wingnut736

Matt Stafford vs. Mark Sanchez

So that makes Sanchez in his career have 3 td 11 int in the 4th qtr?

Rare moment of clutch from a guy who threw a pick the previous drive

Edited by Johnny Mac

Has Sanchez had any 4th quarter comebacks with the Jets? Honest question.

*cough*

:classic:

So that makes Sanchez in his career have 3 td 11 int in the 4th qtr?

Rare moment of clutch from a guy who threw a pick the previous drive

Three straight OT and/or 4th quarter game winning drives later. Yes, "rare" moments of clutch indeed.

It's not "throwing a hail mary pass and having the worst defense in the league bail you out with a pass interference call" or anything like that...

You guys are funny.

Three straight OT and/or 4th quarter game winning drives later. Yes, "rare" moments of clutch indeed.

It's not "throwing a hail mary pass and having the worst defense in the league bail you out with a pass interference call" or anything like that...

You guys are funny.

He has 3 career 4th quarter td....in a year and a half.....yea real clutch

He has 3 career 4th quarter td....in a year and a half.....yea real clutch

He's had three fourth quarter/OT come from behind wins in the last three games.

Seems pretty good to me.

It's ok to say he's been ok lately. It won't count against your "I LUV MATT" credentials.

He's had three fourth quarter/OT come from behind wins in the last three games.

Seems pretty good to me.

It's ok to say he's been ok lately. It won't count against your "I LUV MATT" credentials.

I think people confuse the jets success with his success. I will say he had a nice last drive (after he threw a pick that could have cost them game).

I think people confuse the jets success with his success. I will say he had a nice last drive (after he threw a pick that could have cost them game).

That's almost a compliment. Don't worry, I won't tell Matt.:classic:

I think he's been up and down this season. But at the end of the game he's been very good.

Which was the original question from Norman, has he had any fourth quarter comebacks.

Since Norman doesn't come around when the Lions are losing, the next time you see him, you can tell him that Sanchez now has tripled the number of 4the quarter comebacks of "Mr. Cluth" Matt Stafford.:silly:

put down the Hater-ade folks....Sanchise is the man!

Seriously though...c'mon now. He's been doing in the last 3 weeks what you Stafford fans have touted Stafford for last year. He's thrown for more yards then any other QB in the league over the past 4 games, 6TD's 3 INT's (one of which was basically a punt). His 2 INT's versus Green Bay weren't really INT's, he's been carrying the team practically as the running game has been held in check for 5 of the last 6 weeks, and the defense has fallen apart in the 4th quarters of all but the Packers game. He's been the reason they've won the last 3 games, no if's, and's, or but's.

Face it, Jets have the next Tom Brady while the Lions have the next *insert name of really talented QB who couldn't stay healthy and never really made an impact*.

and for the record...with all his far superior physical talent (sarcasm intended) Stafford's never made any throws as beautiful and big-time as Sanchise did yesterday in the last 24 seconds.

lmao....people like DaBishop are the reason I cant stand Sanchez...he is getting the Tony Romo treatment. Yea, him and his 22nd best qb rating are on Tom Bradys level

What a freakin joke. I dont even care about Stafford at this point in terms of this thread because he is out of action so you are comparing Sanchez to nothing, however Sanchez is no freakin Tom Brady, hell he isnt even as good as Romo right now.

put down the Hater-ade folks....Sanchise is the man!

Seriously though...c'mon now. He's been doing in the last 3 weeks what you Stafford fans have touted Stafford for last year. He's thrown for more yards then any other QB in the league over the past 4 games, 6TD's 3 INT's (one of which was basically a punt). His 2 INT's versus Green Bay weren't really INT's, he's been carrying the team practically as the running game has been held in check for 5 of the last 6 weeks, and the defense has fallen apart in the 4th quarters of all but the Packers game. He's been the reason they've won the last 3 games, no if's, and's, or but's.

Face it, Jets have the next Tom Brady while the Lions have the next *insert name of really talented QB who couldn't stay healthy and never really made an impact*.

This is just a ridiculous statement, because it is way too early to say either. Stafford has been injured extensively, sure, but you never know when he'll put it together. Drew Brees was in a similar situation early in his career too.

While I would agree that Sanchez is the better quarterback by a lot at this point in time, he's had stretches of four or five good games in a row in the past. He's still very streaky (which is to be expected). "The next Tom Brady" is just another overreaction to one of those streaks, IMO. Give it a few more years (or a Super Bowl win or three) before we start claiming TB, Jr. is playing in the Meadowlands.

lmao....people like DaBishop are the reason I cant stand Sanchez...he is getting the Tony Romo treatment. Yea, him and his 22nd best qb rating are on Tom Bradys level

What a freakin joke. I dont even care about Stafford at this point in terms of this thread because he is out of action so you are comparing Sanchez to nothing, however Sanchez is no freakin Tom Brady, hell he isnt even as good as Romo right now.

