CoachBelch

Forcier calls his shot vs Buckeyes

Sounds like it to me anyway. Here is quote "Were going to get the seniors to a bowl game. Were going to come out and do what we need to do to beat Ohio State"

"We're going to do what we need to do to beat Ohio State" is a long way from "We're going to beat Ohio State". I think you are trying to make something out of nothing. Every team probably does what they think they need to do against every opponent.

Really? Were going to beat ohio state is a long way from were going to do what we need to do to beat ohio state? I'm not sure how that is not nearly exactly the same! It is in a respectful way but he is saying they are going to do it. Were going to get the seniors to a bowl game? How do you spin that?

No... I wouldn't take it as a guarantee and no it won't have anything to do with the outcome. And OSU doesn't need any reason to beat up UM when they are down.

LMAO this team is a joke, a hilarious joke. it makes me laugh when i'm feeling down.

I would disagree. Not sure if the experiment will succeed, but it's definitely not a failure yet.

Foricer won't make it to halftime...just my humble opinion. He would be a great Big East QB.

What happened to that Pryor to Michigan thread??

Foricer won't make it to halftime...just my humble opinion. He would be a great Big East QB.

What happened to that Pryor to Michigan thread??

Forcier is a great QB. The kid is a freshman. If he had USC's Defense, and all he needed to do was not lose games, he would be the leading Heisman candidate going into next year. Sadly that is not the case. He is asked to do more than anyone is capable of at this point in his college career.

The Pryor thread went away because we wouldn't want him. He has gotten worse on the field, and showed some of the intelligence and class that OSU is known for....

Forcier is a great QB. The kid is a freshman. If he had USC's Defense, and all he needed to do was not lose games, he would be the leading Heisman candidate going into next year.

WOW! You are drowning in the Blue Koolaid!!! He is an Average to Good QB. Makes a lot of bad throws and can't throw down the field. Thanks for the laughs this morning!!! That is some of the funniest stuff I have ever read...

Yeah, I used to chuckle to myself that Forcier would steal reps from Gardner for 3 seasons. Now I realize....Forcier is the one who will be losing snaps.

(Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad QB. In fact, he's pretty darn good at what he does. But he doesn't throw down field very well, and Gardner seems to ooze talent). And I'm not sure RR is willing (or has the time...) to give Gardner a RS.

Yeah, I used to chuckle to myself that Forcier would steal reps from Gardner for 3 seasons. Now I realize....Forcier is the one who will be losing snaps.

(Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad QB. In fact, he's pretty darn good at what he does. But he doesn't throw down field very well, and Gardner seems to ooze talent). And I'm not sure RR is willing (or has the time...) to give Gardner a RS.

I think Gardner will end up being the starter in two years, but not next year. Freshman QBs with lots of talent are still freshman QBs.

Forcier will need to improve significantly to keep his job, IMO. He cannot throw the ball downfield at this point. Maybe he'll get better? It looks like he'll have to be to hold off the talented recruits coming in.

A lot depends on if Gardner enrolls early or not. If he does, I would guess he has an excellent chance at starting.

I would imagine Gardner is the better runner of the two. Obviously he is much bigger and can handle running it more than Forcier. It wouldn't shock me to see him start and RR would just run the ball +70% of the time.

A lot depends on if Gardner enrolls early or not. If he does, I would guess he has an excellent chance at starting.

I would imagine Gardner is the better runner of the two. Obviously he is much bigger and can handle running it more than Forcier. It wouldn't shock me to see him start and RR would just run the ball +70% of the time.

Del, do you really belive in a year where RROD must win to save his job, he will risk playing a freshman QB. Gardner will get PT, but to trust your job to a frosh, I doubt it. UM issues are not scoring, they are preventing scoring.

I think Forcier is a pretty good QB. I'll take everyone's word for it regarding throwing downfield. Fortunately for him, RR's offense doesn't really require a QB who can throw downfield. I think Forcier has looked good on passes thrown inside of 20 yards.

I think his biggest issue has been on the running plays where he has to make a decision based on the read. It seems like he isn't getting the read correct as often as he should.

He also seems to struggle with pressure when the pocket breaks down.

I think both of these issues are something that he will improve next year, because I think most of it is based on instinct and experience.

I have no doubt that Gardner will redshirt next year. The only way he doesn't, in my opinion, is if one of Forcier and Robinson leaves the team. I don't think that is very likely.

I think Forcier will have a fine career at Michigan. The horrible O-Line and historically horrible defense are overshadowing the fact that Forcier is having a pretty good year, especially for a true freshman.

The Pryor thread went away because we wouldn't want him. He has gotten worse on the field, and showed some of the intelligence and class that OSU is known for....

What kind of class Michigan is known for? Dealing coke? Having players getting DUIs with outrageous BAC levels? Exposing themselves in public? Punching their opposition?

I think Gardner will end up being the starter in two years, but not next year. Freshman QBs with lots of talent are still freshman QBs.

Forcier will need to improve significantly to keep his job, IMO. He cannot throw the ball downfield at this point. Maybe he'll get better? It looks like he'll have to be to hold off the talented recruits coming in.

I wonder if some of that with Forcier is his shoulder injury. My memory could be wrong of course but it seems like earlier in the season he was much more accurate downfield than he is now (even accounting for differences in how long he has to throw, etc.).

Del, do you really belive in a year where RROD must win to save his job, he will risk playing a freshman QB. Gardner will get PT, but to trust your job to a frosh, I doubt it. UM issues are not scoring, they are preventing scoring.

Yeah, I do.

I wonder if some of that with Forcier is his shoulder injury. My memory could be wrong of course but it seems like earlier in the season he was much more accurate downfield than he is now (even accounting for differences in how long he has to throw, etc.).

Could be.

"We're going to do what we need to do to beat Ohio State" is a long way from "We're going to beat Ohio State". I think you are trying to make something out of nothing. Every team probably does what they think they need to do against every opponent.

Reading comprehension fail.

Forcier is a great QB. The kid is a freshman. If he had USC's Defense, and all he needed to do was not lose games, he would be the leading Heisman candidate going into next year. Sadly that is not the case. He is asked to do more than anyone is capable of at this point in his college career.

Knowledge comprehension fail.

Sounds like it to me anyway. Here is quote "Were going to get the seniors to a bowl game. Were going to come out and do what we need to do to beat Ohio State"

If this is the exact quote, what the heck is he supposed to say? "I hope we win"?

If this is the exact quote, what the heck is he supposed to say? "I hope we win"?

And if he said that, someone would probably complain that he didn't have confidence / swagger, and that is why he sucks.

Can't win for losing.