wingnut736

Matt Stafford vs. Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez is currently 6th in the NFL in QB rating, with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

Stafford has, however, completed 11 more passes this year than Pro-Bowler and Super Bowl winning QB Ben Roethlisberger, who is a more realistic comparison, as he has also missed every game so far. And Stafford also has 11 more completions this year than Hall Of Famer Joe Montana, although Montana has probably lost more weight than Stafford, due to wearing his Shape-Up shoes.

Was there a point to bringing this up now, given that there's no current basis for comparison between the two?

The fact that Mark Sanchez can stay healthy for a sustained period of time makes him the better QB right now.

Was there a point to bringing this up now, given that there's no current basis for comparison between the two?

To get all Lions fans excited and ready for the return of Matthew Stafford.

Mark Sanchez is currently 6th in the NFL in QB rating, with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

your so smart!!!!

1. Jets have a D.

2. Jets have an O Line.

3. Jets have a run Game.

4. Jets have superior overall talent.

What bother bringing up a 9 month old thread. Sometimes I can't believe you are even a fan of any detroit Teams.....

your so smart!!!!

1. Jets have a D.

2. Jets have an O Line.

3. Jets have a run Game.

4. Jets have superior overall talent.

What bother bringing up a 9 month old thread. Sometimes I can't believe you are even a fan of any detroit Teams.....

so much irony in this post...so little time.

What would indicate to you that I'm a fan of any of the detroit Teams?

That I picked the Tigers to win the division? That I said the Pistons were a playoff team before last year? That I always think the red Wings are going to win the stanley cup? That I picked Michigan to win at least 7 games this year and that Denard Robinson will win at least one heisman trophy (and said that BEFORE the season).

Would that mean I'm "fan" enough for you?

Or do I have to suck the **** of the worst franchise in the history of sports and ignore reality and think the Lions are somehow good to meet your high standards of fandom?

It's the ****ing Lions, dude. Have you been paying attention for the last 40 years?

Edited by Buddha

BTW: Is anyone worried that Stafford might never be healthy enough to be a great QB?

The fact that Mark Sanchez can stay healthy for a sustained period of time makes him the better QB right now.

This is a very important physical attribute that usually isn't mentioned. Stafford should probably go take some Judo or something so he can learn how to fall correctly. Maybe that's his problem.

BTW: Is anyone worried that Stafford might never be healthy enough to be a great QB?

It somewhat of reminds me of David Carr's ankle and shoulder injuries in only his 2nd year. The poor kid was just getting creamed every game - it was only a matter of time. I'm not worried about Stafford's toughness... I'm worried about him being subjected to the same sort of relentless pounding due to an OL that's always playing on their heels. As we've seen he's not indestructible

Sanchez has nowhere near the physical talent that Stafford does.

Stafford has nowhere near the physical talent that Jeff George did.

It somewhat of reminds me of David Carr's ankle and shoulder injuries in only his 2nd year. The poor kid was just getting creamed every game - it was only a matter of time. I'm not worried about Stafford's toughness... I'm worried about him being subjected to the same sort of relentless pounding due to an OL that's always playing on their heels. As we've seen he's not indestructible

Lots of NFL QBs take physical poundings week after week and still keep going. Stafford has missed significant parts of his first two seasons due to shoulder injuries. That should worry people concerning his future durability.

After missing half of his NFL games due to two different injuries to both shoulders that's a concern I think in the back of a lot of people's minds.

so much irony in this post...so little time.

What would indicate to you that I'm a fan of any of the detroit Teams?

That I picked the Tigers to win the division? That I said the Pistons were a playoff team before last year? That I always think the red Wings are going to win the stanley cup? That I picked Michigan to win at least 7 games this year and that Denard Robinson will win at least one heisman trophy (and said that BEFORE the season).

Would that mean I'm "fan" enough for you?

Or do I have to suck the **** of the worst franchise in the history of sports and ignore reality and think the Lions are somehow good to meet your high standards of fandom?

It's the ****ing Lions, dude. Have you been paying attention for the last 40 years?

I was stating the differences between Stafford and Sanchez. All of last year you harped Sanchez over Stafford even with San. sucking all year. 3 games means nothing. I doubt your lions fandom yes because you are so pessimistic about everything. Seems like you hope for failure and thrive on it just to say I told you so...

Actually, it could be a good thing that Stafford gets to watch a former starting QB play. And no, Culpepper was washed up last year.

I was stating the differences between Stafford and Sanchez. All of last year you harped Sanchez over Stafford even with San. sucking all year. 3 games means nothing. I doubt your lions fandom yes because you are so pessimistic about everything. Seems like you hope for failure and thrive on it just to say I told you so...

I'm critical of the Lions because they suck. do you disagree? If you agree, you're not a real fan. If you disagree, you're an idiot.

It's your choice buddy, make it a good one.

FYI: Sanchez and Stafford sucked last year. Sanchez has been pretty good this year, even though half this board said he sucked. I think Stafford would be pretty good too if he were healthy.

I love how there are so called Lions fans who love slobbering over Mark Sanchez.

I am a Lions fan and I could care less about Mark Sanchez. Why is this thread on this board? If you want to talk and slobber over Mark Sanchez, please go to the Jets board. You may even run into Mike Greenberg and you can slobber over Sanchez with him.

I love how there are so called Lions fans who love slobbering over Mark Sanchez.

I am a Lions fan and I could care less about Mark Sanchez. Why is this thread on this board? If you want to talk and slobber over Mark Sanchez, please go to the Jets board. You may even run into Mike Greenberg and you can slobber over Sanchez with him.

There is as much of "pro" Lions fans praising Stafford as the better QB as the opposite way. If you are going to call out one side of Lions fans for slobbering over Sanches, you probably should call out the other side that spent much of last year defending Stafford as though their lives depended upon that being the truth.

There is as much of "pro" Lions fans praising Stafford as the better QB as the opposite way. If you are going to call out one side of Lions fans for slobbering over Sanches, you probably should call out the other side that spent much of last year defending Stafford as though their lives depended upon that being the truth.

No need calling out people for being correct, as would be the case of most here defending Stafford last year.

Sanchez is having an extremely good year this year. Stafford has the greatest tragedy of not being able to have the opportunity.

No need calling out people for being correct' date=' as would be the case of most here defending Stafford last year.

Sanchez is having an extremely good year this year. Stafford has the greatest tragedy of not being able to have the opportunity.[/quote']

I just think this thread and how personal people took these threads last year was a bit silly. I'm glad they've been kept a bit on the low side so far this year.

Yes, I think that has to be a legit concern given two years and two significant injuries.

That said, I think comparing Stafford and Sanchez is just way to hard to do. Too many variables involved. Of course they will always be linked, but I just don't think you can compare 'em apples to apples.

Does anyone honestly think that if we had Sanchez instead of Stafford that Stafford won't be looking much better of a QB?

I just think this thread and how personal people took these threads last year was a bit silly. I'm glad they've been kept a bit on the low side so far this year.

You can kiss that goodbye the closer we get to Nov 7th. It's only in hibernation. I suspect someone will shoot off the first flare right after the Redskins game.

Not if Stafford is still out or just getting back. It'll still come up, but the Stafford side won't have much ammo.