Solid comparison from a hype standpoint. It is extremely annoying, I agree. He''s better than I expected him to be though. I just don't see the next Tom Brady.

Edited by tigerkid23

Tom Brady's passer rating in his first two seasons was about 86, after having a season to develop on the bench.

At the age of 24 he threw for 2800 yards, 18 TD's and 12 INT's with an 86 passer rating, and led his team to a 11-3 record and a superbowl win.

At the age of 24 Mark Sanchez has led his team so far to an 8-2 record with 2300 yards, 15 TD's and 7 INT's and an 83 passer rating with 6 games still to go.

You're right, he's not comparable to Tom Brady...he's better!

(guys, please please please get that I'm just kidding around with this comparison to bust your balls)

Edited by DaBishop

I don't understand this complaint about hype...I don't know anyone who's hyping him. All pre-season they said he was going to be the reason the Jets didn't get to the Super Bowl. Throughout October they were ripping his poor play apart (with everyone conveniently ignoring the fact that the Viking game was played in a torrential down-pour and his 2 INT's against Green Bay were in fact completions that the refs decided to rule INT's incorrectly). Those kind of things effect a QB...I know you guys don't realize that being that your team plays in a dome and rarely sees adverse weather conditions but it's true. There's no hype here guys...he's led 4 game winning drives in 5 weeks. That's the real deal. Get used to it.

You probably want to watch this as much as possible before the NFL gets it taken down...a truly beautiful site to behold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUY6sd3DJOU

Tom Brady's passer rating in his first two seasons was about 86, after having a season to develop on the bench.

At the age of 24 he threw for 2800 yards, 18 TD's and 12 INT's with an 86 passer rating, and led his team to a 11-3 record and a superbowl win.

At the age of 24 Mark Sanchez has led his team so far to an 8-2 record with 2300 yards, 15 TD's and 7 INT's and an 83 passer rating with 6 games still to go.

You're right, he's not comparable to Tom Brady...he's better!

This is a typical sarcastic bait play straight out of Hongbit's hand book. :classic: I'm not going to bite on it, but I'll just reaffirm my opinion that Mark Sanchez is a good QB. The issue is that the media heads and Jet fans are hyping him up as a great QB when he hasn't taken that step yet.

Edited by tigerkid23

I don't understand this complaint about hype...I don't know anyone who's hyping him. All pre-season they said he was going to be the reason the Jets didn't get to the Super Bowl. Throughout October they were ripping his poor play apart (with everyone conveniently ignoring the fact that the Viking game was played in a torrential down-pour and his 2 INT's against Green Bay were in fact completions that the refs decided to rule INT's incorrectly). Those kind of things effect a QB...I know you guys don't realize that being that your team plays in a dome and rarely sees adverse weather conditions but it's true. There's no hype here guys...he's led 4 game winning drives in 5 weeks. That's the real deal. Get used to it.

You probably want to watch this as much as possible before the NFL gets it taken down...a truly beautiful site to behold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUY6sd3DJOU

I don't know how you can say you don't know anyone hyping him with a straight face. Everyone has been all over him since he was drafted to play for a team in New York.

Also, to put this in a little bit of perspective - when Sanchez was Stafford's age, he was in the middle of his one and only season at USC. I think our guy will end up being okay. The injuries are extremely frustrating though. I guess the bright side is his how well he has played when he has been on the field. I don't know.

Edited by tigerkid23

I bumped this thread yesterday because I was upset after watching Sanchez throw a game winning pass.

24 hours later I've come to my senses. Sanchez Sucks. He throws a lollipop ball. Screw him. Get healthy Stafford!!

Comparing Sanchez to Brady is a joke.

To date, Mark Sanchez has been a much better NFL QB than Matt Stafford. There's no disputing that unless you're a complete Lions slappy.

I don't know how you can say you don't know anyone hyping him with a straight face. Everyone has been all over him since he was drafted to play for a team in New York.
What does this mean? Just because the media has paid attention to him does not mean they've over-hyped him. He led his team to the AFC Championship in his rookie year and is the QB of a team with the best record in the league in his second year, and has led 4 game winning drives in the last 5 weeks. Seems like that's the right recipe for deserving hype. Just because you'd like to see Stafford get more hype, doesn't mean Sanchez is over-hyped.

To date, Mark Sanchez has been a much better NFL QB than Matt Stafford. There's no disputing that unless you're a complete Lions slappy.

To date, Mark Sanchez has accomplished more than Matthew Stafford has, due to injuries and playing on a much better team.

When he has played however, Stafford has looked better than Sanchez has.

To date, Mark Sanchez has accomplished more than Matthew Stafford has, due to injuries and playing on a much better team.

When he has played however, Stafford has looked better than Sanchez has.

much better

The only freaking joke I see is putting value in the silly QB rating stat. I had you pegged as smarter than this, JM.

The only freaking joke I see is putting value in the silly QB rating stat. I had you pegged as smarter than this, JM.

You're right, I'm not even sure he is that good :silly: