Deleterious

2010 NBA Trade Deadline

Well Williams flat out said he isn't happy. He also said this is why he only signed a 3 year deal.

Taking on a big contract should be Utah's last resort IMO. They get the Knicks pick this year and its currently 6th with a legit shot at #4. I would try to get my SG here. Maybe they get lucky with the lottery and move up more. Maybe the teams in front of them want Cousins and Whiteside so Turner and and Johnson drop a bit. Maybe Utah drops down and picks up Henry. Utah has two first round picks next year, maybe they package this years with one of those to move up. Not saying a sign and trade is out of the questions. I just think they have many more places to look for a SG.

The draft picks are nice but they don't help them win now like a sign and trade would with Boozer. Maybe they can do better than what the Pistons have to offer(although Rip and BG have pretty good track records) but I think if they can get good talent in return, the big contract is going to be worth it for them.

Utah is in good position to go into rebuilding mode but I don't know how you mesh that with Deron Williams. If I were them, I would try and reload rather than rebuild. I suppose they can actually do both at the same time with the draft picks they have but I do think they need to add another high priced, productive, player in that lineup.

Boozer just doesn't interest me. The only way I wanted him was if it got them out of an ugly contract and then let him walk.

He puts up numbers and is a position of huge need, but I just don't like him. Lack of defense and the Cleveland thing I guess.

One team gets LeBron, one team gets Bosh, one team gets Wade..or one team gets two of them..

8 teams can afford them..Boozer will be sought after this offseason, he has been uber productive..he is a great fit in either Miami or Chicago.

Like I said..Boozer isn;t coming here, too many reasons why he isn;t and to many moving parts..rodney Stuckey isn't attracting anyone to Detroit with his PG skills.

Boozer will go where the money is...that is what makes Miami and Chicago good fits.

I do think Stoudemire will be pursued by Miami and possibly Chicago before Boozer as well.

Boozer just doesn't interest me. The only way I wanted him was if it got them out of an ugly contract and then let him walk.

He puts up numbers and is a position of huge need, but I just don't like him. Lack of defense and the Cleveland thing I guess.

He is a very good offensive player and would be a huge upgrade in the post for us. It is not that easy to come across players who can score in the paint on a consistent basis. Defense is obviously the biggest negative. For Boozer to be worthwhile, I think you have to put him next to strong defensive players in the front court. Jerebko qualifies. Ben Wallace in his prime qualifies but probably not the Ben Wallace we have now. Acquiring Boozer would not alleviate our need for a center though.

The draft picks are nice but they don't help them win now like a sign and trade would with Boozer. Maybe they can do better than what the Pistons have to offer(although Rip and BG have pretty good track records) but I think if they can get good talent in return, the big contract is going to be worth it for them.

Utah is in good position to go into rebuilding mode but I don't know how you mesh that with Deron Williams. If I were them, I would try and reload rather than rebuild. I suppose they can actually do both at the same time with the draft picks they have but I do think they need to add another high priced, productive, player in that lineup.

But adding Rip or BG doesn't help them win now either. It would if you could somehow keep Boozer around, but you cant if you add one of those two. You get weaker at the 4. As much as I like Sap, he has only started 46 career games. So we don't really know how he would perform as a starter. I imagine he would do pretty good to be honest, but I doubt as well as Boozer. So you weaken your 4, you really weaken your bench, and you upgrade the 2.

Why not sign Boozer again? If you keep Boozer (He said he wants to stay) you stay the same at the 4, stay the same on the bench, and you still upgrade the 2 assuming you can get one of the 3 I mentioned earlier. Unless you are a big Miles fan.

He is a very good offensive player and would be a huge upgrade in the post for us. It is not that easy to come across players who can score in the paint on a consistent basis. Defense is obviously the biggest negative. For Boozer to be worthwhile, I think you have to put him next to strong defensive players in the front court. Jerebko qualifies. Ben Wallace in his prime qualifies but probably not the Ben Wallace we have now. Acquiring Boozer would not alleviate our need for a center though.

he's not coming, it was more doable last season and Dumars either passed or couldn't get it done..

I recognize he puts up numbers. I don't like him because of how I like teams to be constructed. I like a team with defensive PF/C players. Play strong D, block some shots, rebound like crazy, rotate well, control the paint. If you can give me 12 points a night, bonus. Let my perimeter players do the heavy scoring.

But adding Rip or BG doesn't help them win now either. It would if you could somehow keep Boozer around, but you cant if you add one of those two. You get weaker at the 4. As much as I like Sap, he has only started 46 career games. So we don't really know how he would perform as a starter. I imagine he would do pretty good to be honest, but I doubt as well as Boozer. So you weaken your 4, you really weaken your bench, and you upgrade the 2.

Why not sign Boozer again? If you keep Boozer (He said he wants to stay) you stay the same at the 4, stay the same on the bench, and you still upgrade the 2 assuming you can get one of the 3 I mentioned earlier. Unless you are a big Miles fan.

I actually agree with you that they should sign Boozer again. Millsap is not going to give them the same level of production as Boozer and is a downgrade at the four. However, Utah seems to want to go the Millsap route. With that being the case, they are going to have to upgrade at other positions.

I actually agree with you that they should sign Boozer again. Millsap is not going to give them the same level of production as Boozer and is a downgrade at the four. However, Utah seems to want to go the Millsap route. With that being the case, they are going to have to upgrade at other positions.

I'm thinking they resign Boozer and deal Milsap..either to move up in the draft or an established SG..

I recognize he puts up numbers. I don't like him because of how I like teams to be constructed. I like a team with defensive PF/C players. Play strong D, block some shots, rebound like crazy, rotate well, control the paint. If you can give me 12 points a night, bonus. Let my perimeter players do the heavy scoring.

Believe it or not, this is my ideal way to construct a team as well. The Pistons won a championship this way with Ben and Sheed. Boston followed suit with Garnett and Perkins. Controlling the paint defensively really is the only way to contain superstars like Kobe and Lebron. It allows your wing defenders to overplay the jump shot because you have that great help defense in the paint.

With that said, it is not easy to build a team this way. Sheed and Big Ben type players are not easy to come across. This is one of the reasons the idea of drafting Cole Aldrich is growing on me. He may be limited athletically but in the painted area, he is a very, very, strong defender. Good rotation skills and shot blocking ability.

I'm thinking they resign Boozer and deal Milsap..either to move up in the draft or an established SG..

This is what they should do but all the rumors the last two years have suggested otherwise. Maybe they will change their mind now that Boozer is playing well again.

The upcoming draft is not exactly flush with strong shooting guards. Evan Turner is far and away the best. After him though, I don't know if there will be another shooting guard taken in the lottery.

The upcoming draft is not exactly flush with strong shooting guards. Evan Turner is far and away the best. After him though, I don't know if there will be another shooting guard taken in the lottery.

Most project Johnson as a SG. Henry has a good shot of being picked in the lottery as well.

Most project Johnson as a SG. Henry has a good shot of being picked in the lottery as well.

Did Collison or Lawson project as solid NBA PG..projections and actual outcomes often differ..

Did Collison or Lawson project as solid NBA PG..projections and actual outcomes often differ..

Not my projections. I'm amazing.

The only sign-and-trade that might make sense for Utah and the Pistons would be Boozer for Prince. Utah gets a still-good Prince as an expiring contract and adds Turner or more likely Wesley Johnson at the 2.