wingnut736

Matt Stafford vs. Mark Sanchez

The bar had the Lions and the Jets game on TVs next to each other. Judging by how both games were going, I knew for sure this thread was getting bumped.

Ha, if the Sanchize slappies are going to bump this thread when Sanchez has a good stretch, you bet I am going to bump it when he falls back down.

Ha, if the Sanchize slappies are going to bump this thread when Sanchez has a good stretch, you bet I am going to bump it when he falls back down.

How dare you bump this thread when the greatest QB in the world falls down.

Oh for sure, I just was amused with myself for that being the first thought that popped into my head. It is like the Jurrjens update thread to me, I enjoy when both sides bump it.

And Sanchez has sucked since it was last bumped, which is why I am assuming it hasn't been bumped because the previous 2 bumps were to talk him up. Your statement that this thread has been dormant during his descent year is completely wrong, look at all the posts during the 3 games he actually played well in. Look how many were posted the last 3 weeks where he sucked? It is pretty much the opposite of what you posted.

Okay let me rephrase this...

Sanchez was having a decent year, and it was bumped on the 4th after he had an okay game against Buffalo, then he has a couple okay games and no one said anything. Now, he has a lackluster performance and Stafford had a good "stats" game, and the thread is bumped because now all the Stafford lovers have something to compare to Sanchez using his crap game.

I find it amusing...that's all

Okay let me rephrase this...

Sanchez was having a decent year, and it was bumped on the 4th after he had an okay game against Buffalo, then he has a couple okay games and no one said anything. Now, he has a lackluster performance and Stafford had a good "stats" game, and the thread is bumped because now all the Stafford lovers have something to compare to Sanchez using his crap game.

I find it amusing...that's all

That is not how it went at all

Before this one, last bumps

9-27 by Buddha (9 months after any previous posts in this thread) to point out he was 6th in the NFL in QB rating after his best game of the season, it is discussed for 2 days and then discussion falls off

10-4 by DaBishop in a post that simply says "Sanchize" after his 3rd consecutive good game. Discussed that day, no posts after 10-4

10-11 Sanchez has a QB rating of 59.9 and no bump

10-17 Sanchez has a QB rating of 60 and no bump

10-31 Sanchez has his 3rd consecutive bad game, Stafford comes back throws 4 tds 1 int and it gets bumped

So show me the stretch where he had a couple ok games where no one said anything? Its been bumped after 2 of the 3 good games he has had this year. It didn't get bumped the last few weeks because he sucked so the Sanchez camp had nothing to brag about, and Stafford wasn't playing so there was nothing to compare it to. Honestly, acting like this thread only has gotten bumped when Sanchez does bad is a complete loss of reality. Its bumped 3 times this year, twice when Sanchez has had good games, and Id say Sanchez has had 4 out of 7 bad games, so there were plenty of other chances to bump this if I wanted to. BTW if this thread hadn't been bumped twice earlier this year I probably wouldnt have bothered to bump it yesterday.

Edited by Johnny Mac

By the way, I think this thread is stupid, I just couldn't let Buddha and DaBishop get away with this thread ending as Sanchez the 6th best QB in the league when he has since fallen almost 20 spots :classic:

I am happy with Stafford, wouldn't even consider trading him for Sanchez. The Jets like Sanchez and never had a shot at Stafford so they could probably care less how he does. Both QB's run different offenses, have completely different strengths around them and weaknesses on their teams. Comparing them really is kind of stupid. Im all for just letting this thread (and the comparison of the two for that matter) to just die off allready.

By the way, I think this thread is stupid, I just couldn't let Buddha and DaBishop get away with this thread ending as Sanchez the 6th best QB in the league when he has since fallen almost 20 spots :classic:

I am happy with Stafford, wouldn't even consider trading him for Sanchez. The Jets like Sanchez and never had a shot at Stafford so they could probably care less how he does. Both QB's run different offenses, have completely different strengths around them and weaknesses on their teams. Comparing them really is kind of stupid. Im all for just letting this thread (and the comparison of the two for that matter) to just die off allready.

Agreed. No matter what happens, I will not regret the Stafford pick.

Buddha, your boy is now 24th in the NFL in QB rating, behind Shaun Hill and the aforementioned Josh Freeman among others.

1) Shaun Hill has played really well, so has Josh Freeman.

2) FO has him at 16th, but that will probably drop. I think he's in the middle of the pack for QBs, which is ok for a second year guy.

3) My boy? Why is that? Because I don't *******************? Seriously, how many times do I have to say that I think Matt Stafford is going to be good before the Kool Aid slappies just let it go?

Let's watch the language choice a little bit please. -- RR

Guess what? Stafford sucked *** last year. Guess what? He's played two games this year. Guess what? When he does well, i say he does well. the difference between the two of us is that when he plays like ****, I say he plays like ****. I don't lie because he's on my team.

Objectivity does not equal "I hate teh Lions becuze they suck, ha ha1111!"

So give me a ****ing break.

4) I think Sanchez is going to be good. I think stafford is going to be good. However, I do NOT think that Stafford is miles better than sanchez. Is that a crime? Methinks not.

then again, I don't think every player on the Lions isn't the best player ever, so I must hate the team.

Buddha, it was just a friendly jab, since you bumped it when Sanchez was 6th in QB rating. I didn't mean to offend you, and I really dont think Stafford has done much in the NFL yet...But I think he will. Its not even about Stafford with me anymore, its just I think Sanchez is highly over-rated because he plays in NY. I feel the same way about Romo in Dallas, although Romo is a better QB right now than Sanchez is.

Bradford is better right now then both of them.

