lionstigersand...

The hits just keep on comin'...

Can we just make one thread for all this kind of stuff? MF17, I think you're needed in the "scumers" thread.

Oh calm down. It was meant to be a lighthearted jab. I wasn't trying to claim UofM is any better, we are awful, that's pretty self evident.

Oh calm down. It was meant to be a lighthearted jab. I wasn't trying to claim UofM is any better, we are awful, that's pretty self evident.

The first post was a lighthearted jab. The second post was an attempt to annoy.

The Dantonio Double Standard | mgoblog

Is there any question that Rosenberg would be calling for Rodriguez's job if 15-20 Michigan players had beaten the hell out of innocent bystanders for the second time in two years? Michigan State has had 20% of its entire team involved in unprovoked violence against other students for two consecutive years.

Rosenberg can couch his eminently reasonable opinion in eminently reasonable columnist terms, but the bias is screaming. Mark Dantonio's got a hell of a jaw and a bible on his desk. He's also in charge of a bunch of thugs, and got a Michigan State student injured and, likely, his university sued. This is enough for Rosenberg to gently suggest that Dantonio might need to get his team under control—oh, really? Meanwhile, Rodriguez correctly judging the character of Pat Lazear and immediately dealing with the Feagin situation is enough for the "win at all costs" headline.

This is the fair and balanced person the Free Press thought they'd have investigate the Michigan football program.

Is it possible that neither MgoBlow nor Rosenberg have any idea about the circumstances behind the "Rather Potluck Massacre" (at least that seems to be the terms that moron wants to couch this "debate" in. I mean, "beat the hell out of"??? "Multiple bystanders"???) The irony here is that we actually don't even conclusively know if Winston and Jenrette were involved in this incident.

Yeah, it sucks when a bunch of outsiders act as if they know what's going on with your program, and pass judgement with no knowledge .... doesn't it?

B.J. Cunningham, Mark Dell among suspended Spartans

Gregg Krupa / The Detroit News

East Lansing -- Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio suspended eight football players Tuesday, after they were identified as suspects in an ongoing investigation into alleged assaults in a dormitory, on campus, within hours of the annual football banquet last week.

Immediately suspended from all daily team-related activities were B.J. Cunningham, Mark Dell, Ashton Leggett, Chris L. Rucker, Fred Smith, Brynden Trawick, Ishmyl Johnson and Jamiihr Williams.

Yeah, it sucks when a bunch of outsiders act as if they know what's going on with your program, and pass judgement with no knowledge .... doesn't it?

I don't have any problem with people commenting on potentialities, but when you start presenting conjecture as facts...That's an issue.

And look, for the record, it may well come true that all the now suspended players played some role in this mess, and if that comes true, I hope each is punished accordingly.

East Lansing -- Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio suspended eight football players Tuesday, after they were identified as suspects in an ongoing investigation into alleged assaults in a dormitory, on campus, within hours of the annual football banquet last week.

Immediately suspended from all daily team-related activities were B.J. Cunningham, Mark Dell, Ashton Leggett, Chris L. Rucker, Fred Smith, Brynden Trawick, Ishmyl Johnson and Jamiihr Williams.

I'm sure they'll all be punished accordingly.

You better not mess up on a Mark Dantonio coached team or else you'll be thinking about it right up until the start of spring practice and thinking about it HARD! Dantonio doesn't mess around, he's a teacher and has a Bible on his desk (and a Free Press reporter under his desk).

You better not mess up on a Mark Dantonio coached team or else you'll be thinking about it right up until the start of spring practice and thinking about it HARD! Dantonio doesn't mess around, he's a teacher and has a Bible on his desk (and a Free Press reporter under his desk).

I think Dantonio let Winston return too early. I said it at the time, and clearly his actions have validated that position and then some. That said, I also thought it was the right call to allow him to remain both at the University, and with the football team.

It's not as though Winston was an intergral part of the MSU offense, and it's not as though Dantonio hadn't already shown a pretty hard and even hand with players that got into trouble with him or the law (Jenrette and Burrell)...The biggest slip up in the Winston incident was allowing him to return for PSU??? What the hell was that all about? Dantonio should have been given the business over that call to be sure.

All of this said, I have every confidence that Dantonio will deal with the players in question appropriately. Where and if dismissal is merited, it will come, where it isn't, I would hope it wouldn't be.

I'm sure they'll all be punished accordingly.

Yup, it's not like at UM you can blow three times the legal limit and somehow still be allowed to be a RB on the team.

C'mon now, both MSU and UM are complete embarrassments right now. They are a joke. Either side criticising the other for any type of "moral superiority" is unbelievably stupid as both programs clearly lack a great deal of class.

They're all completely stupid for being there. However, I don't think all 10 of them were actually involved in the assault.

If 10 football players were assaulting people, someone would've died...

All of them need to be suspended for the bowl game for being there. That's not even debatable. Anyone who threw a punch needs to be dismissed. Anyone who was there, but did not fight, can come back in the Spring.

Don't ask me how anyone's going to sort that out though.

Edited by The Truman Show

They're all completely stupid for being there. However, I don't think all 10 of them were actually involved in the assault.

If 10 football players were assaulting people, someone would've died...

All of them need to be suspended for the bowl game for being there. That's not even debatable. Anyone who threw a punch needs to be dismissed. Anyone who was there, but did not fight, can come back in the Spring.

Don't ask me how anyone's going to sort that out though.

I'm trying to not see through my green-shaded glasses, but I generally agree. I think (?) there was one confirmed kid that got roughed up where he had to go the hospital. If only one kid was hurt, clearly all 10 of them were not beating the crap out of people.

Anybody that kid a student should immediately be kicked off the team, no questions asked. Additionally, as you said, I agree that those present are morons, but should probably be allowed back in the spring if they did not hurt anyone.

I'll say this about this nonsense...How big of a leadership vacuum exists in the Duffy presently?

Obviously Dantonio's gonna take some heat and he should, but no reasonable human being can expect him to truly be accountable for 100 other people. So where is MSU's intersquad leadership??? The Captains etc... Very disappointed all the way around.

I'll say this about this nonsense...How big of a leadership vacuum exists in the Duffy presently?

Obviously Dantonio's gonna take some heat and he should, but no reasonable human being can expect him to truly be accountable for 100 other people. So where is MSU's intersquad leadership??? The Captains etc... Very disappointed all the way around.

Fair point.

Out of pure stupidity (everyone should have been on damn probation after the hockey team incident) they should all get the boot. How damn simple minded must you be to do something like this? You can't tell me these guys didn't think what they were doing might be wrong. Not with the Winston issue barely off the radar. I know life is about second chances, and if it were truly an isolated, initial event, I'd agree here too...but screw that. They knew what they were doing. I'd kick them to the curb and not even blink an eye.

Out of pure stupidity (everyone should have been on damn probation after the hockey team incident) they should all get the boot. How damn simple minded must you be to do something like this? You can't tell me these guys didn't think what they were doing might be wrong. Not with the Winston issue barely off the radar. I know life is about second chances, and if it were truly an isolated, initial event, I'd agree here too...but screw that. They knew what they were doing. I'd kick them to the curb and not even blink an eye.

You make a very valid point and I'd now strongly consider booting everyone involved. At the very least anyone with a freaking ski mask on should be gone ASAP.

I can't tell you you're wrong for thinking that.

I can't tell you you're wrong for thinking that.

I just don't know how you ever prevent this from happening again in the future if everyone else knows they get one get out of jail free card.

I just don't know how you ever prevent this from happening again in the future if everyone else knows they get one get out of jail free card.

Frankly, I don't think the consequences of their actions are going through their minds when this **** happens. Jenrette and Winston knew that if they did something like this again, they were gone. That didn't stop them. I don't think summarily dismissing the 8 others will have that impact one way or the other.

at the very least, everyone involved should be kept far, far away from the team through the bowl and offseason. as spring practice approaches, they should individually go before dantonio, showing him outstanding academic work, immaculate behavior, serious repentance, and willingness to abide by a zero-tolerance policy for the duration of their MSU career as they ask for a chance to play again.

if any of these guys have any prior disciplinary run-ins, they should be gone.

It always seems when something stupid happens on a football team off the field that the WR's are always involved.

sometimes i wonder if there is a mutual exclusivity when it comes to being born with good hands or good brains...