JonBenke

MLB Winter Meetings/Granderson Jackson Trade Thread

i'd be more than happy with a CF/leadoff man who can hit .280 with a .350ish obp, steal 30-40 bases and have a UZR/150 around 15.

edit: who would be cheap and under team control for his "prime" years

If he projected to those numbers and cost, why in the world would the Yankees be playing Melky Cabrera. Who would be more familar with his skill set than the Yankees

Gardner's UZR is somewhat inflated by a (probable) flukish ability to throw runners out. Or at least I think it is.

I think the stadium had alot to do with it, but defensively, he seemed legit to me last year.

Bob Nightengale, via Twitter, claims we're close to dealing Jackson, and hoping to deal Granderson later this week.

Edit: Perhaps as early as today for Jackson. A week out for a Grandy deal seems like a long time. If there were really something in the works wouldn't it be sooner?

Bob Nightengale, via Twitter, claims we're close to dealing Jackson, and hoping to deal Granderson later this week.

Edit: Perhaps as early as today for Jackson. A week out for a Grandy deal seems like a long time. If there were really something in the works wouldn't it be sooner?

Later in the week could be tomorrow for all we know.

I think the stadium had alot to do with it, but defensively, he seemed legit to me last year.

I'm sure he's very good defensively, but I think the UZR overrates him because of that ARM rating, which has sample size to consider..

According to Billfer, the Tigers traded Rapada for PTBNL, and outrighted Simons. And signed Brad Thomas.

According to Billfer, the Tigers traded Rapada for PTBNL, and outrighted Simons. And signed Brad Thomas.

Making room for a package.

Montero's bat is too special not to at least pause and consider; you find a spot in the lineup for players like that, and while Jackson doesn't have big time power, most scouts still project average power for him, to go along with a host of other attributes.

If that deal is on the table, you have to stop and think seriously about talking more with that as the basis....you really do.

I have to agree with this. I might ask for Zach McAllister or Mark Melancon in addition as solid bullpen prospects to round this deal out.

But a deal where you get Montero and Hughes is a deal you have to consider.

Rob

Who's Brad Thomas?

• Finally, free agent and former Tigers reliever Doug Brocail, whose $2.85 million option for 2010 was declined by the Houston Astros, said he was in Detroit this past weekend.

Doug Brocail, Dec. 4: "...maybe a revival a decade later with the Tigers? Who knows?

• I don't want to read into this too much, but it's looking like Dombrowski is really searching for a low cost veteran reliever to bulk Detroit's bullpen. Curtain call to Bless You Boys' Ian Casselberry.

Please, Crosby and Brocail? Could this get any worse?

Formerly of the Twins, pitched in Korea past two years.

Well he seems like player to be less than excited about :grin: any idea why they signed him beyond minor league fodder?

It doesn't? Simons designated and Rapada gone? Thomas didn't get a major league deal, did he?

This doesn't create any space.

Rapada and Simmons off the 40-man.

I'd be surprised if Thomas signed a big league deal, but even if he did it opens up 1 additional spot.

It doesn't? Simons designated and Rapada gone? Thomas didn't get a major league deal, did he?

I can't imagine Thomas was offered a major league deal...

Brad Thomas Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

I have a question about trades involving a PTBNL, both sides agree to a certain "list" of players that could be used to finish out the deal correct? What is the time-table for Detroit to choose a PTBNL and if my assumption about a "list" of players be agreed upon, is this list even given to the public?

Edited by EchO