Got the home theme on, and changed my wallpapers. Hopefully Von will approve of the resolution.:)yvu9aruz.jpg

I do approve :)

Also, I'm waiting now for the 16 GB to be $199, since the 8 GB is out of stock.

I am curious to see if the HSPA+ model will have a cheap data package like the new kindle?

My Fire ROM removed theme support. I approve. I tried a few and was never happy with them.

My Fire ROM removed theme support. I approve. I tried a few and was never happy with them.

Was it theme chooser support? Any ROM is themable.

Was it theme chooser support? Any ROM is themable.

I have a hard time considering the ability to overwrite framework-res.apk as themable.

I have a hard time considering the ability to overwrite framework-res.apk as themable.

Lol, how do you think most theming is done? Or what do you think the theme chooser does?

Lol, how do you think most theming is done? Or what do you think the theme chooser does?

I don't understand why you are being so smug about this, but whatever. I've reviewed the commits and I'm fully aware of how it works. There is a huge difference between redirecting resources and overwriting them.

I don't understand why you are being so smug about this, but whatever. I've reviewed the commits and I'm fully aware of how it works. There is a huge difference between redirecting resources and overwriting them.

I wasn't trying to be smug, I was just asking a question to clarify what you were talking about (theme chooser support vs being able to theme a rom). I found it quite strange that you think theming isn't theming without the theme chooser.

And seriously, you never liked any theme? There are some really good themes that are more complete than even the stock theme, as there still seems to be remnants of gingerbread left in ICS and JB.

I am smitten. And I shall have this! Even at retail.

bg_container.jpg

Walt....I sell you my Rezound. 150 dollar. Final answer!

bg_container.jpg

Well you know how much I like sense...

Government Pigs!

Hey how much do you think we'd get if we'd rat Walt out?

:-)

Nothing, it doesn't apply to devices with OEM unlock options.:) I think the intent here is more with carrier unlocking, rather than unlocking bootloaders, but the water is a little murky yet.

Has anyone else played with the new 4.2 camera and photosphere. It is pretty cool, you can take streetview type photos with your phone, and upload them to maps if you are location tagging. I am going to try to get a good one of the Mall here on campus once it is light enough out.

Video: Hands-on With Photo Sphere and Camera App From Android 4.2 – Droid Life

Took a good photosphere and uploaded it to google maps. It looks like they are crowdsourcing streetview. :)

Google Maps

This may be one of the coolest things I have done on my phone.

I also wanted to note that there is no way to look cool while taking one of these. :)

Edited by Walt

I gotta say... I'm slightly regretting getting the Motorola Razr Maxx now. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE the phone for the most part. Good hardware, nothing to complain about there. Love the Battery life. But in hindsight, I miss not getting all the new goodies as soon as they come out. Motorola definitely is not one of the more supported hacker phones. :cry:

Oh well, it's still light years ahead of WinMo.

I gotta say... I'm slightly regretting getting the Motorola Razr Maxx now. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE the phone for the most part. Good hardware, nothing to complain about there. Love the Battery life. But in hindsight, I miss not getting all the new goodies as soon as they come out. Motorola definitely is not one of the more supported hacker phones. :cry:

Oh well, it's still light years ahead of WinMo.

Nexus or bust. :-)

bg_container.jpg

Keep me updated on whether you are looking to move this. My wife has now broke her s3 screen twice. Both minor, but I am starting to fear that it is just a matter of time before she kills it. I am going to have to get her back on a dumb phone, she breaks them too fast.

I am awaiting my holiday bonus..... Which takes the form of a big Walmart gift card <sigh>. Which I then hope to turn into a Visa or MC debit card (at a small cost). So we're looking around Black Friday. BTW, two long time Iphoners at the office picked up the Note 2 this weekend at AT&T. I hope to get a good look at em in the next couple of days. One guy is complaining of a sore thumb. :-p

Anyone going to jump at the nexus 4 when it goes on sale tomorrow (or tonight...)

I am seriously considering making the jump back to android from iOS.

Will be a game time decision.

I was really interested in the N4 until I saw that it doesn't have LTE. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the N4 is pretty much just a 3G phone, a major downside in my opinion. I understand why Google when that way (lower price, not having to deal with different proprietary radio/chips/networks, better battery), but it's still a step backwards in my opinion.

I was really interested in the N4 until I saw that it doesn't have LTE. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the N4 is pretty much just a 3G phone, a major downside in my opinion. I understand why Google when that way (lower price, not having to deal with different proprietary radio/chips/networks, better battery), but it's still a step backwards in my opinion.

HSPA+ is practically the same thing speed wise as vzw lte. Granted, mileage will vary, but if I were able to get out of my vzw contract, I would be buying a N4 tomorrow. The N4 modem is supposed to be as fast as it gets for HSDPA. I am glad google is putting their foot down and not letting Verizon screw up another nexus.