Not really buying that one, although I might buy the Freeman argument. I will agree Bradford looks better now than either of them did at this point last year.

1) Guess what? Stafford sucked *** last year.

What are your expectations for a rookie playing for one of the worst teams in the league?

It's way to early to really say either has been a bust or a success in the league. Still, its one of those comparisons that will always be likely made just because they were both drafted close in the same year.

I can't say it enough but Sanchez sucks. He sucked in College and was overrated. He's still overrated. He Jets run an O to hide the QB. Run Run Run Run then throw to an excellent WR Core and a top 5 TE.

Stafford has more moxie, a stronger arm and seems to have better leadership qualities.

Ask 10 top WRs in football and I'm willing to bet 9 would rather have our Guy throwing them the ball.

Not to mention the Jets have one of the best if not the best O line in football.

Did I mention I hate Sanchez

I can't say it enough but Sanchez sucks. He sucked in College and was overrated. He's still overrated. He Jets run an O to hide the QB. Run Run Run Run then throw to an excellent WR Core and a top 5 TE.

Stafford has more moxie, a stronger arm and seems to have better leadership qualities.

Ask 10 top WRs in football and I'm willing to bet 9 would rather have our Guy throwing them the ball.

Not to mention the Jets have one of the best if not the best O line in football.

Did I mention I hate Sanchez

Thanks for mentioning it because from what you wrote about him I would have guessed you loved Sanchez.

Thanks for mentioning it because from what you wrote about him I would have guessed you loved Sanchez.

na I hate him and think he sucks. I hate his face and I hope he gets Suhed this Sunday.

1) Shaun Hill has played really well, so has Josh Freeman.

2) FO has him at 16th, but that will probably drop. I think he's in the middle of the pack for QBs, which is ok for a second year guy.

3) My boy? Why is that? Because I don't *******************? Seriously, how many times do I have to say that I think Matt Stafford is going to be good before the Kool Aid slappies just let it go?

Let's watch the language choice a little bit please. -- RR

Guess what? Stafford sucked *** last year. Guess what? He's played two games this year. Guess what? When he does well, i say he does well. the difference between the two of us is that when he plays like ****, I say he plays like ****. I don't lie because he's on my team.

Objectivity does not equal "I hate teh Lions becuze they suck, ha ha1111!"

So give me a ****ing break.

4) I think Sanchez is going to be good. I think stafford is going to be good. However, I do NOT think that Stafford is miles better than sanchez. Is that a crime? Methinks not.

then again, I don't think every player on the Lions isn't the best player ever, so I must hate the team.

FWIW, Buddha, I think that part of the backlash you're catching here is valid. You state, in this post, that "Shaun Hill has played really well" this year, and that "Stafford sucked *** last year."

This year: Shaun Hill qb rating 79.6

Last year: Matt Stafford qb rating 61.0

Certainly, Hill has played better this year than Stafford played last year. But if 61.0 = "sucked ***", is 20 points higher legitimately "really well"? The perception is that you downplay Stafford's performance. I could go along with your argument about Stafford's play last year if you didn't simultaneously claim that Hill, who played somewhat better, had played "really well."

It just seems to some of us that you're using a sliding scale on this, and that it's tilted against Stafford. I don't think that means that you hate the team, or Stafford, but I do think that you short him somewhat on credit.

Again, FWIW.

Johnny...I'm agreeing with you. I'm pointing out no one bumped the thread because he didn't have great games those two starts and now it's getting bumped when he had a horrible game and Matt had a good "stats" game. I think I'm one of the biggest Stafford supporters on this board, I think he's going to be great. I don't know if offended you, just seems like you're taking it personal. Just pointing out the obvious that Sanchez slappies didn't bump it when he had "meh" games...but it gets bumped when Stafford has 4TDs...that's all

Johnny...I'm agreeing with you. I'm pointing out no one bumped the thread because he didn't have great games those two starts and now it's getting bumped when he had a horrible game and Matt had a good "stats" game. I think I'm one of the biggest Stafford supporters on this board, I think he's going to be great. I don't know if offended you, just seems like you're taking it personal. Just pointing out the obvious that Sanchez slappies didn't bump it when he had "meh" games...but it gets bumped when Stafford has 4TDs...that's all

Alright, thats all my bad then. I took that totally wrong, I thought we were saying that it wasnt getting bumped while Sanchez was doing good and now that he is doing bad it gets bumped.

What are your expectations for a rookie playing for one of the worst teams in the league?

I expected him to suck. And he did.

Buddha, it was just a friendly jab, since you bumped it when Sanchez was 6th in QB rating. I didn't mean to offend you, and I really dont think Stafford has done much in the NFL yet...But I think he will. Its not even about Stafford with me anymore, its just I think Sanchez is highly over-rated because he plays in NY. I feel the same way about Romo in Dallas, although Romo is a better QB right now than Sanchez is.

My bad. I get tired of hearing about how much I hate the Lions because I think they've sucked for the last decade.

Sanchez isn't bad for a rook. he's up and down. Same with Stafford.

I expected him to suck. And he did.

Thank you and I agree.

I didn't expect much from him his first year and I thought he wasn't that great. I thought he did as bad as I expected.

I expect a huge improvement from him here on out and as a Lions fan, he better deliver.

I havent read the thread, but I am gonna add my 2 cents. Stafford is a better QB than Sanchez. He has played about half as many games and has pretty much the same amount of TDs. Does it help he has Calvin, obviously. But I look at this way, if Sanchez were the Lions QB now would he be as good with Calvin, and the answer to me is no. Stafford reads the field well makes some incredible throws. Lets see if he can stay healthy.