lionstigersand...

The hits just keep on comin'...

I suppose it is possible that the two situations are unrelated and Winston was kicked off the team because he missed study hall.

Weren't there more than two players involved in this thing?

You're right. Maybe I should have started it's own thread. I just assumed it was related to this.

All the facts aren't out with the UM thing, are they? The facts aren't fully out yet, so we'll see how that plays out.

Winston, on the other hand, this is his second bout with the law. You want to take that as a win, you do that.

I'd love to have been a fly in the wall with MD talking to ... and kicking off the team .. Glen Winston.

Gosh Benke...Don't mince your double standards...

Gosh Benke...Don't mince your double standards...

Yeah, I laughed at that .. but the question was rhetorical though, cause I know the facts aren't out yet. I know, the way it reads ... it's funny.

Even with the Winston stuff, I think we should all just wait and see how this plays out. Maybe Winston wasn't involved in the big fight, who knows.

I doubt there are any Michigan fans who will be OK with Rich Rodriguez allowing a player to remain on the team if he's guilty of sexual assault

Well, except me of course

Well, now that Winston is seriously hurt MSU doesn't really have a reason to keep him around. That's just smart coaching.

Same way with Michigan, if the player charged with sexual assault turns out to be a relative no name, you get rid of him as loudly as possible for good publicity. If he's a future star you stand by him and vow to clear his name, then only remove him from the team when he actually has to head off to prison.

I understand your point of view, but I think you may also be oversimplifying things here.

If this exact same incident occured and Winston was healthy and playing, I would be shocked if MD did not kick him off the team. It was already a huge stretch to even allow him back on the team, let alone play this year. Even if he was healthy I'm sure he'd be gone.

Yeah, I laughed at that .. but the question was rhetorical though, cause I know the facts aren't out yet. I know, the way it reads ... it's funny.

Even with the Winston stuff, I think we should all just wait and see how this plays out. Maybe Winston wasn't involved in the big fight, who knows.

My personal opinion is that Winston's (and Jenrette's) mere presence at the scene (considering the prior transgressions of both) was grounds for the no-tolerance stance of MD. I honestly feel bad for Dantonio, who stuck his neck out for a kid with some real issues, only to have it thrown right back in his face.

I mean c'mon guys...90 minutes after the banquet???

I doubt there are any Michigan fans who will be OK with Rich Rodriguez allowing a player to remain on the team if he's guilty of sexual assault

Well, except me of course

This goes both ways. Both MSU and UM have major character issues on their teams. I mean, Grady blew got a DUI and blew a zillion times over the legal limit and he played.

Both teams fans are complete hypocrites if they talk about the character of their programs. The truth is both have huge issues and are pretty much a disaster at the moment.

I understand your point of view, but I think you may also be oversimplifying things here.

If this exact same incident occured and Winston was healthy and playing, I would be shocked if MD did not kick him off the team. It was already a huge stretch to even allow him back on the team, let alone play this year. Even if he was healthy I'm sure he'd be gone.

I was kidding obviously, but I do think a lot of people in sports think like that seriously.

If a guy's a problem it's OK, if he's a BIG problem then you get rid of him in as loud of a way as possible.

My personal opinion is that Winston's (and Jenrette's) mere presence at the scene (considering the prior transgressions of both) was grounds for the no-tolerance stance of MD. I honestly feel bad for Dantonio, who stuck his neck out for a kid with some real issues, only to have it thrown right back in his face.

I mean c'mon guys...90 minutes after the banquet???

I do feel a little bad for Dantonio, but Winston had no right at all to see the field this year. I'm happy Dantonio allowed him to stay on the team though and gave him a second chance.

Even if he wasn't allowed to play this year, he probably would have done the exact same thing here. Unless Dantonio kicked him off the team last year this was bound to happen...and since I feel Winston deserved a second chance I do feel for MD.

Winston has to be one of the most obtuse individuals in the world. Gets put in the slammer, then his coach sticks out his neck to give him a second chance to play at the highest level of collegiate football, and he does this. Seriously?

And lest we forget, Jenrette missed all of last season due to "personal reasons". My guess is both Jenrette and Winston were given second chances with zero tolerance, and both just blew it. That would explain the immediate release, as well as only two people getting kicked off the team.

Winston has to be one of the most obtuse individuals in the world. Gets put in the slammer, then his coach sticks out his neck to give him a second chance to play at the highest level of collegiate football, and he does this. Seriously?

And lest we forget, Jenrette missed all of last season due to "personal reasons". My guess is both Jenrette and Winston were given second chances with zero tolerance, and both just blew it. That would explain the immediate release, as well as only two people getting kicked off the team.

No respect for the school, no respect for the coach, no respect for themselves.

Opportunity of a lifetime, thrown away for what.

then his coach sticks out his neck to give him a second chance to play at the highest level of collegiate football, and he does this. Seriously?

Haha, good one, funniest post yet in this thread...

or, wait, were you serious about the "highest level of collegiate football" part?

I was implying that MSU was not a top tier collegiate program and that a higher level of collegiate football could be found at another university, or actually in another conference for that matter.

I think we should all wait to hear what Rob Parker has to say before deciding what really happened.

I was implying that MSU was not a top tier collegiate program and that a higher level of collegiate football could be found at another university, or actually in another conference for that matter.

i like the part where you used your own opinion to disagree just to be disagreeable. do it again!

I think we should all wait to hear what Rob Parker has to say before deciding what really happened.

...the guy from The Price Is Right ?

Can we just make one thread for all this kind of stuff? MF17, I think you're needed in the "scumers" thread.

Yep, been taking lessons from Mary Sue Coleman.

I must have missed it when Rich Rodriguez attempted to kill someone and then beat up some women

It wouldn't shock me coming from such a monster of course, but somehow it wasn't reported much around here