mbrieve

Upcoming signings

I thought this was a great thread on the DSC board, so I thought I would revive it.

I just received an e-mail from DC Sports confirming the signing they announced at the end of November with some additional signers...

UPCOMING MIDWEST SPORTS COLLECTORS SHOW

Hellenic Cultural Banquet Center

Jan 23rd & 24th

Special Appearances by

Kirk Gibson

Rod Allen

Doug Baker

Advanced Tickets NOT Yet On Sale

- - - - - - - - - -

MORE SIGNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED

- - - - - - - - - -

ADDITIONAL DETAILS TO FOLLOW

If anyone's looking to get away on a cruise in January, you can join Dave Rozema, Armando Galarraga and Edwin Jackson 1/10-17.

Tigers Caribbean Cruise - 2010

Cruise Highlights...

25th Anniversary of

the '84 World Series Championship.

Complimentary cocktail parties.

Autograph sessions.

Tigers items and memorabilia.

Shipboard credit.

Fully hosted.

And more...

If anyone's looking to get away on a cruise in January, you can join Dave Rozema, Armando Galarraga and Edwin Jackson 1/10-17.

Cruise Highlights...

25th Anniversary of

Autograph sessions.

Shipboard credit.

Fully hosted.

And more...

I wonder who they will replace Edwin Jackson with???

If he signed a contract, I'd guess he'll still be there. A cruise prior to spring training wouldn't be a bad gig.

Cruise Highlights...

25th Anniversary of

Autograph sessions.

Shipboard credit.

Fully hosted.

And more...

I believe that is part of Fantasy Camp this year down in Lakeland, Fl. Check the forum (Search) for past Fantasy Camp threads.

I also noticed it says one more TBA soon.... :hurt:

I think Edwin Jackson could be there, but I see the argument for him not there being just as strong. Any speculation on player #4? Marty Castillo?:wink:

Come for a special storytime and signing with the Detroit Tigers!

Friday, January 22 - 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Barnes & Noble, Woodland Mall

Players will sign copies of the book "The ABCs of Detroit Tigers"

Zach Miner, Rick Porcello, Don Kelly, and Rick Knapp

School groups and individuals welcome. Call 940-0844 or crm2356@bn.com for details.

I thought this was a great thread on the DSC board, so I thought I would revive it.

I just received an e-mail from DC Sports confirming the signing they announced at the end of November with some additional signers...

Jan 23rd & 24th

Special Appearances by

Kirk Gibson

Rod Allen

Doug Baker

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

I have also heard that they are trying to get Tom Brookens for this as well. Haven't heard any others yet though.

Players will sign copies of the book "The ABCs of Detroit Tigers"

Zach Miner, Rick Porcello, Don Kelly, and Rick Knapp

Does it mention if they're signing the book exclusively, or if other items are permitted (in addition to the book)?

Does it mention if they're signing the book exclusively, or if other items are permitted (in addition to the book)?

I'm thinking it is just the book, but you could always contact the Barnes & Noble to double check.

Jan 23rd & 24th

Special Appearances by

Kirk Gibson

Rod Allen

Doug Baker

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Is anyone planning on attending this? I could use signatures of Allen and Baker.

Is anyone planning on attending this? I could use signatures of Allen and Baker.

Depending what you are looking for, contact DC Sports directly. I am still waiting to ask my wife for permission as I will be making the 2+ hour trip to Detroit the day before for TigerFest.

You can get their contact info here:

Upcoming Autograph Signings

Depending what you are looking for, contact DC Sports directly. I am still waiting to ask my wife for permission as I will be making the 2+ hour trip to Detroit the day before for TigerFest.

You can get their contact info here:

Upcoming Autograph Signings

I thought about doing mail order but check out the total $$

Rod Allen auto ($6)

Doug Baker auto ($7)

Fee $5 per auto ($10)

Shipping for autos ($8)

Total price $31.00

Do I still want to pay that price??? I'll have to think about that one.

I wouldn't mind sending someone $20 and let them pick the two autographs up and drop them in the mail to me.

Do I still want to pay that price???

Have you tried them TTM? Allen has a pretty good success rate on SCN for the handful that have reported. Baker's last success on SCN was in 2005, but he signed for me TTM in 2006 (6 months).

It's official...Whitecaps Tigers Friday's line-up:

What's the autograph situation at these games? Limited to 1 per person or is it more relaxed? With that kind of a lineup, it would be well worth the trip over from Chicago.

What's the autograph situation at these games? Limited to 1 per person or is it more relaxed? With that kind of a lineup, it would be well worth the trip over from Chicago.

I'll let others chime in as well, but my experience is that it was 1 per (I'm sure some were able to slip in an extra). Also, these games were extremely popular and I can't imagine it was possible to jump to the back of the line and double up.

I did the Dave Bergman, Matt Nokes, and 84 Tigers Reunion (Willie Hernandez, Dave Rozema and Dan Petry) games. All three were very well attended...I can't speak to the other 2 or 3 games they did.

Again, I hope others chime in because this was only my experience...

When Willie Hernandez/(surprise guest) Dave Rozema, the Willie line was a two inning wait. They cut off at the 6th inning, so I went through the long line twice. So it is truly "one per person per time through line". Rozema's was much shorter, but he was announced the day before and almost knew he was coming (including myself).

I hope that gives you a little better of an idea to addition of what was mentioned above.

Lines usually get pretty long. The guy from DC Sports is always there and he sits right next to the player to make sure they only sign 1. Willie wanted to sign 2 for me but the DC Sports guy told him not to. Sometimes he'll get distracted and you can sneak another item in.

It's official...Whitecaps Tigers Friday's line-up:

June 4 -- Jack Morris

June 25 -- Juan Berenguer and Ozzie Virgil

July 23 -- Larry Herndon

Aug. 6 -- Mike Henneman

Aug. 20 -- Dick McAuliffe

Aug. 27 -- Frank Howard

Source: Whitecaps bring back popular Tiger Fridays | West Michigan Whitecaps - - MLive.com

We can't let Hondo leave the team like that..

File this under unconfirmed/rumor. I visited Legends Sports & Games today, and as I was checking out, one of the employees stated that they will be having a signing on either March 6 or 13. The two names he mentioned were Mickey Lolich and Lance Parrish, but he reiterated that they were just two of the names they were working on. So, take it with a grain of salt because they have mentioned these names before.