cards, and $130 tied up for six months. i could/should be earning interest on that money!  disappointing!!!

1 hour ago, TigerFan2490 said:

sent cards on april 22! still waiting for sanchez, martinez, martinez, and iggy. spoke to tigers foundation last week and was told many cards were signed during the last homestand. was supposed to get a call to let me know the status-- still waiting. six months and no autos, no cards, and $130 tied up for six months. i could/should be earning interest on that money!  disappointing!!!

Dude...this is classic ilitch cash flow management ?. But sorry to hear they are slow walking you.

I sent 6 players out and only got Zimmerman and McCann back. Did they cash your checks yet cause mine still haven't been cashed.

Still haven't cashed checks, no cards, and no return call from Foundation guy. JD started the year by ruining my card at Tigerfest, now this. Might be time to hang up the ol' sharpie.

On 10/10/2016 at 4:16 PM, Dirk42 said:

I received McCann, Zimmermann, Fulmer, and Lowe back.  Still waiting on Pelfrey.  Sent theme all together early in the season.

How did J.D ruin your card ? Still waiting on Fulmer, Lowe, Pelfrey, and Jarrod but not hopeful they will come back autographed 

On 10/10/2016 at 2:56 PM, peze23 said:

Great to see the two names at the Gibraltar show that you don't typically see.  Agreed - tough to make the trip on consecutive days though.

Anybody hit up the Redford show yesterday?  Any hints as to who might be swinging by in November?

I'll answer my own question.  Looks like The Redford Show is switching it up a bit in November:

14720612_698678260289238_266739923747508

On 10/10/2016 at 4:16 PM, Dirk42 said:

last year i sent to jose iglesias, got it back and he just wrote his 1st name on the card, kinda weird