wingnut736

Matt Stafford vs. Mark Sanchez

Since Sanchez was hyped ad nauseum for the first half of the year, and dubbed the Jets' hot dog-eating "Golden Boy" it seems like there should be a comparison of the two Top 4 pick QB's.

Through 10 games each:

Stafford

170/308 (55.1%) 1911 yards 11 TD 14 INT 15 rushes/89 yards (5.9 avg) 2 TD 4 fumbles, 1 lost

Sanchez

138/265 (52.0%) 1791 yards 10 TD 16 INT 25 rushes/61 yards (2.4 avg) 3 TD 9 fumbles, 3 lost

Stafford is also 21, while Sanchez is 23, and I think it is safe to say the Jets have a much better team built around their QB.

Edited by wingnut736

Footballoutsiders:

DYAR:

Sanchez: -102 Rank: 31

Stafford: -383 Rank: 38

(that means Stafford is worse. Note, rankings will change after this week, making them closer.)

Footballoutsiders:

DYAR:

Sanchez: -102 Rank: 31

Stafford: -383 Rank: 38

(that means Stafford is worse. Note, rankings will change after this week, making them closer.)

I dont know how that stat is formed, but look at the stats at the top of the page, how any stat could say Sanchez has been better is beyond me

Also, I think it was funny at draft time everyone was raving about Sanchez accuracy and he was supposed to be the accurate one of the two qbs. But now his completion percentage is worse and has more INT.

I dont know how that stat is formed, but look at the stats at the top of the page, how any stat could say Sanchez has been better is beyond me

Probably the 4-6 vs 2-8(whole team) is weighing it in Sanchez's favor.

Good stuff wingnut, as always.

I knew Sanchez was having a rough go lately but his numbers are just absolutely appalling.

I also was able to read the "Sanchez" thread in the link that you posted originally, but now it is indeed gone. From what I can tell, it's panic time over in NY with their fans. I feel for them as I know it all too well.

No dice. It takes me to the board, but wants my user name and password. Darnit.

really? that second link worked for me

Good stuff wingnut, as always.

I knew Sanchez was having a rough go lately but his numbers are just absolutely appalling.

I also was able to read the "Sanchez" thread in the link that you posted originally, but now it is indeed gone. From what I can tell, it's panic time over in NY with their fans. I feel for them as I know it all too well.

Thanks jon.

It's amazing how far Sanchez has fallen since the third week. He started with 4 TD vs. 2 INT in 3 games, and since then he's 5 TD vs. 12 INT and lost 2 fumbles. He's become a turnover machine.

Granted, he's a rookie, but he is not looking good of late.

Thanks jon.

It's amazing how far Sanchez has fallen since the third week. He started with 4 TD vs. 2 INT in 3 games, and since then he's 5 TD vs. 12 INT and lost 2 fumbles. He's become a turnover machine.

Granted, he's a rookie, but he is not looking good of late.

I remember when people on here were saying he was "Clearly Better" than Stafford after the third week :cheeky:

really? that second link worked for me

I did manage to get to the message board. Most of them have the writing skills of a 3rd grader. Their new stadium is purty, though.

Probably the 4-6 vs 2-8(whole team) is weighing it in Sanchez's favor.

interestingly enough Stafford is 2-4 his last 6 starts, Sanchez is 1-6 his last 7 starts :grin:

Interestingly, if you go their last 7 starts

Stafford 2-5 record 154-271 (57 %) 1706 yards 11 TD 11 INT 4 fumbles 1 lost 72.2 QB rating

Sanchez 1-6 record 89-182 (49 %) 1185 yards 6 TD 14 INT 5 fumbles 2 lost 48.9 QB rating

Edited by Johnny Mac

I would think, as a general rule, it is a futile endeavor to compare rookie QBs in the hopes of trying to predict who will have a better career. There are too many factors that go into it, most notably the players around them.

Anyone see the Inside the NFL this past week when they had Favre mic'd up? Thought it was interesting that he was saying to another Viking that he thought Stafford was going to be a good QB. Amazing how the gunslingers best years are their last ones.

I've never been a Stafford fan, as most people know, but at this point I think he looks better than Sanchez. Sanchez has a much better supporting cast. Plenty of time to figure out who is better.

Everyone thought Ryan (except me) was going to make huge leaps forward in year two. He had more weapons and blah, blah, blah. Nope. He's looked worse or similar at best.

Buddha's link didn't include this week, the stats at the top of the page do. Coming into the game, Stafford had just 6 TDs and 12 INTs. Sanchez had thrown 9 TDs and 12 INTs. I'd suspect there will be a drastic turnaround in that stat when this week is accounted for.

-Tony

I remember when people on here were saying he was "Clearly Better" than Stafford after the third week :cheeky:

After the third week he clearly was. :confused:

No. Sanchez's team was better.

Sanchez certainly has been garbage lately. Is his team responsible for that as well?

Honestly, who cares. I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, I just don't understand this rationale. One week stats are the last word around here, the next week they don't mean anything - it's the "intangibles" that tell the true story. And there's a suspicious correlation between those two positions and Stafford's performance week to week. Some of you guys should consider running for office - you have promising political careers ahead of you.

Sanchez certainly has been garbage lately. Is his team responsible for that as well?

Honestly, who cares. I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, I just don't understand this rationale. One week stats are the last word around here, the next week they don't mean anything - it's the "intangibles" that tell the true story. And there's a suspicious correlation between those two positions and Stafford's performance week to week. Some of you guys should consider running for office - you have promising political careers ahead of you.

Im not talking about how they looked, Im talking about people saying off of 3 games that Sanchez was clearly a better quartback.